“Comfortable place to stay”

Residence Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Benicia, Ca
“Comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed in a king studio suite for 5 nights. Although there wasn't a lot of extra room, it was easy to keep the place neat because there was a "coat closet" by the front door and a larger closet with 2 mirrored sliding doors near the bed. We didn't use the kitchen a lot but it was nice to have it for storing & reheating restaurant "doggie bag" food & for preparing snacks. The bed was comfortable. There was a table on one side of the bed & a night stand on the other side near the hallway to the bathroom. There is limited space to get by the nightstand but it turned out not to be a problem for us - it might be a problem for some people. The showerhead was good & it was nice to have a stool in the vanity/sink area. As mentioned in a previous review, the toilet does flush really loud.

The lighting was ok. The switches for the various ceiling lighs have motion sensors that automatically turn off the lights if no motion is sensed - this wasn't a problem for us at all. There was a flat screen TV with good picture quality. They may be in the process of replacing the old TVs as I saw a couple of old TVs sitting outside near the housekeeping area.

The Residence Inn is actually a lot of small 2-story buildings with outdoor walkways in-between. Our building had 8 units. There are no elevators. There was a gas barbeque outside our unit & I believe there are 2 more at other locations. We didn't use it but it was being used by hotel guests during our stay.

There are two computers in the lobby for guests to use - there were some intermittent problems with their internet access. There were also some intermittent problems with the WiFi service.

The breakfasts were ok - lots of food choices. I like the fact that Residence Inn's have real oatmeal, not the instant kind.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Was nice room. Did not realize it was "condo like" with exterior doors. But with the great weather it was nice. Had an inner room, so no noise.
They have evening gatherings, but I skipped.
Did get a nice goodie bag at my door the first night.
Staff is nice. Breakfast was much better than expected (and free)!
Nice area and best deal in the area as well.
Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get an inner building room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I always love Residence Inns. And my stay at this location only affirmed my love for this chain. These are some of the things I loved about my stay:

Breakfast Buffet. The offerings at some of the locations have been better than others; this location was probably at the top of the list. Scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, breakfast potatoes, waffles, bagels, raisin toast, oatmeal with plenty of fixings, cereals, fruit, yogurt - I didn't get all of those things, but I filled up on what I liked. Seating wasn't bad; there were plenty of tables and chairs when we got there (around 8:45 am).

Location. Very easy access on and off the I-10 freeway. And even though the property sits right off the freeway, there is a sound wall to block most of the general traffic noise. In our room, I didn't hear anything; not even any neighbors.

The room. I decided to splurge this time and opted for the 2 bedroom, which was only about $30 more than a regular room. This room was nicer than my apartment - full kitchen, fire place, then the 2nd bedroom was upstairs as a loft. I almost didn't want to leave my room; I would have been completely content to have just stayed in.

Beds. VERY comfortable!

Shower. Good water pressure, and plenty of hot water

Pool and Jacuzzi. Okay, so we didn't go in either. We wanted to, but we were too tired, and it was too cold outside. It's nice to know they had a jacuzzi; we'll have to hit that the next time.

Now, I would be remiss if I didn't point out some of the things I had an issue with, which were minor:

Toilets. Stand back and brace yourself before you flush the toilets in the rooms; otherwise you'll feel like you're going to be sucked into the scarily-sudden massive vortex of pressure unleashed when you flush the handle. If you have to use the restroom in the middle of the night, also be ready because if you're half asleep, the flush will wake you up.

T.V. There was cable, which is always nice (no MTV or VH-1??). However when we came back to our room after breakfast, the t.v. wouldn't advance beyond the MENU channel. Also, at that point, the t.v. wouldn't do anything or turn off, either with the remote or when I got up to manually turn the t.v. off to try to reset it. I had to move the t.v. to the side so I could unplug it. We called the Front Desk and they were very responsive. However, after about 10 minutes, the issue resolved itself, then I could flip around to the channels again.

See? Very minor complaints. If you're coming into town, I would definitely recommend staying here. Ontario Mills (shopping outlet mall) is about a 10 minute drive and there are several restaurants around the mall. And Victoria Gardens (high end outdoor shopping plaza, also with lots of nice restaurants) is about a good 20 minutes away There's also a major thoroughfare which runs past Victoria Gardens called Foothill Blvd., every kind of restaurants you can think of is along this road.

Even though we live in L.A., we're definitely going to stay here again soon; simply because we liked this hotel that much! We're just waiting for our next "child free" weekend. :-)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Frisco Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I had to stay here for business for 3 weeks. The service is very good, food is good as well. It is located across the street from the convention center and right next to the airport. The only real downside is the mattress was very hard and I could hear every time the person above me was walking around. The other complaint is the hotel computer available for guests is hard be able to use since there is only 1 for the entire hotel, and the internet on it is very, very slow. It also had many periods where it would not work at all. I think there were trying to upgrade it on my last day there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Folsom, CA
Reviewed December 16, 2010

The construction they are doing at this place is a bit of a mess. However, they more than made up for this with their customer service. EVERYONE here was pleasant, courteous and helpful. The free happy hour consisted of tacos and all the fixings, with unlimited beer and wine. In fact, the hostess continually made the rounds to fill our glasses. The hot breakfast was also very good, especially the potatoes. Even though this place is very close to the airport, I did not hear one plane.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Checked-in around 10 pm on a Friday evening only to see the front-door locked, which resulted in the front-desk agent unlocking it for my arrival. The check-in had a slight personal touch w/ a couple room-temperature cookies.

My 1 King request was honored. As there was no elevator, I was right next to the stairs which was okay as there was only one additional room next to mine sharing the same flight of stairs. My room, 623, was facing the freeway which made it really noisy throughout the evening.

The full kitchen was fully-stocked which would come in handy during extended-stays. The work area was right by the door, which was also noisy. The seating area turned into a two-person bed, which can be helpful.

The wall behind the bed was an odd blue color

For a $75/evening stay, the evening was okay. However, due to the proximity of the freeway, I cannot recommend room 623 to a friend!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
new york
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We booked a 2 BR penthouse suite, that was perfect for our families needs. We stayed in building 7 and was extremely happy. There were 2 floors and each bedroom has its own bathroom, tv and storage space for clothing. It's nice having your own kitchen and dining room area, for the times you want a break from eating out all the time. The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils and appliances.. I could have baked a cake if I really wanted to. Each building area had a bbq grill station, so you could bbq on your own. We saw a few families having a great time at it.

The complimentary breakfast was an added bonus, a lot of choices from cereal, waffles to hot food.

Staff was very nice and everyone would say Good morning to you.
A funny thing we are a family of 4 when we checked in, they offered us 2 bottles of complimentary water...it was funny.. you'd think they would've given us 4 bottles.
It didn't really matter.

Great stay with the family, would probably come back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family