“Weekend Getaway”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A truly relaxed atmosphere. It is an island of its own. Beautiful plants, The courtyard is gorgeous, friendly environment. Music while you enjoy the pool. The staff is the greatest. Very professional and friendly. The welcome cookies are warm. I ate it before getting to my room. It was so good I went back for seconds. My needs were addressed to instantly. Family friendly. Porter House Staff are the greatest, Peter and Analyn. If you are taking out your significant other for the evening DoubleTree Ontario is the perfect location. Housekeeping Staff was the greatest I have ever met. They responded in less than five minutes. Perfect spot for any occasions. I would go there every weekend if I had the time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hello Samuel E,

Thank you for the rave review.

We strive to provide a resort like feel, but I like the idea of an Island Oasis better.

An important part of the DoubleTree Culture is understanding that it's the little things that make a big difference.

Our exceptional customer service and of course the chocolate chip and walnut cookie is what we would like for the guest to remember so that they will continue to stay with us.

We look forward to your return and if it's every weekend that's even better.

Yolanda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff at this property will make you feel welcomed from check in to check out. They totally understand client service. I would stay at this property again if I am in the area. I would also highly recommend this hotel for business travelers. It is a great retreat at the end of a long work day. The property has a few resturants on location so there is no need to leave once you return to the property at the end of your day. I did not have a chance to dine at the Steak House, but will do so upon my next return. The menu sounded great and not a bad wine list. The hotel offers a happy hour too which is great way to unwind. The staff is very gracious which means a lot when you are on the road. My only suggestion is that they include the popcorn with truffle oil to the menu in the Vineyards too. I beleive it was only on the menu in the night club. The night club seemed nice enough, but not a place I would choose to visit while on the road. If you are in the area you should give this hotel a try!

Hello TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your review.

Our "Overall" goal at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario is to make the traveler feel human again.

We understand that being on the road all of the time can take a lot out of you, so we want every guest to feel as if our hotel is their home away from home.

I will speak with our Director of Food & Beverage, Johan Smit in regards to seeing if it's possible to add the popcorn with the truffle oil to the Vineyard's menu.

As you mentioned, the next time you stay with us make sure you dine in Porter's Prime Steakhouse. It will be a dining experience to remember.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am so grateful to the staff at this hotel for making us feel so welcome after the Doubletree in Claremont dropped the ball and failed to honor my "actual reservation"
They gave us an upgrade into a beautiful room overlooking the pool and instantly offered us the famous cookies since we missed our dinner plans due to the Claremont hotel's lack of customer service.
While it's not the newest hotel in the world, it was comfortable, clean and friendly.
Thanks to everyone at Doubletree Ontario for taking care of us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Hello ahgeez,

Thank you for your review.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Although your initial reservation was for the DoubleTree in Claremont, it's their loss and our gain.

Should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area, I would hope that the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario will be your first and only choice as to where you will stay.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel was nice being right next door to the Ontario Conference Center. The rooms were comfortable, clean and nicely furnished. I felt the main restaurant was a bit pricey but there are other choices in the neighborhood. They offered a shuttle to the airport which was convenient and a cost savings as I didn't need to rent a car for the short period I was in the area.

Overall a good place to stay if you are attending something at the Conference Center. Location is close to the airport. Would stay at this location again if attending something at the conference center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello gm_traveler_13,

Thank you for your review.

Yes, we are in close proximity to the Ontario Convention Center but I would hope that you will come and stay with us again because of the exceptional customer service you received while you were our guest.

Don't wait until your next conference before you come and stay with us again. As a matter of fact, you should start planning your next trip to Ontario, California.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Rooms need to be remodeled. They are dingy with dirty ceiling tiles and have a musty smell. Not dirty per se, just old and need to be refurbished. Common areas (exercise, lobby, pool) are pretty good.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a well maintained hotel. Not cramped at all. I found the out door areas attractive and plesant to be in. Considering the location (ONT Airport), it is quiet and peaceful. Nice places to sit out doors. Good size rooms.

Hello weatherman 123,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Although Ontario, California may not be a destination location, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario is definitely the place to be.

The experience that we like to consistently provide is a resort feeling without the additional resort fees.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Ontario airport Double Tree Hotel each time I have visited my mother. I get her a room also and make it a mini vacation. My mother and I have enjoyed each and every stay. The food is excellent the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Vida S,

Thank you for your review.

We look forward to you and your mother having many more mini vacations at our hotel.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario has everything that you need so you'll never have to think about staying anywhere else.