“Very Nice Place ! ! ! Great Staff ! ! !”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very Nice Place ! ! ! Great Staff ! ! !
i stayed here on 5-7 March, we were in town for the King Of The Cage Fight at the Casino.
very clean very nice entance area, lots of space ! nice pool area !
the room staff were very nice and very good,
nice breakfast buffet !

Eddie "The Bodyguard" DeLuca

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear TheHitManMine:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I appreciate your kind score and specific comments about your experience with us. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us

There are newer reviews for Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I "won" this hotel bidding on Priceline and I was worried when I pulled up -- don't let the exterior fool you, this hotel is a lot nicer than the grounds might suggest. As a big fan of Hilton, I could instantly tell when I walked in my room that this is a former Hilton. Read: it's not nice enough to be worthy of being part of the Hilton chain. That doesn't mean this place is a dump because it's not. It's a nice, clean hotel. But there are little maintenance items in the rooms that aren't being tended to. Chipped bathtubs, peeling wallpaper, unraveling carpet. Not big deals, but just don't examine your digs too closely.

LOVE that there's free parking. Staff was friendly, beds were comfy and room was clean. A decent place to rest your head. There's nothing walkable nearby, this is truly an "interstate hotel."

BE AWARE of the $50 charge for incidentals that the front desk places on your credit card at check-in. Nobody informed me of these charges and over a month later I noticed the charge on my credit card statement. I had to call to get it removed. I got the feeling that if I hadn't called, the charge would've slipped through. Don't know if this was intentional on the part of the hotel or not, but take note!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Moviegal226:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I would like to apologize for the front desk associate not explaining the credit card authorization policy to you during your arrival. We do require a $50 per day authorization on all reservations for a security deposit on the rooms and this also allows you to charge amenities to your room. If nothing was utilized during your stay we release the authorization back to your credit/debit card which you should see back on your account within three to five business days. I have spoken to my front desk associates and will use your comment at my next meeting. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I had a conference last week in that hotel. When I checked in, they gave me a room in the 4th floor. The room was big but there was some water drops coming from the A/C and the view of that room was not so good. I wondered why they gave me such a bad view?
Because I'm not a demanded guy, I did not ask to change the room specially that I will stay for two nights only.
At the second night I wokeup suddenly at 2 am feeling hungry because I did not have my dinner and went out to see if there is anything to eat. Unfortunately , I did not find anything to eat and forced to stay until the next morning when the only small cafeteria opend.
At that trip I felt not comfortable at all.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Msalemksa:

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. I was concerned to hear about your experience with your guest room. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed this topic with the Chief Engineer and asked him to use your comments to further investigate the issue. I have also notified the Director of Food & Beverage regarding no food available over night, and we are working on a solution. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel (yet), but I read each of the Reviews posted here. At first I was impressed by the sincere-sounding, personal-sounding response by Ian A, Front, office manager. That is until I realized each response was basically a form letter ... a boiler-plate response. Even the "I-was-greatly-distressed" part was an identically-written drop-in paragraph for each complaint. This makes me think the hotel's response was just an easy PR effort and polite way of ignoring genuine guest issues.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Vaudreyvil,

We appreciate you taking the time to research our hotel on TripAdvisor, and thank you for reading my responses. Although the comments may seem generic, they are sincere. I do print out the comments and share them with the staff and I always discuss any issues with the department managers to help prevent the issues from reoccurring. I also always leave my contact information at the bottom of my responses so the guest can contact me for further discussion if they would prefer, since we cannot always match the TripAdvisor member with the guest name.

I hope you decide to stay with us and give us the opportunity to show you that our guest service and satisfaction is our top priority.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now, each time only briefly. The location is ideal, right off the highway, near the airport and outlet mall. There are plenty of dining options nearby. However, if the details are important to you, you should probably pass on this one. The toiletries are awful and the towels are very small and thin. Room 428 has such a loud heating and cooling system I wasn't sure we'd be able to sleep through the night. Another room I had, you were unable to control the thermostat at all. At one check-in, there was no bar soap in the room and when housekeeping brought it by they brought only one, rather than one for the sink and another for the shower. It is generally clean but when you look a little more closely, the bathroom doors are dirty where people have repeatedly touched them.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Regina D
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Regina D:

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond to our guest survey. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I was quite distressed to read that you had issues during multiple stays here at the Ontario Airport Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize, as that was not the way we typically take care of our guests. We have discussed these issues with the department managers and will work on getting those issues resolved. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed here one night, as part of a Priceline blind bid for a hotel near the Ontario airport. Arrived about 4:00 and waited almost 15 minutes to check in, but things were busy due to a convention. Checked in and got my key within 5 minutes. The room itself was nice, but the AC system was a little weird and it took a while to figure out how to rig my AC to blow 24/7. I did like the hotel's location: Right off the 10 and within a 10 minute drive of the big artificial downtown area of Rancho Cucomonga, where I had dinner. The bedding, shower, even the waste paper baskets were still standard airport Hilton ones, so I felt right at home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ian A, Front Office Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear msr015100:

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Yes, with a name like Ontario International Airport Hotel, I was a little scared. My son and I booked a double room for a visit to the Claremont Colleges. The price was so reasonable we were a little nervous about the quality.

But, once inside the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised. They let us check in a few hours early. The place was really nice, clean, convenient, and the room was really big. It was very quiet. There is a nice bar in the lobby and one night I got a draft IPA to take back to my room. There are restaurants nearby and the drive to Claremont was pretty easy. We took surface streets rather than getting onto LA freeways.

I would recommend saving the money and staying at this hotel versus staying in Claremont.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family