“Economical room with Poor Customer Service”

Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Economical room with Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

8 Colleagues and I stayed at the Sheraton for 3 days on business. It was economical, but no great shakes. The interior is starting to run down, and the ammenities seemed to lack. The pool was closed one of the days we were out there (it was 96 degrees) and the lounge area was small. Also, 3 of my colleagues had phone charges ne there hotel room bills for long-distance calls made form their rooms while we were at our Operations facility. We could prove we were not there, but it took over a week for them to reverse the charge. We will not be staying back at this hotel.

Room Tip: Watch the details of your room bill, and the breakfast is extremely overpriced.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly do appreciate our guests feedback, it enables us to provide a better experience for our guest. We have begun to renovate our property and plan to enhance the look and feel of our property. In regards to the pool being closed, we do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you, we had to make minor repairs to our pool and we are happy to say it is operating smoothly for these hot summer days. I will be following up with my staff and looking into these phone charges. I do hope you offer us another opportunity to share a better experience with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, this is clearly not one of the premier Sheratons in the world. But it is an airport hotel priced very low, and considering that I really like this place.

I stayed just one night, and I thought the room was okay and the bed pretty good. The gym was reasonable good and the pool clean, quiet, and not crowded. The staff was relatively helpful and polite. Parking is easy and free.

I was put on the club floor, and the food was pretty good, both at breakfast and dinner. I'll admit the 'hot food' was only slightly warm at best, but still it was better that a lot of other hotel clubs I've been in. I think my biggest issue with the club was that the attendant was clearing up breakfast way too early. I arrived at about 9:40am, and she was already cleaning up and was done by 9:45. I think breakfast was supposed to go until 10, and some others arrived just before 10 and were out of luck. For a Saturday morning, breakfast should definitely not end so early. I think weekend breakfast should always go until at least 11am.

In the end my experience here combined with the $79 weekend rate made for a very acceptable stay, and I will stay here again when in the area (if I can get the good rate).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Ontario. I see you were able to take advantage of our Sheraton Club, I am glad you enjoyed our lounge and the food provided. Our breakfast hours run from 6:30am- 9:30am, Mon-Sun; I will look into possibly extending these hours for our weekend guests. We do hope to see you again whenever you are in the area.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I chose the Sheraton because it is well known nationally and internationally. Unfortunately, they overbook and have poor maintenance including torn furniture, bathroom ventilation which does not work, etc... Suddenly, the regular manager was off duty and his assistant tells ridiculous stories regarding the malfunctions. I had two miserable days in this setting and as a result, I could not sleep, and missed my flight. On the third day, after my numerous complaints, I was relocated to a much better room. I am not impressed with sweet talking female staff. Please keep in mind good service is the key... and they are not providing this service to everyone. I will be writing to the corporate headquarters to provide more details of this incident.

Room Tip: Inspect your room thoroughly and make sure you are not displaced due to their overbooking policies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would first like to offer my sincerest apologies for your recent stay with us. I would like the opportunity to personally speak with you regarding your experience. Unfortunately, I have no contact information to reach out to your directly, but if you would be able to get in contact with me, I would love to rectify the issues you encountered.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

An airport hotel, this Sheraton is located next to a couple of empty fields, parking lots & fast food restaurants. The area is "ok". The room was comfortable but if you're a woman traveling alone, stay somewhere else. There is a strong security presence (the security guard "unobtrusively" got on the elevator with my daughters & I when we returned around 9:30 p.m. and two men got into the elevator with us.) I greatly appreciated their awareness, but there was a sense of uneasiness when walking in the parking lot at night. It's difficult to describe but the best way I can put it is this Sheraton tries to be an "oasis" in the middle of an "ok" part of town - but there is a limit to what they can do!

Also, requested a room away from the elevators & ice machine - and got one directly behind the elevators. They did accommodate a room change, but their desk clerk's comment was, "Oh, that room is next to the elevator?" Really? Of course they knew it was next to the elevator! That said, the staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Upper floor; away from elevators!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly do appreciate feedback from our guests and hope to improve in areas we are lacking and maintain areas we are excelling. For the safety of our guests we do have security on property, and hope to eliminate the uneasiness you felt upon arrival. I do apologize for our front desk staff not meeting your request before arrival and I can assure you I will be following up with our front office manager. We do hope you give us another opportunity to offer a better experience for you.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were there for one quick night, but I would have loved to stay longer. Near the freeway, but tucked back a little. Staff was very accommodating. They looked up my Sheraton number quickly when I could not find my card, upgraded us to a VERY comfortable corner room, and provided two excellent recommendations for dinner. Beautifully updated room, quiet and sparkling clean. Starbucks coffee with good coffee maker in the room (appreciated that it was NOT a Keurig). And WOW!!---they actually provided TWO luggage stands and extra pillows without being asked!! KUDOS for "getting it!!"
Did not eat breakfast there nor use the spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner upgrade if available. Nice and roomy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vic4tennis2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am excited to share your review with all of our staff from the front desk to housekeeping. I am happy to hear our staff here anticipated your needs and was able to meet them without you needing to ask. We aim to provide more than a good night’s sleep, but a memorable experience as well. We wish you could have stayed longer as well, but know whenever you are in the area you are more than welcome to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have been to many hotels for parties and I always had to break my neck to get some service. On May 18th at my uncle's suprise paty, I did not even have to lift a finger or get out of my seat to get service. He approached my table and quickly served drinks and food. I did not even have to ask for a refill, he was already back with a brand new cup of sprite. He is very fast and efficient. I hope someone in management reads it because he deserves an honor for his great service.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is rare we receive reviews from guests who have not stayed with us, but we are always anxious to hear how we are doing from the banquets end of things. I am more than excited to share your review with Aldo, he is a valuable asset to our property. He constantly being recognized for his hard work, in fact he won employee of the quarter most recently. We understand our staff plays a huge role in all of our guests’ experience and I am happy to hear we are doing a good job. We look forward to seeing you again, whether it be a banquet event our possibly spending the night with us.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed one night so I could catch an early morning flight. My hotel room was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool. Relatively quiet. Entry way to room a bit worn. Closet small. Furniture in need of update. But room was fairly large with good blackout curtains. Comfortable bed. Large desk with good lighting for work. Internet fairly fast. Bathroom with marble floors and big countertop, magnifying mirror and well lit large mirror. Lobby modern and clean. Did not eat in restaurant. Buffet breakfast advertised for $9.95. But small glass of milk to take to room was $3.25! Reception staff friendly and more importantly, efficient. One major complaint: the hotel advertises itself as a no smoking hotel. But the walkway from the drive-up circle to the front lobby and reception has a good-size area for smoking. As a result, there were multiple people sitting there smoking and you walk through it to get to the lobby. It is a VERY strange place for the hotel to put the smoking area. I am sure they could find a better place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank penguin3
Alfonso T, General Manager at Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We truly do enjoy reading our guests feedback and I am thankful you took the time to share your experience with us. Your review is very helpful in suggesting areas of improvement and our great qualities as well. We have begun to remodel our hotel and are excited to begin our next phase, which consists of new furniture in the rooms. I will be sharing your review with our Food and Beverage Manager and our maintenance department as well. Due to your review we will begin to explore possible alternatives for our smoking area. Once, again thank you very much for sharing your review and we hope to see you again whenever you are in the local area.