“Great place”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I stayed here one night because I had an early flight to New York out of Ontario. I booked this room on priceline for $45 a night and it was very nice. I had a pleasant stay here and they even allowed me to leave my car there during my weekend trip. As far as restaurants go, drive down Inland Empire and you will find Ontario Mills. There are PLENTY of restaurants in that area!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank LadyKLO

Reviewed March 23, 2007

For the most part (one exception) the people here are friendly. That's a big plus when the property itself is needing attention. We stayed on the Diamond floor ... the room was adequate, but the door locking mechanism was sticky, the security latch was falling off the wall, and the bathroom light switch was crooked -- all attention-to-detail items.

They allowed my mother to check in early in the morning, and put her in a room near ours ... 2 points.

However, there was a large breakfast conference happening on the Saturday morning we were at the property, and they have no provisions in place to reserve parking for the registered guests. Thus, when we went to the airport to pick up my mother, and returned at 8:30 AM, there was no place to park. I was really annoyed by that lack of foresight. Otherwise, parking is ample.

The property, from the exterior is clean, although bland ... but then Ontario is bland, and it is still probably the best choice for the region.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Boeing767
Reviewed February 15, 2007

Stayed in the Hilton Ontario Airport for 2 nights on business. I was in the "tower", which was referred to in an earlier review. The room was large and clean, with a comfortable Hilton bed. In room Wi-Fi worked very well. To repeat earlier comments in reviews, my toilet had several nights of continually running - getting up to "jiggle" the handle in a hotel that cost my company $169/nt is not what I normally expect. There was a gap below my door into the hallway, and the hotel is very loud. Between the slamming of doors (there was no way to close them quietly, even if you tried) to the sounds of airplanes flying over - yes, this is an airport location, but I've stayed in many airport locations that were much quieter in terms of airport noise. The gentleman at the front desk gave me wrong directions to a restaurant - luckily I figured it out on my own after wasting an hour of my time driving in the wrong direction. Bottom line, nice room and bed, but the rest was not worth the high price.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank catfan3333
Reviewed January 29, 2007

I am currently spending one night at the Ontario Hilton for a business meeting. The room is fine--7th floor with a small window and view of the nearby business park. Pool looks ok but a bit too cold to swim today. Room is clean--just what I would expect.

Food for meetings was standard hotel fare--ok chicken, fish--sauces too creamy.

Desserts were, however, better than I expected.

Biggest drawback is the lack of nearby places to eat. I don't have a car but was able to walk to one of a couple of nearby chains--really nothing special!

Overall, satisfied with my experience, but I definitely wouldn't stay hear just for fun or without a car.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BKKandKSK
Reviewed March 31, 2006

Don't let the bad reviews turn you away. The room was big and the beds were comfy. The bathroom was small and in need of remodel but the rest of the room was remodeled. The price of $41 on priceline was the best deal in the Inland Empire. This really does seem like a first class Hilton.

2  Thank CMH-JFK
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I booked 3 rooms thru Priceline for $55 each. When we arrived, I explained to the front desk that my youngest daughter has allergies and that we need a newer room. All three rooms were very nice with comfy beds, quality linens and plenty of room. The bathrooms were clean and the Hilton provided Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. What else could you want for $55?

My parents were asked for a credit card for incidentals but when my stepfather claimed there would be no incidentals, they said "okay".

Housekeeping was fast and very tidy. Would stay here again if I ever frequent this area.

3  Thank slojane
Reviewed March 16, 2006

My partner and I stayed at the Hilton Ontario Airport for one week. I booked the room with Priceline and got a very good price. I encountered many small problems that really added up to a negative stay.

Rooms: The hotel has three sections. There is the tower, that has floors 2-8, with regular rooms. The top 2 floors are their executive floors (not sure what term Hilton uses for them). The third section is on the first and second floor in a separate wing that extends from the lobby towards the interstate 10. The 1st floor rooms in that wing have patio doors that open out onto the area with the pool.

I have now been at this hotel 3 times. I suspect guests who book via priceline or other discount services tend to end up in the wing near the pool. Even though the hotel's web page says it has been newly remodeled, this wing has not been remodeled. It is scheduled to be re-done, but upon check-out they were painting the room doors and the maintenance man told me for now they were "just making the doors look nice." I have been in rooms in this wing twice, and once on the Executive Floor (not sure why they put me there, but it was nice with no major room problems at all).

There were many things wrong with the room, none of which should be the case in a 3 star Hilton. The room was old and dark and dated. One of the light fixtures in the bathroom did not work, the security latch on the flimsy door was broken, the towel rack in the bathroom was falling off the door and another off the wall, the toilet sometimes did not stop running, the TV had visible scratches and chips in the screen, and the data ports in the phones did not work. The drapery rods were frayed and the carpet was stained. There was no coffee maker. Worst of all, the patio door was broken and did not open.

There were no other rooms with a king-size bed available, so switching to another room was not an option (they have only king-size rooms and 2 double-bed rooms, all are non-smoking now).

After 4-5 calls to the front desk during my first 2 days there, maintenance did take care of the reparable issues and the maintenance staff was very friendly about it.

Housekeeping: During the week the housekeeper was fabulous and friendly, and did a very nice job of straightening and making the bed. On the weekend housekeeping was sloppy. A dirty towel was left on the floor inside the door, and a fancy bar of soap I had purchased at a local store was taken by her.

Front Desk: Upon arrival, they found no notation of my request for a king size bed which I had requested by phone when I confirmed the reservation with the hotel. While superficially friendly, I had to repeatedly go to or call the front desk to get the repairs made. The front desk supervisor was somewhat rude and was irritated when dealing with my complaints about the stolen bar of soap. At no point was the staff apologetic about the condition of the room, and I was treated like a 2nd-class guest. When I asked if they would allow me free use of the internet (usually $10.99 for 24 hours) they agreed and gave me 3 days free use, but the internet only worked intermittently, hardly an adequate compensation. They said they have been having problems with their internet service and it is unreliable. They did reiumburse me $5.00 for the bar of soap by crediting my account for 5 $1.00 local phone calls. The fee for local calls is not a new policy, but it is being newly enforced. They were not charging for local calls in December 2005.

Management: I left a voicemail for the hotel's new manager 3 days prior to check-out and asked that he return my call. He did not.

Hilton Guest Assistance: Several days after returning home, I filed a complaint with Hilton Guest Assistance via their 800 number. The agent was very helpful, took down detailed information, and sent the information to this hotel's manager. He was to reply within 3 business days, and if not I was to call Guest Assistance again. I called after 4 days and he had not responded to the complaint or these concerns at all. Hilton is issuing me a "Be My Guest" certificate good for a one-night stay at a Hilton Hotel as compensation. They would have refunded the cost of one night, but because this was a prepaid stay via priceline, they were not able to do that.

The bottom line is that if you end up with a room on the executive floors, chances are it will be a decent 3-star room. I recommend guests be very cautious about the rooms in the un-remodelled wing. This hotel's management also ought to do something about the attitude of front desk staff and how they treat guests. Management also needs to be more responsive to guest concerns and maintaining standards. I do not recommend this hotel until reviews are posted indicating that things have improved.

4  Thank Daniel K