“Solid Hotel...clean and loaded with the nice hotel features”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Falls Church, Virginia
“Solid Hotel...clean and loaded with the nice hotel features”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was a nice comfortable hotel that I stayed at during my trip out to California. The room itself was spacious with a nice little balcony. No minifridge or microwave. The fitness room was more than adequate….it had the typical cardio machines, dumbbells, and medicine balls to work out my ever increasing gut. Wifi was free. Even though it was right next to the airport I wasn’t constantly hearing planes landing every 10 minutes. It also had a nice swiming pool outside...I'm not a big pool person but I wouldn't have minded taking a dip in the one they had.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review.

Your experience is one that we continually strive to provide to each and every one of our guests. I hope that you will continue to share your experience with your family, friends and colleagues.

Let them know that we are a hidden treasure in the Inland Empire and that they need to experience it for themselves.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Ok I'm just giving you my brief gut reaction to my one night here. I would not stay again, not because it's not a nice hotel, because it is a Hilton and the standard Hilton is very good, as is this hotel.

What I felt when I walked in was that this is a large conference complex, with very business like attitude, and they seemed more concerned about handing out free cookies than actually greeting you in a very friendly welcoming way. "Hello, here's a cookie" is no a substitute for "Good evening Mr XX, how are you tonight?"

Then my room, well it was up to the third floor, walk all the way along the hall (no short walk) to building 2 then down one floor and down another hall. It was like walking a ghost town of hallways. Most hotels break up these types of layouts with nice decoration, paintings in hallways, sitting areas along the way where people can meet and talk. Not this design, this is just long undecorated functional hallways. It felt unwelcoming and certainly it's a long walk back to reception.

So although the rooms are nice and there are restaurants within the complex, I much prefer smaller more friendly hotels situated near more shops and other attractions.

Room Tip: Consider how far you are willing to be from the restaurants and breakfast. You may want to be in a r...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies in regard to you not being welcomed to our hotel.

I would hope that you will consider your experience as an isolated incident due to us being known for our exceptionally professional, yet friendly customer service.

Our hotel is unique as it pertains to our layout and I can certainly understand your wanting to be in closer proximity to the restaurant and other outlets located in the hotel.

Should you decide to reconsider, please know that we would love to have you as a return guest so that you can experience the level of service that we are proudly known for.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This hotel is in a great location for getting to and from the Ontario Airport. The front desk is quick to offer shuttle service to and from the airport. The front desk personnel were excellent on my stay.

The good -
Location
Parking
Front desk
Nice lobby
Large rooms
Clean
Price was competitive for this area
Good selection of TV channels

The negatives -
The hotel is a little "tired." It could use updating
Only lukewarm water in the morning for the shower
Air conditioning was weak

All in all, not bad.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ultimatetravelking
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regard to your recent stay with us.

Our hotel is currently undergoing a rebranding process. Meaning, that we will no longer be the Doubletree Ontario. Instead, our name will change to the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport which will include updating our guest rooms and amenities.

The rebranding process will not affect our hotel guests or their stay with us. One of our many goals is for our hotel to be the first choice of the traveler whether traveling on business or leisure.

Please accept my deepest apologies in regard to your water temperature and A/C issue.Had we known that you encountered problems with the shower water temperature or your A/C not working properly we would have promptly resolved the issue(s) to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring you with a problem free stay.

Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed October 3, 2011

this was a quick overnight, and everything worked great at this hotel, including plenty of parking by the rooms. i stayed on the top floor and enjoyed a quiet restful friday evening and saturday morning.

the room itself was appointed nicely with a very comfy desk and reading chair. only bummer is that they charge extra for internet.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review.

Should you and your family travel back to the Ontario, California area we hope that you will choose our hotel again.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport is corporate owned and managed which requires charging for high-speed internet in the guest rooms.

I understand that having complimentary internet in your guest room would be more convenient. However, we do provide complimentary wi-fi in our hotel lobby and we have a complimentary business center for our registered hotel guests which is available 24/7 with their room key.

I apologize if this information wasn't communicated to you upon your arrival.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Iesha, Edwin and Viviane the front desk staff at the Doubletree Hotel Ontario Airport
was very polite and helpful during my 3 day stay this week. I could not have asked for more from all three of them. What a breath of fresh air when it comes to customer satisfaction. Keep up the good work. Will be back!!!
Mark

2 Thank Mark R
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Thank you for your review.

The team members that you mentioned are definitely an asset to our organization and we are fortunate to have them.

It's all of our goal's at the DoubleTree by Hilton Ontario Airport to provide each and every guest with a memorable stay from the time they check-in until the time they check-out. I am glad that your stay with us reflected that.

We look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with exceptional customer service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The Doubletree is a fairly large and busy airport hotel. The layout is initially confusing, and the property is sprawling, causing long walks until you figure out shortcuts. It was a bit noisy at night, with a sometimes-busy central pool, an amazingly loud and well-patronized disco with live music, and a bit of airplane traffic. Checkin was easy and pleasant, the room had what was needed (especially an extra blanket...set at the highest, 80 degrees it was really cold) and there was a balcony with a slider. I received coupons for a free continental breakfast every day but never used them. The restaurant, Porters, was not very good, and in fact, I had some stomach troubles after eating there.

It is a bit tired and could use some freshening up. I am a Hilton Diamond member but was not upgraded (three night stay so it would have been greatly appreciated) and found it to be merely average in just about every way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for providing feedback concerning your stay with us.

The comfort of our guests is our highest priority and had we been made aware of any inconveniences that you were experiencing we would have immediately taken care of them.

We value all of our guests and Hilton Honors members are our most loyal guests throughout the family of brands hotels. Thank you for your continued patronage.

When reservations are booked through a third party (opaque bookings) we are unable to extend any Hilton Honors benefits and/or credits.

I sincerely hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again and provide us with the opportunity of becoming your home away from home hotel.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Didn't get checked into this hotel until nearly midnight. The front desk was very polite and upgraded my reservation since I am a Hilton Diamond member. This is an older hotel, not the typical layout for a Doubletree. The guest rooms & halls could use some updating but the room was fantastic. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and it was very spacious. The next morning I walked through the courtyard to go to breakfast. This area was lovely and appeared to accomodate weddings quite well. I enjoyed my stay and wish I would have had more time to relax there. I used their free shuttle service to the airport the next morning, which was timely and convenient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
YolandaMcKinney, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to complete a review in regard to your recent stay with us.

I know that as a Hilton Honors Diamond member that you travel more than you're able to spend time at your own home. We would like to say "Thank you" for your continued loyalty and for making us your "Home Away From Home" when you travel.

We appreciate you and we look forward to welcoming you back.