“Roomy, comfortable”

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Fortaleza, CE
“Roomy, comfortable”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I chose to stay in this hotel largely due to the rates being lower than other nearby hotels during the same period. I had stayed here with my wife when it was a Hilton. The hotel did not appear to have changed much since then, except now Wi-Fi and parking were free. The rooms were spacious and beds comfortable. This is not a new hotel, as evidenced by the bathroom fixtures (especially the shower), but it was fine, and at under $100 for mid-week, a relative bargain. Breakfast not included. There was a buffet I did not try. This were a small Starbucks in the lobby. Plus a small gift shop (with low-priced snacks including soft drinks) between the lobby and fitness center.

Staff members were helpful. The restaurant wasn't always open, even in the evening. I had some poor quality chicken wings one night, but I heard no one complaining about the food they had. Alcoholic drinks were standard hotel prices. I didn't see any restaurants within walking distance, but there were plenty within a short drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor and above require a room key to be inserted in the elevator. Same price as o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sutter
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Sutter:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

(909) 481-1760

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend to see Lady A in concert. Very close to citizens bank arena and on the opposite side, but just as close, are a ton of restaurants and Ontario Mills mall. The staff was friendly and the room very nice. Soft bedding and pillows, modern inspired furniture, plus a cool view of planes coming into the airport. Considering how close you are to the airport and freeway, I was surprised, and glad, at how quiet the room was. Only two draw backs for me: odd shaped trash cans that barely hold anything (believe it or not, it was an inconvenience) and a loud noise when the A/C kicked on or off. Once I did fall asleep it didn't bother me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear MrsB180903:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I also appreciate your kind scores and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Fantastic service here at this hotel. Kristen Vanderwalker at the front desk and Serena at the bfeakfast bar were very helpful! I would love to stay here again. Best servicd in California! My aife and I will stay here in June when we come back

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Boogie1000:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I appreciate your kind scores and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us. In particular, I know Christine and Serena will be very grateful for your recognition of their assistance to you.

New Mexico
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very Nice Place ! ! ! Great Staff ! ! !
i stayed here on 5-7 March, we were in town for the King Of The Cage Fight at the Casino.
very clean very nice entance area, lots of space ! nice pool area !
the room staff were very nice and very good,
nice breakfast buffet !

Eddie "The Bodyguard" DeLuca

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear TheHitManMine:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I appreciate your kind score and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I "won" this hotel bidding on Priceline and I was worried when I pulled up -- don't let the exterior fool you, this hotel is a lot nicer than the grounds might suggest. As a big fan of Hilton, I could instantly tell when I walked in my room that this is a former Hilton. Read: it's not nice enough to be worthy of being part of the Hilton chain. That doesn't mean this place is a dump because it's not. It's a nice, clean hotel. But there are little maintenance items in the rooms that aren't being tended to. Chipped bathtubs, peeling wallpaper, unraveling carpet. Not big deals, but just don't examine your digs too closely.

LOVE that there's free parking. Staff was friendly, beds were comfy and room was clean. A decent place to rest your head. There's nothing walkable nearby, this is truly an "interstate hotel."

BE AWARE of the $50 charge for incidentals that the front desk places on your credit card at check-in. Nobody informed me of these charges and over a month later I noticed the charge on my credit card statement. I had to call to get it removed. I got the feeling that if I hadn't called, the charge would've slipped through. Don't know if this was intentional on the part of the hotel or not, but take note!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Moviegal226:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I would like to apologize for the front desk associate not explaining the credit card authorization policy to you during your arrival. We do require a $50 per day authorization on all reservations for a security deposit on the rooms and this also allows you to charge amenities to your room. If nothing was utilized during your stay we release the authorization back to your credit/debit card which you should see back on your account within three to five business days. I have spoken to my front desk associates and will use your comment at my next meeting. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had a conference last week in that hotel. When I checked in, they gave me a room in the 4th floor. The room was big but there was some water drops coming from the A/C and the view of that room was not so good. I wondered why they gave me such a bad view?
Because I'm not a demanded guy, I did not ask to change the room specially that I will stay for two nights only.
At the second night I wokeup suddenly at 2 am feeling hungry because I did not have my dinner and went out to see if there is anything to eat. Unfortunately , I did not find anything to eat and forced to stay until the next morning when the only small cafeteria opend.
At that trip I felt not comfortable at all.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Msalemksa:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the Chief Engineer and asked him to use your comments to further investigate the issue. I have also notified the Director of Food & Beverage regarding no food available over night, and we are working on a solution. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Milbank, South Dakota
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel (yet), but I read each of the Reviews posted here. At first I was impressed by the sincere-sounding, personal-sounding response by Ian A, Front, office manager. That is until I realized each response was basically a form letter ... a boiler-plate response. Even the "I-was-greatly-distressed" part was an identically-written drop-in paragraph for each complaint. This makes me think the hotel's response was just an easy PR effort and polite way of ignoring genuine guest issues.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Vaudreyvil,

We appreciate you taking the time to research our hotel on TripAdvisor, and thank you for reading my responses. Although the comments may seem generic, they are sincere. I do print out the comments and share them with the staff and I always discuss any issues with the department managers to help prevent the issues from reoccurring. I also always leave my contact information at the bottom of my responses so the guest can contact me for further discussion if they would prefer, since we cannot always match the TripAdvisor member with the guest name.

I hope you decide to stay with us and give us the opportunity to show you that our guest service and satisfaction is our top priority.