“Comfortable hotel (great beds), though the extras can add up”

Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Fortaleza, CE
“Comfortable hotel (great beds), though the extras can add up”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We got a good price through Priceline, so I can't complain about the basic price for the room. The beds were extremely comfortable. The many extras (Wi-Fi, parking, breakfast) can add up if you don't watch it. The breakfasts in the restaurant were reasonably priced, but in many hotels we stayed at, breakfast was included. There was a Starbucks, or similar, in the lobby. We got around Wi-Fi in-room cost by using the free Wi-Fi in the lobby. The parking was about $10 for valet parking, not bad, but the hotel is in an area where most hotels do not charge for parking (just the "higher end" ones). I don't believe there's a free airport shuttle.

The hotel is big. The lobby, which looked like it may have seen better days, have huge empty spaces.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you Sutter for sharing your feedback with your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It looks like you are a frequent contributor. We are glad to read that overall you enjoyed your visit with us and particularly liked our Hilton Suite Sleeper beds. We're very proud of them and the high thread count sheets we use. As a Priceline customer, we appreciate your tips. With Priceline, most hotel services are "a la carte" to allow these customers to choose their options while taking advantage of a very limited availability rate. Thank you again for your opinions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pleasant Hill
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Thanks to the effervescent and caring Gabby Garcia and Johnathan Roberts - both banquet managers, our recent three night and 3 day stay for business (insurance instruction) was made worthwhile. Sleeping rooms are pleasant but the unbelievably noisy air-conditioner made for restless sleep. Likewise, noisy shower pipes also added an uncalled for orchestral touch to the mornings. Meeting/banquet rooms are spacious, comfortable and well served by the friendly banquest staff and the fairly recently upgraded restaurant (2 yrs ago) was fairly priced with excellent service and a happy variety of good fair. Unfortunately, front desk staff were a bit lacking - almost before checking the status of a reservation and offering a wecome they reached for the "incidentals" credit card - and without sharing their intentions. Additionally, those who call the front desk receive superior service, And get this, while I was in the process of checking in, another hotel guest sought change for a large denomination bill. I was "put on hold" so to speak, while the clerk who was asssiting me to care of Mr. Moneybags. It seems that in this hotel and other hotels those who phone the front desk or have some other need are often held in higher regard thant those who are going through the rigors of check in. The use of this word, not necesarily directed at the Ontario Hilton but to most hotels that fail to realize that checking in is often an ordeal for those who are weary, worn and who have been at the mercy of the airlines. Overall - a pleasant business hotel with nice staff. Cheers. Konkerpot

Room Tip: Never close to the ice-maker, althoug at this nice facilty the ice and beverage machines are in the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you very much Konkerpot for a great and balanced review of our hotel and its staff. We greatly value in particular TripAdvisor reviews which tell us what we're doing well and what we can improve upon. We deeply appreciate you singling out some of our staff who did an exemplary job for you and for your flattering comments about many aspects of our hotel. We equally appreciate the observations about some of our front desk staff. These items can be quickly improved through more training, and we'll do exactly that. Again, thank you for all of the feedback and know that we will both recognize the people that made your experience memorable and fix the physcial items and training processes for some of our staff.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is definitely a nice hotel. Rooms are up to date and the executive level had a nice enough spread that I didn't need to eat dinner that evening. Still dumbfounded how Sam Adams is considered a NON-domestic beer (charge for non-domestics). Unfortunately, one of the hot water tanks went down and I suffered thru an ice cold shower (doesn't sound as bad as the experience actually was...wow). Couldn't reach the front desk when I called but did get an apology when I visited the front desk to notify them of the situation they were already addressing. I was floored to find a parking fee of $10 and change on my bill. Is this to deter free parking at the airport? I don't think so.

