“Good Hotel...Getting Better”

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
USA
“Good Hotel...Getting Better”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I've stayed at the Hilton Ontario 5-6 times during the past 12 months and very pleased with the level of service, quality of rooms, etc that is in line with the nightly rate. I would prefer a much nicer Hilton, however not willing to pay in this economy what the Hilton's closer to L.A want per night so I stay at the Hitlon Ontario. The hotel staff are very helpful, especially in the Diamond Lounge on the 10th floor. The only negative to this hotel is the valet and pay parking which this hotel instituted in past months..This is a rip-off considering that there are PLENTY of spaces available each night. Shuttle service to and from the airport works like clock work. A good hotel that needs to keep up efforts to upgrade, however a excellent value for the business traveler wanting easy access to airport and surrounding companies with a agreeable price

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
chicago
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Nice hotel with great wekend rates. Room was extremely clean and spacious. Beware of the self parking chage. The desk informs you of this upon check in. So if you have a great rate add about $12.00 to the total. Will stay here again

Thousand Oaks
Reviewed April 8, 2009

After a stressful day of travel I arrived at the hotel and was welcomed by friendly staff. My room was great, very nice and clean. I can sincerely say this hotel has the best customer service near Ontario Air Port. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
lawyergirl07
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I booked my room via Priceline for $55.00. The location is very good, right off highway 15 and very close to the Ontario Airport.

I love the Hilton chain. All of my previous stays across the country have been very good.
This stay however, was Not good...in fact, it was pretty darned poopie.

I arrived at the hotel around 730pm. The Valet was very nice. I had just finished treatment at the hospital and was very weak. The bellcaptain was sweet enough to stand with me in the very long line at the reception desk. It was the night of Valentines Day and the place was sold out. After waiting in line for about 15 minutes, I was placed in a room in what seemed like the basement of the hotel. Seriously folks, the room was down a long abysmal hallway. The bellman assured me that the rooms down below were much better than those in the tower.

The room was lovely, but the big black spide on the bed was not. I trapped the bug in one of the glasses provided the hotel and called for another room. Hooray, a room above sea level this time!

I snuggled into bed with my laptop and attempted to log into the hotel's 10 dollar wifi to indulge in some youtube videos, my guilty pleasure. Unfortunately, the wifi was only strong enough to support charging the room and thereafter was unable to connect. The night manager was kind enough to adjust my bill and not charge the faulty internet.

I set the alarm for 8 o'clock and fell asleep. Unfortunately, the clock itself was set to the wrong AM/PM...and I ended up waking up at noon, just in time to check out.

I checked out and was told that the grand total of the charges to my room were around 35 dollars. However, the Hilton has decided to make several charges to my debit card totalling just over $100 dollars. Unfortunately, the hotel staff wont clarify the extra charges and I am out the money. Figures.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Spokane, WA
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I just finished an awful stay with the Ontario Airport Hilton. Let me put this in perspective: I'm an international athlete and travel widely, staying in a wide-range of hotels, Hiltons included. Bar none, this was the worst hotel stay I have ever had...including some pretty dumpy 1 to 2 star hotels in some out-of-the-way places.

The hotel itself was no where near typical Hilton standards -- now lest you think I'm a snooty rich girl, keep in mind I just stayed in a 300 peso (about $25 USD) a night hotel in downtown Tulum, Mexico that had no hot water , no pillow cases, no a/c, and a window that wouldn't lock. Now... I say again...My stay at the Ontario Hilton was the WORST!

The hotel needs some serious renovation, and typical of some hotels that claim to be in or near the top tier, they nickle and dime you to death... pay for wi-fi, $3.00 for a soda out of the vending machines, no laundry facilities, pay for the computers in the lobby/business center, and a breakfast buffet for $15.00 (not any better than many free breakfasts I've had in other hotels). The carpets in the hallways were outdated and wrinkled up in bunches, and there was no proper restaurant on site. The room itself was okay, but I did get sheets with stains on them one night, and the room was definitely no nicer than a typical Mid-range hotel like a Best Western, and given the nickle and dime attitude, it was a poor value. Now... the REAL reason the stay sucked... the front desk staff! With the notable exceptions of Laura Lopez and Brittany (and the bell-people and valets), the staff was incompetent, and created a very stressful stay. They locked up over $550 on my debit card for room charges and "incidentals" -- I typically like to pay with my debit card, put it on file, and charge it when I check out. I've NEVER had this happen in ANY hotel anywhere int he world...until now. I went out one night, and my debit card was declined...after further investigation, I found that their "securing" the card had locked it, and when coupled with several other charges that preceded it, caused me to get three overdraft fees. When I went online and found out what was going on, I went downstairs, gave them a true credit card and asked them to release the charges on my card. The Front Desk Supervisor (Meggie something) was snotty about the whole process, but eventually said it was taken care of, but told me she could not get the bank to release the hold on my debit card (something I knew to be untrue). Nevertheless, I assumed it would clear up by the next day. NOPE.... at 1:00 am the NEXT night I had a message saying that they needed an alternate method of payment because my card had been "run" and was declined. I knew this to be impossible, so I went downstairs at 1:30 am, and found out they had not added the card from earlier that day...so they had tried to charge my debit card..AGAIN... now, of course, there's another wrinkle...my roommate had, upon check-in, given them HER card and had it imprinted so we could split charges. Guess what? No record of her card either! So at about 3:00 am on the night before I was supposed to fly out, I finally got to bed, knowing that I had to get up early to talk with the manager. In the middle of the night, they had put a bill under out door...guess what? All charges for the room had been put on MY card. Grrrrrr.... so I met with the manager and she straightened everything out in the morning, calling my bank and getting charges removed, etc. But by then, it had been a stressful and thoroughly un-enjoyable stay. She did comp two nights stay as compensation, but the foul taste lingers, and I would NEVER recommend staying there.

• Liked — proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — everything else -- especially the incompetent front desk staff (exceptions, Laura L.and Brittany)
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tiff B
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Very new spacious rooms I love to stay here before flying out because it is so restfu. Nice pool. Good location.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
spokane, wa
Reviewed January 12, 2009

My company booked a week's stay here for me while in town for training. One night, in the room next door, 2 people started fighting. I reported it 11:30 pm - the front desk did nothing. I called again at 1 am - and then the front desk reluctantly called the police.

At check out, I discovered I'd been charged $10/day for self-parking -which was NOT disclosed at check in. After much arguing with management, only 2 of the 5 days were removed from the bill.

This hotel is currently undergoing physical remodeling; seems to me as if they need some remodeling of the staff as well.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business