“A wonderful Hotel!”

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A wonderful Hotel!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This Sheraton Hotel has the Best staff! The restaurant is great & the food is delicious! The staff in the Restaurant & Bar are awesome, especially Samone & Sandra! They treat you like you are special. We consider the Sheraton our home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Wonderful to arrive to a Airport Property and be meet with such a service minded staff! The property is well maintained and takes pride in caring for their guests. As a SPG Platinum Guest I was upgraded to the Club floor room which features the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, oversize desk area, and large bathroom. The room was very clean and comfortable all around! The Club itself features both hot and cold breakfast items, Starbucks Coffee, etc. A great value and welcome to the road warrior to start the day off! I find hotel properties to be spotty regardless of the brand, this one is not one of them! Highly recommend and will be back for sure! Keep up the great work !

Room Tip: Request club floor upgrade
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
cary
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here during a quick visit with family. The rooms were clean and comfortable but not like some other premium hotels. I gave a nice tip to the maid who mailed my ipad back to nc as I forgot it during a hurried morning. I would certainly stay there again when I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your most recent review. I will be forwarding your review to our Housekeeping Manager in order for her to share it with her team. I am very delighted to read that our housekeeping team went above and beyond to make sure your item was returned and taken care of. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had planned a late night with friends in the Rancho Cucamonga area and did not want to drive 70 miles home after midnight, so I booked this hotel through Priceline. I had never stayed at an airport hotel, so my expectations were a little on the low side. I was very surprised by what I found:

The Sheraton is right off the freeway, but far away where you can't hear any traffic. Check in was very easy and the room was a fairly standard and clean. At first the air conditioning unit was blowing hot air, but engineering arrived within 10 minutes and reprogrammed the thermostat to work properly. When I returned from my late night, the room was very comfortable and cool, just the way I like it.

I had a mild concern because the frond tree outside my window was brushing up against it every few seconds (it was kind of windy that night), but I fell asleep instantly. And I am used to Vegas rooms with dark curtains that block out 100% of the morning sun, which this room did not have. So I was absolutely shocked to get a solid nine hours of sleep, which means that the bedding at the Sheraton was extremely comfortable.

So comfortable, I decided to watch tv and lie in bed until the noon check out time. In all of my travels, I can't recall bedding so soft and comfortable that didn't mess up my back the next day. I require very firm bedding for this reason, so I think Sheraton figured out the magic formula for soft/comfortable bedding that is actually firm (but unnoticeable to sensitive backs).

At any rate, this feature alone makes it worth another trip to a Sheraton. I will definitely start putting Sheraton on my list of preferred hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LeeTrotman
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great night sleep. We get a lot of great reviews on our Sheraton Sweet Sleepers. If you are ever interested you can actually by these custom made beds on our Sheraton store. They truly are amazing beds and fit for all sleepers. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of June 2013. I felt that the level of customer service was excellent, and actually improved my image of the Sheraton brand.

Room:
The room was very clean, and was what you would expect from a Sheraton. Our vacation also included a stay at a Marriott, and I must say comparing the two that the mattresses and bedding at the Sheraton were way better and more comfortable. Although the rest of the hotel showed some signs of wear and tear, I didn't have any complaints about the state of the room. I stayed on the 5th floor, on the west side of the building, facing the front. Unfortunately the air conditioning units don't have controls for the fan speed, so the air was off, or full blast when it came on. This woke me up quite a few times as the Amana units are pretty loud. Also, they seem to have their landscapers start work on the grounds at around 8am on a Monday. This woke the both of us up early with their edge trimming, mowing, and leaf blowing which was pretty annoying. (And it must have been loud because we were on the 5th floor!).

Smoking:
The entire hotel is a non-smoking hotel, but I could smell smoke coming from the stairwell of the west side 5th floor. This was a concern of mine as my wife is pregnant, but the smell did not travel into our room.

Maintenance:
There were some unfortunate issues with maintenance during our two night stay. Firstly, I was surprised that this hotel with more than 5 floors only has 2 elevators, and during the first day, one of the elevators was marked out of service. Luckily they have chairs at every floor so my pregnant wife was able to sit down during the wait, which took about 1-3 mins on average to call the elevator. Secondly, an issue happened to be with the Men's bathroom on the ground floor. The only toilet in the bathroom was marked out of service during the entire 2 days I was there, and one of the urinals was blocked. Also, the battery operated paper towel dispenser was showing out of battery for both days, so I got the impression straight away that the restroom wasn't attended to that often. Thirdly, the spa was marked out of order for the two days we were there, which didn't look good, but being it was 108 outside, I didn't miss it.

Pool:
The pool area was amazing. They have two cabanas and other trees that provide that excellent balance of sun and shade. During the Saturday we were at the pool, the entire area was empty for the whole day, so we thoroughly enjoyed our time - apart from the pool guy which showed up around 2pm and decided to clean the pool for an hour... just picture swimming in a pool in a way that you have to dodge the cleaner's net and other pipes and things he uses to clean it. The spa was marked out of order for the two days we were there, which also added to the maintenance issues.

All in all, I really enjoyed the customer service and my stay. My wife and I both loved the lemon and orange flavored waters they have in the lobby. It would be great if they could address the maintenance issues, and possibly schedule routine maintenance at times that didn't interfere with guests.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 5th or high floor, on the west side. The east side is closest to the freewa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon397
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel is being renovated and computers were not available because of new carpet being laid. Club floor is showing some wear and tear. Lobby is being renovated but at a slow pace.
Internet could be much better. Have had connection and internet issues at this location for some time.

Front staff and manager are extremely friendly and helpful.
Shuttle service to the airport is wonderful.
Addition of coffee and ice water in lobby is very nice.

Room Tip: corner rooms are more spacious and have more light
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience our renovations caused. We have been making majors changes to our hotel and hope our guests enjoy the upgrades, but we want the process to be as painless as possible for our guests. I am happy to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating. We do hope you stay with us again and can truly enjoy your stay with us without any minor renovations.