DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with a group of friends. We were attending a 2-day music festival which was 15 minutes down the road.

The lobby was beautiful. The front desk staff were always attentive to our needs and kept to the the standards that are expected at a Hilton property. (Yay for cookies when checking in!) The rooms were spacious, adequate and came with everything that you needed. This hotel met all my expectation for a 3 star property. If I could offer any criticism at all, I would suggest the removal of the wooden doors that are found on the door of your rooms. They made us feel like we were visiting grandma's house. Other than that, everything was great. We will definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello Gordon L,

Thank you for your valuable feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us.

I'm glad your stay was everything you expected and more. I must admit, I found the comment about the guest room doors "Grandma's house" to be comical.

Just the other day I was having a similar conversation with my General Manager, Bassam Shahin. If the guest rooms doors were lighter versus the dark wood, then this would assist in the guest rooms appearing less dated.

As you stated, once inside of the guest room you will see how nice and spacious they are. The guest room doors are definitely a project for our future scheduled renovations.

Until then, we will continue to "Wow" our guests with exceptional customer service which in turn will hopefully keep you and everyone else coming back.

Warm Regards,

Yolanda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Location was great for attending a conference at Ontario Convention Center. The hotel has been remodeled in some areas and that is nice but there are several building. Each building had single manual door and when you two pieces of luggage it is hard to open doors. The hotel seemed to be short handed on bar tenders and wait staff. The bar couldn't accommodate the traffic for cocktails. Having a Starbucks on the property was nice. Dinner at the steak restaurant was ok but somewhat over priced. Again the location and rate was acceoptable or attending a conference. I wouldn't stay there if there was no conference.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello Elena C,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Yes, our hotel is spread out and that's one of the many things that makes our hotel unique while providing a resort feel.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your conference and the proximity from our hotel to the Ontario Convention Center. Maybe you'll change your mind and stay with us again, even if it's not for a conference should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Everything you need is right there, from fine dining to a lobby bar with fireplace. Rooms are large and pool area is great. If you are into night clubs they have one with live music 365 days a year. A favorite with the locals. I like coming in from a work day and not having to leave the hotel for anything. The staff always greets you by name if you come back. Great business center with numerous PC's and printers available. You don't have to drag a laptop on an airplane there is a pc there.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building close to everything.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank budov1

Hello budov1,

Thank you for your review.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say "Thank you" for remaining a loyal guest, not only to Hilton Worldwide but also to the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Been here two weeks. If I could have swapped motels I would have. I have complained to staff about smell several times. Their answer: here is a coupon for breakfast. After second complaint they offered to move us. I wisely decided to check out the new room before packing. It was worse smelling than the first one. Get back to room this evening and have to park in the back forty for some reason the parking lot is full. Staff has been oblivious to anything other than their cell phones. Prices at Porters and Mistys are beyond stupid for what you get. I am going to have this establishment blacklisted for our company ASAP.

Room Tip: Try another motel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike L
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hello Mike L,

Please accept my deepest apologies for your less than "10" experience at our hotel. All of our team members are empowered to resolve any and every guest issue to the guest's satisfaction. In the event they are unable to achieve this goal, a manager should be notified immediately. Based on your review, it appears that we failed to achieve our own high standard. I offer this information as an explanation and not as an excuse.

Your experience definitely does not reflect the level of service that we are known for providing and I would hope that you would allow us another opportunity to provide you with the level of service we are known for. I will share your feedback with the managers of the appropriate departments including my own, to prevent any future issues such as the ones you mentioned.

Mike L, I also understand that with you being a loyal Hilton Honors Gold member that you travel more than you're at home. If you would be kind enough to reconsider staying with us again, I would like for you to come back to our hotel as our guest where we will take care of your room and tax for a complimentary two night's stay.

Should you decide to accept this offer, please contact me directly so that I may make special arrangements for your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our second stay this year. We stayed for 3 nights in April and 4 in August while taking our son to college. On both stays we had spacious rooms overlooking the pool. The pool area is very nice and the hotel has a resort feel notwithstanding proximity to the airport. Also LOVE that there are two queen beds and two sinks. Our room was very quiet; we did not hear noise from other rooms. Breakfast is good and the staff is very friendly. This hotel is very reasonably priced, in an excellent location and is a very good value for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TG2000
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hello TG2000,

Thank you for posting a review in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am in agreement with you that our courtyard is beautiful and has the resort feel. It's very calming.

We appreciate your continued patronage and now that your son is attending college in California I would hope that all of your future stays will be with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you want a traditional hotel with restaurants and dated rooms close to Ontario Airport, then this fits the bill. However, there are better Hilton properties in the area with the new Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites with better, newer and larger rooms and with a great breakfast that is inclusive and at lower rates. I did the Doubletree on a late booking with the others full up, found it to be clean and acceptable, but a notch down from the others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Hello K2Again,

Thank you for your review.

You are correct, the Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites are newer but that doesn't necessarily mean better.

Although our hotel isn't new, our excellent customer service, friendly team members, culinary team and hotel cleanliness is what keeps our guests coming back. I am also proud to announce that our hotel was just selected as the "Care Cup" winner out of 300 plus other DoubleTree by Hilton properties.

This is a major accomplishment and I'm sure you would agree. If your travels bring you back to the Ontario area in the month of October, please stop by and you will see what I'm talking about.

Again, thank you and if you change your mind about staying with us in the near future we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed for three night at the Downtree Ontario during August. The stay was for business. Prior to leaving I read the comments in Trip Advisor and was a little concerned at what I would find. The hotel was selected for me by the business I was visiting.

The comments about the decor in the rooms being dated is true, however I certainly did not find it to be dirty. I thought it was well presented. The outdoor pool and central garden is well kept. The service was a good average without being unhelpful or overly attentive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Hello OZDavid13,

Thank you for your review.

I am in agreement with you that our guest rooms are in need of some updating as it pertains to appearance. The beds, mattresses, televisions, etc. are all new, however, I think maybe a little more color is what's missing which in turn gives some of our guests the perception of the guest rooms being dated.

We have an excellent Housekeeping team and we pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our guest rooms and hotel overall.

Thank you again for your input. We look forward to you staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the Ontario area.