“Great hotel at a great price!”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed March 17, 2013

As others have mentioned, this is the former Hilton now called the Ontario Airport Hotel, not to be confused with the Ontario Airport Inn.

I was only there for a quick visit, checking in late and leaving early the next morning so I did not use any of the public facilities. However, I can tell you that since the name change, parking and internet is now free. There used to be a charge when it was the Hilton. The staff remains the same.

Rooms at this hotel are large, but the bathroom is on the small size. Everything functioned as it should including the 46" flat screen TV. Sleep comfort was exceptional. There is a restaurant on site and several restaurants within a block or two. A mile away is Ontario Mills mall where you find a large cinema and almost any chain restaurant your heart desires.

As of this writing, this hotel has yet to get a web presence so booking by conventional means can be difficult. I got this hotel through a Priceline bid and couldn't be happier with the result.

Room Tip: If you are inclined to use the pool and jacuzzi, the poolside rooms have sliding doors leading direc...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wsj3200

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We booked our three night stay and got an excellent rate. The check in was pleasant. We asked for a room on floors 7-10 and were booked into room 727. It was a good call. The room was good size. Bathroom is a little small, you actually have to shut the door to have any room to move, but it was certainly adequate. The room has a sink in the bathroom, as well as one outside the bathroom which was nice. The shower had good pressure, but straight up or straight down turned off all water flow. Turn it to the left for all warm temps and to the right for all cold temps. Once I figured that out it wasn't a problem.
The room has a huge safe big enough for more than one laptop, kindles, phones, money... huge by most standards.
Closet space was adequate as well as drawer space. Walls and carpets were nice. Bed was actually one of the nicer beds I have slept in lately when in a hotel. (Last trip was europe) Sheets were white, clean and I slept really well. Temperature control is right there so I could cool the room down for the night. It had a large TV, free wifi, and a small fridge, coffee maker etc.
Breakfast was available for $15 per person, but we did not take advantage of that. We did not swim in the pool, but my husband went and ran in the gym. He said it was really nice and had headphones provided as well as a TV to distract if you wanted; treadmills, weights, etc.
Our floor was very quiet at night. The view wasn't particularily interesting but I wasn't there for the view. It has a great location for the airport, most places in Ontario, as well as Rancho Cuchamunga. Parking is FREE. I read somewhere that there was a charge. That is not true.
We would stay here again. No idea who owns it now, but hopefully they continue to keep their rates nice and reasonable. Add breakfast if you want to increase your guest numbers.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors were nice. Ask for 7-10
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VacationJunky4445
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Too bad the last few years of economic stain took a toll on the management company that ran this location and lost the Hilton name. Nevertheless, it is still early in the transformation so the property and facilities are still in good order.

I do want to call out one staff member for her exceptional customer service. Andrea checked me in and provided me my room card and off to the 5th floor I went. I inserted the card in the reader and received the green light, but the door handle would not budge. I tried this three times all to no avail. Frustrated I returned to the front desk only to wait for other travelers to check in. Once at the counter I explained my situation to Andrea and she was very accommodating to move me to another room. To my surprise, she moved me to the concierge floor, thank you Andrea.

On the other side of praise, I found the gentleman running the gift shop was less than accommodating. I asked that my purchase be charged to my room and he snarled at me that they do not have a connection to the hotel. Well, I am standing in a gift shop in the hotel and I got there through a connecting hallway. I looked at him and said sorry to bother you and left. The next day I saw a lady running the shop and went in to purchase a bottle of water. She was nice, friendly and a pleasure to meet.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The furniture and features of the room are dated in need of a facelift. I hope while the staff goes through this transition, they maintain their level of service and come out stronger on the other side.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChipsTravels
Reviewed January 26, 2013

They over charge my room, na a lot of other colleges rooms.

The general meneger, was ironic about and providade terrible assistence to solve that.

The rooms and other sevices was as expected. Good rooms, frindly stuff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Formerly a Hilton ,now affilaited with Coast Hotels & Resorts this hotel is in a great location, comfortable, clean and spacious.Staff is friendly and helping guests through the transition. Fun bar and nice pool area. Looks like it has a lot of conference space too. Free shuttle to airport and nearby business parks.A pleasant surprise in the Inland Empire

Room Tip: rooms/suites facing San Gabriel Mountains
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I usually don't mind paying for hotel parking if its in a secured garage with limited space located in a downtown area where square footage comes at a high premium. Paying for parking in Ontario in a completely open parking lot with tons of space? It makes you wonder why you're paying the $10+ nightly parking rate here or paying anything at all for parking. Even the front desk workers admitted that the parking is the major complaint that they receive all the time from guests and they understood how irritating it makes guests. The room overall was just fine as can be expected from a three star Hilton Priceline room. I got a great rate due to Priceline but if I came to Ontario under normal circumstances (I needed a last minute room before driving back to Northern California), I would probably try to endorse a hotel who doesn't try to squeeze every nickel and dime from you.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you "Solarsnorkler" for sharing your feedback with your fellow Priceline and Trip Advisor travelers. Priceline customers can sometimes score a great price if the hotel chooses to offer a special rate on a specific date, but it is true that if you are a budget minded traveler that expects all amenities to be included, our hotel structures the pricing structure for Priceline customers in the same way that many airlines now do, a la carte amenities are at an extra price. But at the same time, there are creative ways to get what you want for free. For example, there is convenient and ample free street side parking available if you don't want to treat yourself to valet parking. Complimentary internet is available in the lobby, restaurant, & pool if you don't want to pay to access it from your room. And we also offer free remote printing (in color) of any documents you want to print right from the lobby. In the meantime, you get to enjoy our oversized and well furnished guestrooms, large outdoor pool and whirlpool, and Precor fitness center. You make many insightful comments and we hope that your fellow travelers will use both your tips and ours to make informed decisions about staying at any hotel.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was clean and large, but worn, with many stains on both the bedding, furniture and carpeting. The bathroom was in only so-so shape, but it was very clean. This is located close to the airport, and they run a shuttle as necessary. If you ask, they'll give you a cart for your bags, but there was no offer of assistance. The bar serves food and handles room service, but things were left off my order, like rolls and butter.
The breakfast in the executive lounge was really heavy on starches, but there was a great variety offered. It's closed on weekends, though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you "Arts123" for taking the time to share your feedback with your fellow TripAdvisor travellers. We appreciate your observations about our large and clean rooms and surroundings. We equally appreciate the constructive feedback about our room service and touch ups needed in your room. We have a regular preventative maintenance program that addresses cosmetic issues like you mentioned. And thank you for highlighting the Executive Lounge. It is a special amenity available to either our HHonors Diamond guests, or those guests who choose to pay an upgrade fee. We'll look at expanding the amount of fresh fruits for example, to augment the traditional breakfast pastries and breads, as well as our featured proteins we regularly offer. We hope to have the opportunity serve you again!