“Comfortable/Reasonably Priced Stay”

Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Overall, the staff was extremely friendly, complimentary parking was easy and all the rooms provided a comfortable, clean, and safe stay for guests with all the necessary amenities. A good hotel definitely worth a return visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff here made you feel welcomed and cared for. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked a stay several months ago at the Sheraton at the Ontario airport, due to travel issues my wife checked in today and I am still trying to get back to CA from OH, due to weather issues.

When I made the reservation I requested a refrigerator, I also had my previous and current ambassadors at SPG call the hotel to try and ensure that a refer would be in the room. Not only did that not happen but when I called the hotel and spoke to the general Alfonso Torres, he was rude and interrupted me several times after he asked me to explain the situation. I would like Mr. Torres direct Supervisors contact information. I have never come across a general manager at SPG like him. I will never step foot in the Sheraton at Ontario as long as he remains working there

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank mmadden841
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

mmadden841,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s unfortunate that your experience was un-acceptable. I want to assure you that we take every opportunity to improve our service standards whenever we fail to meet or exceed our guest expectations and I apologies that we did not do so for you.

In this particular instance I feel it extremely important to address this as you have identified a specific person in our operation that you feel was rude and failed to resolve your issue. Also calling for someone’s termination or resignation is extreme considering the issue. As you can see by our rating summaries we have 4 out of 5 in all categories with the exception of one. Rooms is an area we are addressing with a complete renovation from top to bottom that is in the final stages of completion.

I have reviewed the incident and have spoken at length with our General Manager as well as other staff members involved. As a point of explanation and not excusing the incident I must explain how we have addressed this.

Refrigerators are not a standard amenity in all of our guest rooms. However we do have a limited amount available upon request for guest such as yourself. In this case we missed the mark by not having it in the guest room upon arrival and that you had to again request it. As you know and experienced weather related travel interruptions this was the case for other travelers that stayed with us. Extending their travel due to the weather disrupted our ability to provide you with a refrigerator upon arrival. In speaking with the staff I understand that we were able to fulfill your request with only a minor delay after checking in. We are committed to finding better ways to provide you with the best possible service standards and will continue to do so by addressing issues such as this.

With regards to your experience with our General Manager I can tell you that we have spoken at length about this and will continue to take every effort to learn from it and take all that enthusiastic energy to resolve issues directly in a more positive balanced approach.

I am sorry that you will not be staying with us in the future. I hope you will reconsider knowing that your loyalty to Starwood is very important to us and that a single experience of disappointment is not a true reflection of our hotel the Sheraton brand or any of the thousands of Hospitality professionals providing exceptional services every day.

Please feel free to contact me at any time as we would love the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Christopher Slattery CHA
CEO - Hospitality Resource Group
Sheraton Hotel Ontario Airport

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Pretty much an average hotel, nothing good, nothing bad. Average interior, average rooms with a marginal TV lineup, average check-in, average landscaping. I was going to give the hotel a 6/10 because there is an In-N-Out burger place across the street but I have to change that to a 4/10 due to the gardeners outside of my window at 7:30 AM with their LOUD sidewalk blowers :( BY THE WAY, I'm on the fifth floor and the weedeaters/blowers are loud so I can only imagine the lower floors :(

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank thekubiaks
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. We do appreciate all of our guests feedback and we take it as an opportunity to grow. We will be following up with our landscape team to ensure they wait until later hours to begin work closest to the hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I have stayed several times in this hotel and I'm never disappointed. Little touches like the marble floor tiles in the bathroom are really nice. Super clean, great beds, nice common areas and very nice staff. A little noisy from outside sources including train but, overall, a great value and great stay

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly do appreciate hearing from our guests and it is always a pleasure to share such a positive review with our team. I am happy to read you continue to stay with us and have never been disappointed, this is an accomplishment we hope to achieve with each and every guest. We are continuing to renovate our hotel and we understand the subtle touches can be the most impacting. We hope to see you again and hope you enjoy our next phase of renovations.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really good Club Floor with particular mexican dishes and nice biscquits!!!
Very nice lady that serves and very friendly reception.
Good and clean was the pool area, and rooms were big and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience. It is with great pleasure I share your review with our Food and Beverage team. We take great pride in our Sheraton Club Lounge and want to be able to offer our guests more than simply cheese and crackers. We hope to see you again, whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked this trip at the last minute (3 hours before check-in), using an Internet service (not Tripadvisor). My decision was the product of location, near I-10, and somewhat price (who doesn't like a sale?).

I had expected an unremarkable airport hotel, but I found something quite different.

The staff was unusually friendly (check-in, and preferred guest lounge). However, the true surprise was the restaurant. What initially appears to be a small and physically unremarkable hotel bar is actually a reasonably good restaurant.

I am normally leery of "airport hotel restaurants", but this restaurant was a surprise in terms of service and food quality. Execution of the Grilled Atlantic Salmon, with asparagus and squash, was a delight to the eye, and very tasty. Amazingly, with fewer than 10 other patrons (7:00 PM) everything tasted fresh, and the vegetables were cooked perfectly; al dente. Special commendation for my server "Amber" who was well informed about the menu, extremely attentive and energetic, but not bothersome.

The hotel appears to be about 20-30 years old, and has had some updating of public spaces. The elevators have been kept clean, but along with the bathrooms, are showing some age. Overall housekeeping was good, and the room linens were clean and in good condition. Sleep quality was excellent, as is typical for Sheraton (Starwood) bedding.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us. We are continuously striving to provide more than just a great stay along with great services, but to actually provide a great experience. It brings great pride to me to know our staff was able to provide you with both of what we strive for; great services and a great experience. We definitely hope you plan on seeing us again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Staff are always friendly and helpful. As we are Starwood Platinum, we usually get a top floor room on the club level. Breakfast and evening snacks are hot and good. $4 glass of wine was brought up from the bar for me by the nicest staff member. Rooms are quiet. Shuttles to the terminals are quick. You can also leave your car in their parking lot if you register it with the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. You have highlighted a lot of our great amenities, it is a pleasure to see our guests enjoy everything we have to offer here. Thank you for being such a loyal member, not only to Starwood but to our property as well. We look forward to your next stay with us.