“Its old and tired but staff is good!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Ontario Airport

Radisson Ontario Airport
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Bangkok, Thailand
“Its old and tired but staff is good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

If there is really something good to tell about this Hotel, than it is indeed the very helpful and kind staff! Even so the whole Hotel is not my cup of tea, the staff makes me on various occasion feel very comfortable during my stay. The Hotel is dated and room décor looks tired, but everything worked well. Beds where comfy and everything was clean. Shuttle to/ from the airport runs every 30 min and went smooth at all. There is a guest laundry on 1st floor, which I found very useful. Mayor hints are the parking fee of 11,95USD per night and the Internet access in room for 9,95USD- not on par for a Hotel of such a class and in such a location. But there is free WIFI in the Lobby area, which works very good. Besides the very nice staff I would rather stay at the Double Tree Hotel Ontario.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Kapowsin, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Marriott Airport in Ontario for two nights in mid November. Check-in was very fast and painless and the front desk staff seemed helpful and friendly.

I'm not sure how this hotel was rated at what it was (3 1/2 star?). The furniture was a bit worn and outdated. The carpets in our room should've been replaced. The bathroom floor appeared to be dirty especially in front of the toilet (I saw what looked like urine spots on the floor). There was a little bit of mold on the caulking in the bathtub, but at least the shower curtain appeared to be clean. The tub's upright back end would be uncomfortable to lay against anyway.

We were provided with an abundance of pillows of various thickness/hardness, so I appreciated that. I'm thankful to say that the bed was comfortable.

We were in the room that was at the back of the hotel that faces the airport and train tracks. The airplanes and trains were extremely noisy even late in the evening (past 10pm). I wish there would've been a fan available to drown out the noise. I wore ear plugs and could still hear the noise! If I was ever to stay here again, I would ask for a room that faces the street instead.

Speaking of "fan"... We had a horrible time getting the A/C to work. Had we been on the 1st floor, our room might not have been as warm and stuffy. Since we were on the 2nd floor, the air was very stagnant. It seemed that the thermostat is automatically set to 72 degrees (which felt a whole lot warmer than that). The A/C wasn't working until we shut off the whole unit and turned it back on again. There was an "auto" mode that we were trying to over-ride with by using the "manual" mode. Unfortunately, it was close to 4 a.m. before we figured out that the A/C could actually be turned on. We slept fairly well until the train and airplane traffic noise increased by about 7 a.m. I'm not sure why the trains had to blare their horns at all hours of the night. Also, our next door tenant woke us up fairly early when they turned on their TV. The walls must be incredibly thin or there isn't any insulation whatsoever. You'd think it was the TV in OUR room!

I was pleased to have access to the free, high speed internet in the lobby. It is free to use for those who have a laptop. The hotel offers a computer to print out boarding passes for free, but I understand they charge for any other internet access when using their computer.

There is a fairly nice gym/fitness room that has a variety of cardio machines. A couple of machines were out of service, but there was an abundance of treadmills (some needed to be leveled as I felt like I was running on a sloped road), ellipticals, and bicycles. There was also a good assortment of free weights and a few weight machines for those who use don't like free weights. There was also a nice cable machine with various attachments. However, I did miss not having a bosu or stability ball. Clean/filtered, refrigerated water and towels are provided as well as a few TVs. As a matter of fact, some of the treadmills and ellipticals had built-in televisions.

The secure/gated parking was about $12 a day, so don't forget to add that in the costs of staying here. We felt our rental car was in a fairly safe area. However, the parking lot wasn't fully fenced in. There was only a tollgate lever that comes down but I figure there’s a lot of surveillance cameras that deter theft of any kind? We didn't have any problems and hadn't heard of anyone else that had there vehicle broken into.

Since we reserved this hotel through Priceline at a fairly reasonable price, I feel we got what we paid for. However, I couldn't imagine paying the going rate at this hotel. If that were the case, I would have been very disappointed. Another positive note (but unfortunately note many positive mentions) is that this hotel is close to the airport and major freeways. If I was ever to stay here again, I would be sure to request a room that faces the road and NOT the airport and train tracks.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Cheshire, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

Stayed here one night to catch an early flight out the next morning.
Took at least 20 minutes to check-in because there were only two people working the desk that evening (around 7pm).
Then we were told the elevators were out (something about a power surge) which I didn't think would be a huge deal except this is a big hotel and it was a long walk to our rooms.
The rooms were strictly average. AC/heating unit was incredibly noisy so I shut it off completely and hoped it didn't get too hot or cold (it didn't).
All night I listened to planes taking off and trains going by. Ugh.
I didn't visit the bar or restaurant or pool or gym so I can't comment.
Shuttles from rental car counter and to the airport were efficient but filled up fast.
The charge you $10 for Internet and I don't know how much for parking.
Luckily our corporate rate included both, though we never got the Internet to work.
Overall this hotel wasn't terrible but not really what I expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Orange County
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

Not sure where the "good" reviewers stayed, it certainly wasn't at he Marriott Ontario Airport! This place was dated, dusty and moldy and might as well have been ON the railroad tracks, the room shook and it was so noisy, it was like an episode of I love Lucy. And if that wasn't enough, the hotel is directly in the take-off pattern for the airport, I didn't get any sleep. The restaurant was just OK, and you have to cross a highway to get to the convention center. You have to pay to park your car and there is nothing to do close by, so you have to jump in your car every time you need something. Ive stayed at cheaper, much nicer hotels in the area, I stay in the Ontario area once or twice a month, Ive stayed at them all, this is one of the worst!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Suckered
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

With the weather hotter than ever, this hotel was the perfect place to be. The room was so nice with plush beds and great amenities. The pool was perfect for cooling off and relaxing. We also went to a wedding there which was really nice and the servers were very organized. Food, awesome.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
New Orleans, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Enjoyed my weekend stay!! Great location--near to airport and freeway . I had an enjoyable weekend getaway and will do it again soon!!! Very clean and comfortable hotel. The staff was overall nice!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
ishto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

The place had very thin wall, as a courtesy I had to warn the couple on the next room over their conversation were not private, then is the A/C it was loud. I woke up to the sound of planes, and the nearby railroad tracks.
Breakfast was half decent, and the staff attentive.
Look and feel the room before you accept it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo