“Okay Airport Hilton”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed November 24, 2010

The Positives... The hotel shuttle came right to the airport to pick us up. The check in was efficient and the room was clean and surprisingly large. The bed was quite comfortable. The Executive Lounge was nice and the attendant was very friendly. The breakfast in the lounge was better than most with a few hot dishes to go with the regular continental breakfast. The cinnamon french toast was a nice and surprising treat.

The negatives... The bathroom is VERY tiny. Not enough room for the toilet. I guess one could call it convenient, as you can brush your teeth (turning the water off and on) and sit on the toilet at the same time. Becareful, as you might trip over the toilet as you get out of the shower. Also, we heard water filling up the toilet periodically throughout the night. Obviously a leaky toilet, but enought to wake you up each time. It kind of negates the the advantage of a very comfy bed. My only other complaint was in a room on the executive floor the TV was an old curved tube style. Come in Hilton, this is unacceptable on an executive floor. By now, all of the TVs should be some sort of a flat screen style. Even in the executive lounge the tv is the old tube style.

I realize that this may sound petty, but spending 100+ nights per year in Hiltons, I am shocked when I see such a poor TV.

All in all the hotel is just fine and I would stay here again if I had to stay at Ontario airport. The service is good and of normal Hilton quality. The staff is great and really tries. As long as you are expecting a basic business quality Hilton, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect anything super special.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed a few nights in August. We were bringing our daughter to Pomona at the start of the year. I priceline'd this hotel as hotels in Claremont were expensive for this move in weekend at college. This hotels was near the airport, but not so close that planes were flying over head, and only a 5 minute drive to a mall. The hotel was about a 15 minute drive down the expressway to Claremont too. Staff was very friendly. Other reviews commented on the charge for parking. We were not charged for parking as an extra charge. I will definately use priceline to book a hotel for our next trip to Claremont and hopefully will book the Hilton again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband travels to Ontario on several occassions. I have been to this hotel three times within the past 8 months, and the staff is always friendly and helpful.
I would like to especially recognize the staff at the on-site restaurant "Blu". Ruby, Carlos, Castor, Cecilia and Mario are all wonderful! They go out of their way to greet each customer and make them feel welcome. The food is prepared quickly and is very good, no matter if you're there for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
I do wish the Starbucks in the lobby stayed open until later into the evening. But that is my only complaint about the entire experience at this hotel.
Keep up the great job! And thanks for the welcoming service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

BIG rooms, breakfast buffet was good. Very nice rooms. I wish the free shuttle to Ontario Airport ran on-call instead of every 30 minutes....barley made my flight....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2010

A run-of-the-mill HIlton. OK, but in need of modernizing before long (thus lower rate than its usually-less-expensive nearby hotels in the Hilton family). Friendly staff in Hilton Honors lounge on 10th floor. Only objection was $11.75 charge for parking at a hotel that has all the parking space in the world! Would not object if this hotel's parking space was tight, but it's not. No issue with their request that I hang parking tag from my rear-view mirror, which was probably designed to deter long-term parkers using nearby Ontario Airport.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed two years ago in the Hilton, just for a few days and it was a really nice place to be. It was a bit old around the edges, but the service was very nice and we weren't nickled and dimed for everything. Fast forward to this past week. I booked our stay (3 nights) on another internet service, and booked two rooms. Well thankfully they had us on the same floor, but quite away apart. I explained to the woman that we were a family traveling together and really needed/wanted adjoining rooms, at the very least right next door. No chance. We went back the next morning and was able to get across the hallway from one room, I suppose she took pity on me. At any rate, the fun was reserved for check out when our pre-paid rooms were docked $100 for one (we ordered room service and had that nice parking fee, not a $100 worth) and $50 for the other off of our credit card. I've never had a hotel "hold" that kind of money on my credit card before. No problem. We won't be staying there again. I felt like we were in a two by nothing cubicle. Not very nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2010

First stay at this property, stopping one night during a swing through California. The lobby is very open and spacious, and the restaurant (I think it is called Blu) is a rare excellent option inside a hotel. Staff was wonderful, helping with directions for my stops in the local area - the hotel is close to local businesses and the arena. Best bed of the trip so far...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business