• Stayed March 2012
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you diamosd for sharing both your compliments and your constructive feedback about our hotel with your fellow Trip Advisor travelers. We very happy to read that you think we have a nice hotel and that you enjoyed our exclusive Executive Lounge. We do apologize for the hot water situation, as it was caused by a blown circuit board controlling our boilers....one of those freak occurences that affected our system for a few hours. We'll also re-designate the Sam Adams as a premium, as most beer afficionados put Sam Adams in a higher level in terms of price and quality over your traditional domestics, such as Coors Light and Budweiser. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed here one night for business. Easy valet service, good front desk, clean, large room. Close to airport and around lots of dining.

Room Tip: My GPS had a hard time finding the hotel, but easy to see from the road.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you TxRanger9 for sharing your thoughts about our hotel with your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We pride ourselves in being a great and convenient hotel particularly for business travelers. We're glad you found our staff and accomodations met your needs and expectations. And yes, if GPS is ever not cooperative, you can literally see our hotel from the I-10. Thank you again!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The staff is great, one of the better franchise Hilton's
True the facility should better cleaned, but the staff tries hard, and the amenities are appropriate.
I will return

• Stayed February 2012
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you Alex O for sharing your thoughts about our hotel with your fellow Trip Advisor travelers. Thank as well for your particular comments about our staff. We're very proud of all of our associates, they are the ones that make our hotel a home away from home for our guests. We were a little surprised about the cleanliness comment, but we're using this opportunity to look at all areas of the hotel with a fresh set of eyes so we can ensure the hotel is pristine. Best wishes for great travels!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past week and found it to be a great value. I saw a recent post saying that they got charged extra for everything however that was not the case for me, my parking, internet and breakfast were all included in the price of the hotel which was <$110 with taxes so it was a very good deal. This room was booked for work and through our work travel site, I am a also a hilton honors member so those things may have altered my service however everything for me was great. My room was clean and looked like it had been recently updated although some of the updates were a big strange (there were 4 different types of granite in my room none of which matched one another). The major downfall was the location, there isn't really anything near there and we had trouble finding a good place for dinner (there are a few restaurants right near there but they are all your typical chains and are nothing special). Overall if you need to be in this area for something I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Give them your hilton honors card when checking in.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you Sara J for sharing your Hilton Ontarop experience with your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We're glad to read you felt the hotel presented a great value. We have many attractive rate programs in place and also provide additional benefits to many of our HHonors members. The hotel has Bed & Breakfast, Park & Fly, and Shopping Packages available that are a great value for the money. There are numerous chain restaurants available, in addition to our own Blu Bar & Grill, but if you're looking for something with more local flavor, our guest services staff will be happy to give some recommendations for local restaurants within 10 minutes of the hotel. Thank you as well for your other observations and we hope to see you again for business or pleasure.
Toronto
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I won this hotel bidding on Priceline, got a great deal and couldn't complain. I was a little turned off at first, when I was given a room on the first floor, but it was quite a distance from the main lobby and just a few steps away from the pool so it worked out well enough. The staff was polite, the room was clean although the bathroom was smaller than I'm used to; I had to close the door just so I could use the toilet. The beds were comfortable, and clean and the only small complaint I have is the volume of the fan as it turns on--I woke up every time it started up again, and it got so irritating that I just decided to leave it on the entire night as it was disruptive on the 'auto' setting. But, that's something minute and reparable. Also, because I didn't have a car, I wish there was more to eat/do within walking distance (Ontario Mills is nearby, but a bit of a walk away...)
All in all, it was a pleasant stay and I would return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you Audilim for sharing your thoughts on your stay at our hotel. We're pleased to read that you thought well of our staff, the cleanliness of our rooms, and the comfort of our Hilton Suite Dreams beds. We have a Benihana, Black Angus Steakhouse, and El Torito Mexican restaurant within a 3 minute walk of the hotel and I wish we had made sure you knew about these options. We do have a great on-site restaurant, Blu Bar & Grill but understand sometimes everyone wants to go off property and explore. Thanks for letting us know about the bathroom ceiling fan and we've addressed that. We hope we'll have the opportunity to see you again!