“Older hotel.Fairly well maintained. 3.5 rate”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Convenient to Ontario Airport and I-10 travel. Reliable place to stop when driving. A little tired. Wish they (and many other hotels) had someone walking around with a clipboard and blue tape to point out areas needing attention for cleaning or repair. Otherwise, fine. Parking good. Pool area nice. Staff nice.Check in quick. Beds good. Did have some room service issues like incorrect order and eating utensils. However, that was the first time. Previous stays had no issues.
Service person says hotel does not give them any of the room service charges. We tipped before noticing the errors. Food staff were quick to remedy, but took two calls and we had waited 30 minutes before initial delivery.
...and yes, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Maybe away from the garden and pool, but that area is quiet after hours. The top floors are nice. Ha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear dogstargems:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and thank you for taking the time to post your comments and rate our hotel. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I would like to apologize for your less than perfect experience with our room service. That is not the way we typically take care of our guests. I have asked the Restaurant Manager to use your comments as a training tool at his next staff meeting as we are always looking at ways to improve our customer service. I know that does not change your experience, but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The front desk was quick & courteous / so checking in and out was a breeze.they give you a property floor plan map upon checking in. I liked the Lobby spacious area and having the arrival/departures on a screen for the airport was convenient.. the flights were up to date.. the pool area and having a jacuzzi that was properly maintained and temp control to the right degree.. i liked the garden area also.. What I also liked about the hotel was if u didn't have a car and needed to go out / a shuttle would be available -providing it was booked in advance..I didn't have a chance to try the Blu Bar and Grill..The rooms were very comfortable and the split of the bathroom and sink was a nice touch. I plan on coming back..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Travelroz_48:

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Large, comfortable rooms. Spacious, nice modern decor. Very clean. Beautiful rose garden.
Latisha checked me in and she was incredibly, authentically, warm and welcoming.

This hotel is an incredible value.

I look forward to staying here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear dkzapopan:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously.

I appreciate your kind scores and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us. In particular, I know Lateasha will be very grateful for your recognition of her assistance to you.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I give it 3 stars because the room was large and the bed comfortable but it has problems Check in was very slow and I wasn't impressed with what looked like a manger flirting with a lady, while we were in line waiting for one person to check in a long line of people. Then we had to find your building..it's like staying in an apartment complex. We found the building and the elevator was down, so we got our exercise finding the room. This after flying from the east coast. My overall impression each time I entered the building was Paris has never stayed here and perhaps they should cut her allowance and update the hotel. Oh, and when you're in the fourth building and must go to the lobby to use the free internet...I felt like I'd gone back in time 30 years. Bottom line: The price was good and the room comfortable, but it's very large and old.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Marlo12345,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I would like to learn more about your stay with us at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center. I am a little confused about your comments because all of our rooms are in one building and the internet is complimentary in the rooms as well as the lobby. Please feel free to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I chose to stay in this hotel largely due to the rates being lower than other nearby hotels during the same period. I had stayed here with my wife when it was a Hilton. The hotel did not appear to have changed much since then, except now Wi-Fi and parking were free. The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable. This is not a new hotel, as evidenced by the bathroom fixtures (especially the shower), but it was fine, and at under $100 for mid-week, a relative bargain. Breakfast not included. There was a buffet I did not try. This were a small Starbucks in the lobby. Plus a small gift shop (with low-priced snacks including soft drinks) between the lobby and fitness center.

Staff members were helpful. The restaurant wasn't always open, even in the evening. I had some poor quality chicken wings one night, but I heard no one complaining about the food they had. Alcoholic drinks were standard hotel prices. I didn't see any restaurants within walking distance, but there were plenty within a short drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor and above require a room key to be inserted in the elevator. Same price as o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sutter
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Sutter:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend to see Lady A in concert. Very close to citizens bank arena and on the opposite side, but just as close, are a ton of restaurants and Ontario Mills mall. The staff was friendly and the room very nice. Soft bedding and pillows, modern inspired furniture, plus a cool view of planes coming into the airport. Considering how close you are to the airport and freeway, I was surprised, and glad, at how quiet the room was. Only two draw backs for me: odd shaped trash cans that barely hold anything (believe it or not, it was an inconvenience) and a loud noise when the A/C kicked on or off. Once I did fall asleep it didn't bother me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear MrsB180903:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I also appreciate your kind scores and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Fantastic service here at this hotel. Kristen Vanderwalker at the front desk and Serena at the bfeakfast bar were very helpful! I would love to stay here again. Best servicd in California! My aife and I will stay here in June when we come back

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Boogie1000:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I appreciate your kind scores and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us. In particular, I know Christine and Serena will be very grateful for your recognition of their assistance to you.