“Highly Underrated” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Floral Park, N.Y.
“Highly Underrated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is a great value. Clean,comfortable spacious room, Adequate bathroom, in tight quarters. Restaurant had great seafood on menu, with very reasonable prices.An outstanding, attentive staff throughout the hotel. Highly recommend. !!!

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights (were only going to stay 1 night since not a name brand hotel). Had king accessible room. Bath had shower/tub combo but had full sized shower chair. Staff pleasant & helpful. Only thing I would like is to include fridge in room. Well kept grounds. Restraunts north on haven then east on foothill. Recommend Richie's diner good food and service.

• Stayed April 2013
Santa Rosa CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Of all the hotels near the Ontario airport this former Hilton property probably represents the best value. Deep discounts are frequently available through Priceline, and the amenities Hilton used to charge for, like wi-fi and parking, are now free. Check in was fast and friendly. My request to upgrade to a high floor was honored, no questions asked. The room was clean quiet and very comfortable. Location just off I-10 was convenient and there are numerous dining choices nearby. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with mountain view
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night, April 16, 2013. I am happy to say that my stay was very pleasant. I want to give you enough detail so that you can make up your mind if you are deciding between this hotel and another.

First of all, I received a great rate of $84 (government employee) for a King Non-smoking room on the 5th floor (normally it would have been $104). Upon my arrival at the Ontario airport, I called the hotel to let them know I had arrived, and within 5-7 minutes the driver came. Let me say, it was the same driver both days. Just in case someone in Management at the hotel reads this, I just want them to know that he (an Asian gentleman) was a great driver--courteous, helpful without trying, as my kids say, to "Do Too Much" for a tip, and engaging. Once at the hotel, as I walked through the front doors I can honestly say that I was impressed. The lobby is furnished very well, in a California-style, sparse, sophisticated kind of way. And it's LARGE! In fact, while I came for a business meeting, I sent cell phone pictures to my wife and told her that we ought to come back here just to vacation.The hotel bills itself as a Conference Center, and I can see why. Having the backdrop of the beautiful surrounding mountains only adds to the ambiance. Most of the Southern Cal vacation spots aren't too far away. Back to the review. The front desk staff were polite and efficient--in and on my way within 3-5 minutes. Free Wi-Fi is included in the rate, and it worked well. My room was very good. It wasn't impressive in style (although it did have a nice flat-screen), but--wow--the bed was fantastic! The bedding and pillows were resort-worthy; even the side chair and ottoman were quality--firm and solid. The bathroom was well appointed--I even had one of those lighted magnifying mirrors that extended from the wall. Not sure what people do with those (smile). The black out curtains did their job well. The next morning, I went downstairs to breakfast. It was included in my rate, but I did have to convince the host of that since I hadn't received a ticket at check in. Otherwise, it's $13. Let me say, however, that it would have been worth it--I they offered both menu items and a breakfast buffet. I had the buffet, and the food was very tasty and varied.

Let me tell you a little story. While in the lobby, I overheard a guest (or potential guest) complaining to one of the managers about some matter. I very much appreciated the professionalism of the Manager, who was consistently pleasant in their exchange, and tried to resolve the issue with the guest, all the while keeping his voice--and his tone--appropriate the entire time, and engaging another front desk staff. Even though that should be the standard, I appreciated his manner--'talk to people like you'd want to be talked to'.

As a business traveler, there was only one thing I think needs improving--the business center. For a conference center, the room itself was small; users would have had to sit a little too close to each other for comfort if he or she wanted a little privacy or wanted to spread out a bit. [That said, each room did have a work desk.] The biggest gripe I had, however, was the prices for various services (listed glaringly on the devices). For instance, charging $.50 per page to print seemed like a lot for me. But perhaps I'm cheap. Okay, I am cheap

Check out was quick and pleasant; I had requested and received the chance to check out late, for which I am grateful.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay and will definitely stay here again should I have the opportunity.

4 Thank Stephen B
Crestline, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed here on April 12, 2013. It turned out to be a really nice place to stay at. I won this on Priceline for $42 a night, plus tax. The parking is free, the staff is nice, and friendly. I stayed on the 5th floor, it was very quiet, the rooms are large, bed and pillows very comfortable. I used the Jacuzzi, it could have been a tad hotter, but, it was hot enough to enjoy. I had a great sleep here, before an early morning flight. I've stayed here before, when it was the Hilton. I think that this is a better place to stay at now, since it does not have that Hilton brand. Oh, the TV was in HD, lots of HD channels to watch. Lots of hot water for a great bath/shower too. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west, seem to be pretty quiet, no freeway noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Arvin, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Ontario Hilton (in September 2012). I was in the area for a college reunion (U of Redlands). I made a bid on Priceline for two nights (less than $45/night). The breakfast was expensive ($15/person) and the parking fee (open parking lot with no security). The room was spacious and there was plenty of room for my two boys (3 and 1). Onsite Starbucks was nice.

Room Tip: Parking is not free (at the time) but comfortable bed
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My stay at this hotel was exceptional! I have recently stayed when the management had changed although that did not affect my stay compared to before. They still have the same staff therefore they do continue to provide their guest's with the "Hilton Standard". The staff is very helpful and friendly and always make me feel right at home. The best part of the hotel is the fact that it is a full service hotel. I can get all that i need without ever having to leave the hotel. I really like to work out and the fact that they had a fitness center open 24 hours a day is very useful when it comes to my busy schedule along with the pool and spa. I HIGHLY suggest this hotel!

Room Tip: when requesting rooms, I suggest to ask for higher floor and even number rooms because they have an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business