“Great business hotel - with a nice pool for time out”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great business hotel - with a nice pool for time out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2006

I stay at the Double Tree at least twice a year for business. The hotel offers all the usual Double Tree facilities plus it has an excellent pool area.
Misty's lounge is the self proclaimed hottest place in Ontario, and although I haven't found anything else - there is always a live band which can make the atmosphere. A good people watch.

A good restaurant is within the hotel and the Italian over the road is very good but can be pricey.

Pay the extra for concierge lounge access for free internet access, nibbles and non-alcoholic drinks. Beer and wine avaiable at a resonable price.

• Liked — The pool & Misty's
  • Disliked — The rooms overlooking the car park
  • Tips/Secrets — Lots of shopping at Victoria Gardens, Ontario Mills and Montclair Plaza
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank gonebacksouth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2006

The room was very big and clean. There are three buildings with rooms and are connected by skybridges so you don't have to walk outside. We were in the new building. It was very nice. One night we even walked for 20 minutes around the whole property and noticed that the older buildings were nice inside also. The price of $45 from priceline was a great value at this nice property.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank CMH-JFK
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2005

my daughter and two small children under the age of 3 were stranded in ontario and stayed at your motel this past weekend. I have stayed at the Hilton in Ontario and found their customer service excellent but the doubletree was different. Because we had small children we were in the need of a laundry room which there was not one available at the motel. So we asked the front desk if the shuttle van could accommadate us and take us down the road to the laundry mate and pick us up when we were done. We were promptly given an "NO" answer with no explanation. We try to stay in motels that will accommodate our needs if needed. Needless to say we were quite shocked that the gentleman gave a quick answer and turned and walked away leaving us staning there.

During our stay one of the little ones climbed under the bed and found a bottle that someone had urinated in and a bag under the other bed that was full of dead flowers. How long these were under the bed i don t know but we were sick that this child picked them up.

But our biggest concern was not being accommodated about the laundry facailty and just walking away and not helping us.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orange County, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2005

The staff was very friendly and accomodating; offered to print out my boarding pass for my next day flight; the room was nice, the bed comfortable and the food delivered by room service was good. The only problem was an overpowering odor of cleaning product; I had to open the patio door and turn on the air while I went to the fitness room and executive lounge and left the patio door open all night, the next morning my nostrils burned from the smell. There was an odor from the bathroom, perhaps that was the reason the room was so heavily sprayed with cleaning product. I mentioned the problem at check out and they comped my breakfast but I would have rather had a clean odor free room.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank Kathysl02
Sacramento, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2005

The reason why I chose this hotel were 1)I was arriving Ontario at 9:30pm and I didn't want to drive far, 2) need to stay at the government rate and 3) wanted to stay at HHonors hotel.

Well, what you pay is what you get is true. I just needed a place to sleep so I wasn't expecting too much from the hotel. However, Doubletree in Dana Point was such a lovely and very friendly place and treated HHonors members well.

This Doubletree was older (must be another hotel before) and even I asked for a HHonor member room, I didn't get it. The room is very spacey but the carpet seems to be old and the door was really old (didn't shut right at first).

I'd rather stay at Hampton Inn for the same price of money.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank lite2shine
Bakersfield, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2005

We stayed at the Doubletree for a soccer tournament in San Bernardino. We stayed in Ontario due to awful experiences we had in San Bernardino (see Radisson/San Bernardino) bad area. Colton/ once again bad area. The lobby was nicely done and cookies were givne to you upon check -in. The kids especially liked the cookies. The area was nice and our room was in a in separte building. For once we stayed in a hotel room where did not hear any noise from the hallway. It seemed like we were in the only persons on the floor. We never saw any in the elevator with us. Over all the room was nice and clean. The rooms were cleaned early. We left for a game and the room was done by 10:30 a.m. which was nice. Overall if you need stay somewhere in the Ontario, San Bernardino stay here.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank gameday95
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2004

I know this is an older hotel, however, I think it's been recently remodeled. The first best thing about this hotel are the free cookies they give you when you check into the hotel. The other best thing about this hotel are the linens on the extra-comfy beds. There is a down comforter on each overstuft bed and multiple pillows. This made for a very good night's sleep.

I could hear a train several times in the dark of night but it sounded far away. It was unfamiliar noise to me so it managed to wake me for a moment.

This is near a convention center or contains a convention center but we weren't involved in any sort of convention activity. I noticed the briefcase toting guests arriving Monday morning.

The outdoor pool is nice. The restaurant is good but the service is slow. Not the best place if you're on a time schedule.

The Ontario Mills Mall is located two offramps away if you're planning on getting any shopping done. I believe the hotel even offers a shuttle to this mall. I found the best prices at doubletree.com where webrates are offered & lowest prices are guarenteed. Besides webrates, Dream deals and other options, including meals, are offered. Also, Hilton Honors points are available.

10 Thank LongBeachSusan