“A space to unwind”

Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Grapevine
“A space to unwind”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great location by airport and convention center. Great spaces in and out to have meeting or just enjoy a cup of coffee. Live music in Misty's after dark. Rooms very comfortable. Three bars on site. Porters steak house has prime steaks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello JCSfoodguy,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Yolanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
SanLuisObispo,CA
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very conveniently located with easy access to the freeway and the airport. The staff is very gracious and willing to help with any request. The rooms are spacious and have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello cargod,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I'm glad you had a good night's sleep or as we say, "Sweet Dreams".

We're looking forward to welcoming you back.

los angeles, ca
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree last week. Being a Hilton member I was upgraded to a nice suite. I found the lobby and lounge areas spacious and well decorated. However, I found the hallway carpets in much need of a deep cleaning or replacing. When I entered my room my bed was nice and some amenities upgraded (TV and bathroom). Yet, the doors were the old wooden type. I was again not pleased with the amount of soil on the carpets. I actually had 3 moderately sized stains (gum or ??) on the carpet near the balcony. I dropped a pen and when retrieving it under the bed (by the headboard) I observed a considerable amount of dust/dirt.

This is a good hotel. It could be a GREAT hotel it if weren't for its need for a deep cleaning of the carpet or replacement and attention to details in periodic cleaning under the beds/headboard.

Hello kay546,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary suite upgrade as a loyal Hilton Honors member.

Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to your guestroom carpet being stained. We have an excellent Housekeeping team and we just received a 100% rating in our overall hotel cleanliness from our Quality Assurance inspector last week.

I hope that you will consider your experience as an isolated incident and please know that the carpet stain issue has since been corrected.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we are definitely on the road to becoming "Great".

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Wow..... I was not expecting this. A fun energetic staff, busy and well entertained hotel and great food. I recommend the last wednesdays of the month.... They take care of Honor Members !!! Misty's bar in the hotel is very interesting.... brings back the old days of hotel bars ....

Room Tip: Diamond member get great room upgraded... rooms are clean
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello tom s,

Thank you for your valuable feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

We look forward to your return the last Wednesday of every month this year for the Hilton Honors reception. Please tell all of your friends, family and colleagues about the "Jewel" (DoubleTree by Hilton) you found in Ontario. Also known as the "Hidden Paradise".

Memphis
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at this Hilton hotel while on a business trip in Ontario. Plenty of parking given that they seem to hold a lot functions in the banquet area.

The lobby of the hotel was nicely decorated and furnished, with plenty of places to sit and complimentary water to drink while you wait. The lobby was also fitted with a Starbucks. They also had a board highlighting the Arrivals and Departures from Ontario's airport for those watching flights. Front desk was efficient and very polite. The lady who checked me in took her time to explain to me all of amenities, along with the different features that came along with my room rate. In addition, she also highlighted the quickest way to get to my room. The hotel itself is made up of several buildings connected together through walkways and a courtyard sat in the middle of the buildings.

I was given a room with a king bed. The room was a nice size with an appropriate sized bathroom. The bed was very comfortable as was the other furniture (The chair with the ottoman was very plush). The room also had a desk with a chair and ample amount of lighting throughout. My only complaint is for the thermostats to be updated. The bathroom was clean and the shower had lots of hot water and good pressure. I was very pleased with the room.

I didn't eat at the hotel, however they had lot of options and it looks like they were always busy. The business center boasted three computers and free printing.

Overall great stay. However, beware I heard planes and trains at all times of the night. Though, I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello Court18,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay with us.

I realize how disturbing it must have been to be bothered by the sound of an airplane or train.I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have found that some guests have more of a sensitivity to this type of disturbance. Had it been convenient, we would have gladly assisted you with changing to another room.

Our family of hotels includes highly-regarded and well-known brands that all adhere to the highest standards of quality.

The Hilton Family of Hotels adheres to founder Conrad Hilton's philosophy that "it has been and continues to be our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality".

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area.

Simi Valley, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed there Saturday evening, January 26, and really enjoyed the place. The decor was very nice, the courtyard was lovely and surprisingly enough we didn't notice the noise from the airport or the trains at all! From the moment we walked into the lobby to the time we checked out, everyone was friendly and helpful, the front desk staff, the bartenders, and the waitresses at both restaurants. Very nice experience. We will be back!

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello Dawn A,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

It's nice to know you and your husband had an enjoyable stay. We strive for every guest experience to be a memorable one.

Please keep us in mind when it's time for a birthday, anniversary, shower, etc. whether it's for you and your husband or family and friends.

Ventura, California
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I decided to use the Double Tree "Your parting thoughts" commentary card provided in the room. Per the card provided:
"We want your stay to be a great one. We care about the details, because we know that they make a difference. Please let us know how we're doing, and how we can do better. We promise to use your input to make your next visit the best yet.
1. Did you receive a warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in? No
2. Were we friendly and helpful? Not at check-in, the man at the front desk was rude, unattentive, and only provided one key for party of four. Had to ask for additional room keys.
3. Were we attentive to your needs? No, had to ask where the room was. Was not advised of elevator locations, etc...
4. Did we fulfill your requests quickly and cheerfully? Housekeeping only did so.
5. Were we considerate and appreciative during your stay? Housekeeping-yes, front desk- no.
6. Did we make you feel welcome and comfortable? No

Tip for the front desk: You should always ask if a customer needs help with any luggage.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dez13
Hello Dez13,

Thank you for your review.

I would also like to thank you for completing our in house comment card as well.

Your feedback definitely isn't what I expected hear and had I been made aware of your less than "10" experience with our hotel and staff I would have made every effort to resolve any and/or all issues to your satisfaction.

If you believe in second chances, I would like for you to give us one.