“The absolute worst of the area...”

Radisson Ontario Airport
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The absolute worst of the area...”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at sic different hotels over the years in Ontario, California and this was just awful. When you step out of your car you get this rotten musty smell from the dirty water fpountain that you have to cover your face it is so nasty. There is a big tarp of plastic when you walk in the front door. Just a mess. All night long you will hear trains and planes. Not to mention the old air conditioning system that is the loudest I have ever heard that makes so many noises and produces awful smells. They are so rude they don't care at all. Stay anywhere in the area but here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank linda22930
Carlson Hotels C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service possible and we failed in doing so. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience during your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff, so that we can avoid from the same incident happening again. We hope that you would give us another try during your next visit to the San Diego area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on points for a friday and saturday night and were completely satisfied with our stay. We were in one of the renovated rooms, the bed was comfortable and we had free breakfast. While not the place to spend a week with the kids, if you are looking for a spot for a night or two and this is the area you would like to be in I would recommend it - ask for a renovated room as they are nice. We came back from a family party (why we needed to stay in the area) and asked at 11pm to be moved from a king room to a two bed room and they did so without hesitation. Top marks......

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tsing Y, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive to provide the best guest service possible and we are happy that you were able to enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Ontario area.
Riverside, California
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Not a safe place to stay. Room internal conditions are nice but at what price?
We had a group function at the hotel, items were stolen from a conference room that had been locked. The manager of the hotel was not interested.
Parking was poorly lit and unsafe. Too many bushes.
Catered food was really poor in quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MA1957
Shari H, Manager at Radisson Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We do apologize for your dissatisfaction during your recent visit to our property, and for your inconvenience. Again our apologies.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Depending on where your room is, parking can be a little scary. Very dimly lit (if at all) parking lot in some areas with bushes that someone could easily hide in without being seen. Never saw security patrol. Refrigerator had a loud rattle and the toilet was a bit of a hassle to flush. And be prepared for your room to rattle multiple times per day as a result of the freight trains going by. The fitness center was better than average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cmsnig
Union, Kentucky
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I noticed many rooms were being renovated. Tripadvisor had several
negative reviews which made me nervous but Toyota had the Radisson as an
approved hotel. So I gave it a shot. I had an interior room (1060) facing the courtyard, which I enjoyed. At check in, I requested a ground floor room near the fitness center. Jonathan showed me the hotel layout with the available rooms marked. This allowed me to make my decision as to where I wanted to stay. This was very accommodating and convenient in choosing my own room, similar to choosing what airplane seats are available and lock in seat of choice.

I did have down time over Saturday and Sunday. The pool area for getting some sun was convenient, much better than fighting traffic to the beaches.

Fitness center was large and spacious, some peices were dated but very functional and no issues encountered.

Room Tip: Across from Convention Center and near ONT airport, tho I flew into LAX. I had a Concierge room, I w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve H
Fakapuna
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Check in was slow and I was the only person at the desk with two staff members. My check in clerk wasn't rude but she was far from friendly. The room was average size and adequately clean. The pressure from the shower head was unbelievably great! One of the top 3 showers I have ever taken lol. I didn't want to get out. Since the last time I stayed here they updated their gym and it is one of the nicest gyms I have used. I waited just under 10 minutes at their bar before I was even approached by the bartender. Nachos are pretty good. Oh and the A/C in my room was extremely loud. My check out was quick but maybe because I checked out super early had something to do with it. Btw Radissons website charged $40 more than expedia or priceline so beware! If you can book for $80 or less I don't think you will be disappointed, just don't expect the friendliest customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Fakapuna
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on the a road trip from Seattle to San Antonio, Texas. The hotel was a Priceline name your own price deal and paid around $55 for the hotel room. First off, the hotel does need a bit of an update, however I think I remember hearing that they were in the process of renovating it. The area is safe even though your room looks on to airport property - you can hear the planes taking off, but I like seeing airplanes so I didn't mind. The TV's were newer and the A/C worked great. The hotel is 2 blocks from I-10 which I was really happy about - the hotel has complimentary Wifi and free parking which is another plus. If you are traveling and worried about stuff in your car you should be fine - I had all my stuff from my apartment in my SUV and it was not messed with - but I did try my best to cover it up. There is also an In-n-Out Burger down the street which was a great feature for me! Anyways not a bad night for me at this property.

Room Tip: Highest rooms are quieter and I thought watching the planes from my room was cool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo