“Excellent value”

Fairfield Inn Ontario
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here before, great welcome at front desk. Nice welcome gifts for members.Close to airport (minimal noise when doors are closed) close to I-10 and Ontario Mills Mall. Excellent Free Breakfast, healthy and good choices. Pocket doors in bathrom took some getting used to but a definite space-saver.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the back (away from the highway) for quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Desiree M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It made our day to hear your response as our staff greatly appreciate when our guests give us positive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, during your next trip to Ontario!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Ontario

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hotel staff is friendly and received our group with a smile. He mentioned to me my privileges as a Marriott member which I was not aware of. The room was comfortable with clean bedding. The only complain I have is the bathroom door that does not close properly and cannot be locked for privacy. Breakfast is quite normal for a chain hotel: rather tough scrambled egg, sausage.
Overall, our stay was uneventful and quite comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great price for the room. Staff was very friendly and the room was the normal Fairfield Inn room. However the desk was small (sightly larger than a card table). Only floor has inside doors, floors 1 & 2 have outside entry doors. There is a restaurant you can walk to (Panda House) but little else within walking distance. Nice mall with shops and restaurants is across the freeway about a 10 minute trip by car.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a lovely airport hotel, highly recommended but just be careful with late arrivals and departures. Not sure if it's seasonal or not but instead of a shuttle driver you are instructed to take a taxi from/to the airport. Some taxi drivers are happy to accommodate; some are surly.

The elevator is outside the building & lobby area so keep your key in hand when checking in.

Upon departure, if you do not want to share a cab / wait for them to fill the cab be very clear with the front desk. If you are not assertive, you will be waiting for other checkouts to get going.

Overall, would stay here again. Room nice and clean and tidy, coffee in the a.m., good water pressure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MsMMiler
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel because they have a 'Park Here' rate that allows to leave your car parked @ hotel while on travel. Much cheaper than using airport long term. They use a local taxi for transportation from hotel to ONT & from ONT back to hotel upon your rtn. Hotel pays for taxi both ways. Never had complaint with rooms. Great value!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I'm a frequent Priceline user so the hotel I get is not revealed until the bid is accepted. Based on the Trip Advisor rating that the Fairfield was ranked in the lower half of hotels in the area, I was concerned when I won this one. After experiencing the hotel, I can happily say this is one of my favorites in the area.

Check-in: friendly, fresh baked cookies, coffee and water in lobby, very clean.

The room: nicely decorated, spotless, very comfortable bed, pillow to die for, large modern flat screen, micro wave, refrigerator, free wireless internet, convenience outlets everywhere, nice lighting, quiet heating/cooling unit, ironing board, soft fluffy towels, decent bath products, very quiet for the most part. There were some very rude people loudly talking in the hall in the early morning hours which were easily heard......otherwise very quiet.

Free breakfast: wonderful, very inviting seating area, one of the best selections for a freebie that I've ever experienced, very clean preparation area. BTW, when you see the attendant working hard to keep the cattle fed and the area clean, please show your appreciation with a tip.

Parking: abundant and free

I couldn't have been happier with my stay!

Room Tip: The hotel borders the freeway. If the din of the cars bothers you, request a room on the back side...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wsj3200
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed overnight due to an early departure from ONT. Chose Fairfield because I was sure of Marriott quality while not wanting any more than a quiet room...wouldn't even have a chance to eat the free breakfast. Anyway, after giving front-desk clerk a few problems since first room had a/c problems, I was given a good room on the 3rd floor. I must give an A+++ rating to Elizabeth (front desk clerk) as she worked hard to find me a room where I'd feel safe and secure. She never questioned my request, just found me a room matching my requirements. Also, Carlos, the handyman was a great help. He said the a/c problem couldn't be fixed immediately so went to front desk to get me the keys to my new room! He even helped me move my luggage.

As a solo female traveler, I insisted on a room where I would feel safest...has to be 3rd floor at this location as can only be accessed by an interior hallway. Other floors have outside room entrances. You have to use your room key-card to access elevator; which made me feel even safer.

The hotel doesn't have an airport shuttle...instead calls a local cab. They pay the cab both from-and-to ONT. I set up for cab pick-up when I registered, and know it'll be waiting for me at 5 am.

There are a few places to get lunch and dinner nearby if you are without a car like I am. I plan on walking the half-block to the TGI-Fridays for a light dinner.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor for indoor access to rooms by interior hallway. Request a room as far from I-10 as...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo