“Will Do It Again”

Fairfield Inn Ontario
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed March 29, 2013

In the past I haven't used many of the Marriott chain of hotels, typically I used one of the other major chains since they did a good job wherever I stayed. Lately that chain has become less friendly and more towards the take-it-or-leave-it attitude.

In February I held a conference at a downtown San Diego Marriott and it was such a good experience I figured I’d give some of the other Marriott hotels a chance on future travels. On a recent business meeting in the southern California area I found a chance to give this Fairfield Inn a shot. I was not disappointed.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were clean, well kept, updated and comfortable. The continently breakfast was one of the best I’ve ever experienced.

I travel on business a little more than occasionally so I’m looking for good value, clean rooms and a friendly atmosphere; I’m not looking for posh amenities but this hotel did a fantastic job of making feel like I was being ‘treated’.

When I booked the room I was concerned that it would be sub-standard since the price was fairly low compared to other hotels in the area. I was surprised! This was one of the best values in a hotel I’ve experienced.

The only downfall was the lack of an onsite fitness center. They do have a no-charge cooperation with a local fitness center that was fairly convenient. The advantage here is that you have access to quality fitness equipment compared to the typical (at least at the other chain) worn down, often not functioning, hotel fitness equipment.

Without a doubt I will be switching my business travel over to the Marriott chain whenever possible. If I continue to see the exceptional value with the Marriot chain that I experienced here with this Fairfield Inn I may never go back to that other chain again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn during Nascar weekend for something convenient to Ontario Airport and California Speedway. The Fairfield Inn looks to be pretty new. Property is very well maintained. The room was small, but not uncomfortably so and was very functional. There's no closet, just an exposed rod in the room to hang things on, and the ironing board hangs on the side of the combo TV cabinet/chest of drawers. The bathroom was generous in size. The room has a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. The bed was comfortable with a pillow top mattress. There is a nice size writing desk. The TV was about a 30" flat screen with lots of channels and on on screen display with the name of the currently playing show on it. There were ample electrical outlets around to keep electronic devices charged. There's a Panda Inn Chinese restaurant right next door and a TGI Fridays right down the road. Several malls are just a short drive away. The hotel is a 5 minute ride to Ontario Airport and easy access to the I-10. Although right next to I-10, road noise was not noticeable. Air conditioning system worked well. Breakfast typical of a property of this type, not great but not bad.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is pretty much a no frills hotel, outside rooms similar to most Motels 1st floor is right on the parking lot. Price was good for a one nights stay but would not recommend for a longer stay or vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were a little wary of staying at this hotel when we pulled in since it was located so close to the freeway but it was the city we needed to be in (Ontario) and the hotel was a Fairfield by Marriott afterall so we entered and I am happy to say that we were pleasantly suprised.

Room, Sleep and Beds
You can tell the hotel is older but it is clean and looks well maintained. I'm pretty nitpicky about cleanliness and this property was definitely cared for. The room was fairly basic with updated decor so pleasant but no "wow" factor which was perfectly fine by me.

I don't always sleep well even at home (with earplugs, white noise and a sleep mask). So, being away from home and seeing the freeway so near the hotel I was pretty worried. It was quite loud when we got out of the car so I thought to myself, I guess I won't be sleeping. However, once inside the hotel it wasn't nearly so loud and I ended up sleeping well (I did have my earplugs in though). Now you are going to think I'm totally neurotic, and you're probably right, but I also bring my own 2 pillows when we travel in our own car. So I had lugged them along on this trip for the previous 3 Marriott's we stayed at and brought them into the room here as well. However, after trying out the pillows at this hotel I found them really comfortable so didn't bother to unpack my pillows. The hotel pillows were firm but not too firm and in the end, I really wanted to find out where they got them because I liked them that much and thought I might replace one of mine with one like they had at the hotel! Ok, enough about my sleep neurosis. :D

Breakfast
It was AMAZING! Hard boiled eggs, waffles from a batter dispenser and nifty waffle maker with timer so you know when they are done, 2 kinds of yogurt (activia and yoplait light), 2 kinds of breakfast sandwiches (regular and reduced fat), fresh whole fruit (apples, bananas) cereal, toast, bagel, pastries, coffee, tea and 2 juices. The lady that kept the breakfast items stocked and breakfast area cleaned was so nice and did such an excellent job. I was really, really impressed and tipped her!

Front desk staff were friendly, efficicient and helpful. The breakfast lady I already mentioned was fantastic. They had cookies available in the afternoon which was really nice.

Location
So as you already know it is near a freeway. It is also located in a business district so not much directly around the hotel but business bldgs. but there was plenty of good restarants and shops close by so this isn't an issue if you are staying longer than an overnight.

Unlike most Marriott's, this hotel does not have a gym on site but if you ask the front desk, they will give you a paper with directions to a local gym close by that you can get a complimentary pass to visit during your stay.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveling-kimber
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have always been a fan of Marriott Hotels and for a good reason. The room was very nice with a beautiful view of the mountains. I would suggest a room on higher floors so you have inside room entry. Their breakfast was a very good continental style breakfast that met our needs. The only downfall is finding the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night, but I wish I was there for a week. The associates were great, bed was amazingly comfy, Internet was fast, tv was great, the hotel was quiet and clean. This is what a hotel should be like.
If you arrive or depart from ONT airport, the hotel gives your voucher for the taxi ride (all of 5 minutes). That's a nice extra perk. If I'm back in Ontario, this is my choice.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Check in was super fast and easy. Great front desk crew throughout our stay. This facility has been rehabbed and has really improved the breakfast area with loads of extra room and seating.
The rooms have been rehabbed as well and are extra clean. Extra security provided with having to use your room key to get the elevator to operate. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Breakfast was provided at no extra charge and was of good variety of food. Check out was very easy and fast. Parking was plentiful. Hotel is easy to find off of I-10. Hotel pays for taxi from Ontario airport.

All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business