“Nice, affordable, comfortable”

Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Ontario, I started google hotel around the area and came across red roof inn. I noticed some mix reviews so I decide to call and get information, young lady answer with a pleasant voice I decided to book my reservation. Shuttle did take a while but it was understandable they shuttle to many places but driver was very nice she apologize and we were on our way. Price affordable, many amenities, hot breakfast the young girl at the breakfast area was so active she was back and forth she had many people in there she did not give up she kept on bringing food out. Room was ok I had no problems,ice machine on first floor would have been nice. Hotel nice, staff friendly, i even became a member. Thank you red roof inn staff. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We are extremely glad to hear that you decided to choose to stay with us based on the great costumer service you received over the phone. From what you have just mentioned, we know that our team members are doing a great job at attending our guest, exactly as they were trained. Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to serve you and thank you for becoming a member of our hotel. Once more, thank you for the wonderful review you have on our property and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The floors in our hotel room were filthy. After a shower I walked to my bed and the floor felt sticky. I looked at my feet and they were already dirty just waking to the bed. So before I left I got one of their white towels and dampens it and slid it on the floor and it then looked black. The blankets had holes and what looked like boogers on it. The plus of the hotel was continental breakfast, a microwave and fridge in the room. The continental breakfast was in a room that looked like it was in the middle of a construction site and it didn't improve while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2013

We would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay at our Ontario property. At Red Roof Inn Ontario, we always try to have our rooms as clean as possible. We want our guest to feel as if they are home when they step into one of our rooms, so we apologize for any inconvenience that was caused to you and your party while staying at our property. Thanks for bringing these details forward, as these details will be addressed and brought up to higher management. We hope you will be able to provide us with a second opportunity at staying with us on your next visit to the Ontario area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The good-
Hotel was easy to find.
Area was ok.
Bed was comfy.
Cheap.
-The bad-
Didn't know the airport was right behind us wasn't to bad but the train kept me up.
Smelly room, smelled like feet and dirty a/c.
Only 1 pillow per person and only 2 towels.
- The worst part-
They had a tour bus with people from china who had little regard for other guests my daughter cannot swim and they kept slashing her ect also went into the pool with their clothes and shoes on, left a mess after they left and was still there when i left at 10am.I think the pool area should be supervised occasionally and cleaned often seen a few bandages in the pool and that got me out really quick.

• Stayed: July 2013
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback. And thank you for letting us know about the pool and the number of people that were actually inside the pool during your stay. As a city requirement, only a certain capacity of people are allowed to be inside the pool. From what you have described there were so many people inside the pool that it did not provide space for your child to swim. I will talk with our team members so that issues regarding the pool area does not happen again. Thank you once again for the feedback. We greatly valued your time and comments.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice area, we were in town as we were attending a meeting at the convention center. Room are nice remodel, I had been here before and one thing did change is that they have a hot breakfast no more Danishes when they told me I figure oh wow they moved their Danishes to the 3rd floor but as I approach to the breakfast area I was surprise will definitely return for will be back for the outreach conference next week.

• Stayed: July 2013

We are happy to hear that you are a returning guest and that you are really happy with the improvement we have done to the hot breakfast. As you were able to see, we are always trying to find new ways to improve the property in general and to keep our guest happy. We always try to keep our rooms as clean as possible and from what you have just described, our wonderful housekeeping team are doing a wonderful job. Our front desk personnel are also highly trained to make sure the stay of our guest is as relaxing and joyful as it can be. Thank you once again for providing us and future travelers with the wonderful feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I had an early flight to catch so we decided to just stay at a motel. The staff was rude, none of our requests on the reservation were honored, the room was disgusting, our rooms door did not lock properly, there was toilet paper shoved inside the peep hole and when my husband pulled it out there was just an open hole in the door leading to the hallway, we were very hesitant on leaving our car there considering there was broken glass in the parking lot and tweakers standing all around the building, a train runs by blowing its horn every 20 minutes all throughout the night, and worst of all when we contacted the front desk about it they pretty much told us tough s***. If it had not have been midnight by the time we checked in we would have left! $65 a night isn't worth this disgusting motel, next time we'll pay more to stay at a nicer hotel.

1  Thank Danica_Garrett

Please accept our most sincere apologies with the experience your encountered while staying at our property. What you experienced during your stay, is not of a typical ambiance one encounters. We try to keep our property as clean as possible and at the same time, we want to make all of our guest feel safe when staying with us. I will personally talk with the front desk personnel. What you have described is not tolerated by management and is not acceptable. We greatly value our guest and care for their safety. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Apparently there was a scheduled power outage that we weren't informed of. We booked online and we live out of state so had no idea. The front desk clerk said "Well there was a sign" but she never told us when we checked in. Anyway if we had known we would of booked a different hotel, our son has a lung disease and needed to do his breathing treatments. Being from out of town we had to scramble to find a place that would allow us to do so. On another note....the room smelled horrible of animal urine. I went down to the front desk and told the attendant and she handed me a can of lysol. How sweet <eyeroll> All she said was "oh sorry about that" Oh no problem I don't mind cleaning my own room that I payed for. Really? Finally....we knew the hotel was near an airport, no big deal there. But there was also a very busy railway next to our window. Loved being woken up several times a night do to a trains horn going off. The quality and cleanliness of the room was bad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CK199458759
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Please accept our deepest apologies on your recent experience at Red Roof Inn Ontario. And thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. At Red Roof, we always try to maintain a clean environment for all our guest to enjoy. It is unfortunate to hear of the experience you had where you had to clean your own room. I will have a meeting with all team members so this does not happen again-ever. We do train our team members to tell our guest about the power outages the city has, but from what you have just described, they are failed to do so. Finally, our most sincere apologies goes to son, since he was not able to do his breathing exercise due to the city those power outages.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent location..friendly front desk staff and maids. Great choice of channels on the TV. 24/7 coffee and a decent continental breakfast, along with USA Today. Parking lot was well lighted and accommodated short term guests, airport long term, and even truckers. Pool was great. Pricing was reasonable for the area.
The front desk staff went out of their way to advise me of close by affordable gas and grocery stores. The Wi-Fi was dependable and easily (almost too easily) accessible. I chose to stay here vs San Bernardino/Highland even though I was here for business in the Devore area. Plan on staying here again when business calls.

Room Tip: Due to the railroad tracks in the back, recommend downstairs/front of the building. The double wind...