“We liked it, but had couple of issues”

Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Palmdale, California
“We liked it, but had couple of issues”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The staff is very friendly and they were accommodating.

Our issues were that the ac unit in room 217 on 07/01/11-07/02/11 was putting out hot air. He was hot that night so we would have loved more colder air.

Also, we had requested one king bed, but had to take 2 queen beds. Finally, the TV kept going out; but they did send someone to look at it but it did not go out then. LOL!

We did not have a problem with noise and there was not an odor in the room.

I was happy there was a Jack In the Box next door and my boyfriend loved the continental breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sugamyers
kabirbhagat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear Sugamyers,
Thank you for complimenting our team for providing you with welcoming and friendly service. However, we are disappointed to hear that the A/C unit in your room caused some inconvenience to you. We have looked into the problem and fixed the issue. We hope this will not keep you from choosing us as your hotel of preference in the Ontario area.
Guest Relations Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
South Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2011

pros:
nice clean comfortable room,with the exception of slight smell when we came in the door.
even though it was next to airport and railroad track,I hardly heard any noise from either of those,so that didnt bother me
staff was very nice
provided continental breakfast
next door to a Jack In The Box and Chevron convenience store/gas station

cons:
$50 pet deposit,refundable after room inspection and complete checkout
did not receive my written down wake up call I asked for
not too many places for dog to do his bathroom duties
they had to give us a smoking room because single smoking is all they had
(dislike cigarette smoke smell)
why are police circleling around hotel like sharks for if there is nothing wrong with the area?
elevator doors close rather quick and tend to hit you hard if you dont get in or out fast enough

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
kabirbhagat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Dear Arwen_Windwalker,
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable rooms along with great customer service. Its always great to know that our teams hard work is being appreciated. We know you weren't too happy with our deposit policy, however, please know we have this policy in place to ensure our rooms are well kept so guests like yourself can always enjoy a fully functional and well-maintained room. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your future visits to the area.
-Guest Relations Coordinator
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Had to make a quick, short notice trip to Ontario, Ca. Really did not have time to shop around and picked the Red Roof because it was at the top of the search list, near the airport and I was not disappointed. I arrived before the 2:00 pm check and my room was not ready but the friendly and helpful front desk staff made a call to housekeeping and after a short 15 minute wait and cup of coffee in the comfortable lobby, I was in my room. The entire staff was top notch and really make their guests needs a top priority. I would stay at this property again with out hesitation. And as a bonus, The Red Roof is pet friendly!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
kabirbhagat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear JetDoc66,
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel and our team members. We greatly value your comments and use them as a tool to improve our services. We are also very pleased that you had a memorable stay with us. Look forward to serving you in the near future.
Guest Relation Coordinator
sacramento ca
Reviewed July 3, 2011

got here about 8 after an exhausting few days-the place had a somewhat frayed look overall & I.found that my ac unit was not easy to operate, you had to keep spinning it round and round to get it in the right place- was just too tired to call anyone...also noticed that doors on both sides of the third floor were held open- did not make one feel too secure..i

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
kabirbhagat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear Houweb,
First and for most, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the non functioning a/c knob. Please know we have a 24 hour maintenance engineer on property to ensure a comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you your future visit to the Ontario area.
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Everything was good except that they claim to have a continental breakfast. This consisted of 2 kinds of prepackaged danishes and coffee.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
kabirbhagat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear lovehim1,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback on your recent stay at our Ontario Hotel. We apologize for the breakfast inconvenience. Our hotel currently only offers morning snacks, fresh juice, coffee and fresh fruits. We do not market this as a continental breakfast. But we are in the midst of introducing a full continental breakfast at the hotel in the near future. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Ontario area.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My fiance lives in Ontario CA. and I live in Palm Springs CA. so when I go visit it's much easier to stay at a hotel then with his family. I've been staying at Red Roof for about a year now, I stay 2 - 3 times a month. Over the past year they have remodeled and upgraded their hotel and it looks amazing. The only suggestion my fiance and I have is the TV's need upgrading as well. Staff is super friendly, rooms are clean and it's close to restaurants and entertainment. I'll continue to come back till we're married in October :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
kabirbhagat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Smidgeofmidge,
We are very pleased to hear that you really enjoy staying at our Ontario Hotel and appreciate all the new amenities we have to offer to our guests. Our staff would also like to thank you for being such a wonderful and friendly guests at our Inn. We would also like to wish all the very best on the next chapter in your life. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Guests Relations Coordinator
Southern California
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I found this room through Travelocity and I was nicely surprised. Our house was getting tile put into the living room and I was unsure how long it was going to take. I originally booked the room for 3 days but I ended up staying there for about 6. The initial front desk person that checked me in told me that they would price match if I did end up having to stay. He also informed me that I might not have to move rooms even though I was making a new reservation. Other hotels where I've tried to extend my stay made me feel like I was a great inconvenience and usually involving room moves, higher prices and an attitude from the desk clerk. I was thrilled with these guys! In the midst of finding a hotel and worried about how long it would be, I was also working full time at my job the entire time I was there. Stress! I also lost some of my room cards during my stay but they understood. All of the staff there were helpful and nice. I appreciated that the maid service didn't just barge into my room when I forgot to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Its a nice value and I felt right at home. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the railroad tracks.