“Perfect New Year break”

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Loma Linda, California
“Perfect New Year break”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here on 31 Dec - 1 Jan on a Livingsocial New Year's Eve getaway deal, largely because I was flying in from the UK that afternoon and we wanted a hassle-free way of celebrating the new year without having to do battle with drunk drivers on the 10 and without serious inconvenience for my partner if my flights were delayed.

The hotel was great and the service was impeccable. The room was spacious, clean, had everything you'd expect from a high end chain hotel, and everything worked. Despite a noisy and boistrous party taking place on the ground floor, there was no noise whatsoever in our room on the fifth. The meal was absolutely lovely: my partner is vegan and I am allergic to cheese (and so I guess we represent a nightmare couple for restaurant staff!), but the restaurant staff coped with this effortlessly and without any hint that we were putting them out.

In the past we've found that staying in hotels on a Livingsocial or Groupon deal tends to carry two occupational hazards: that you'll be whacked with a whole slew of hidden extras and charges upon check-out that weren't mentioned at the time of booking, and/or that the staff will treat you as second class citizens. There was not even a hint of either on this stay: everyone was as helpful and as friendly as could be, and there were absolutely no extra charges apart from the tax (which was made clear when booking).

We would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend this venue to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bedbugged
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you "Bedbugged" for a flattering review of our hotel and that you chose to bring in the New Year with us. This was our first time partnering with LivingSocial and we wanted it to be a first class experience! And healthy menu options are no problem for us as we've made a huge effort in 2011 to offer a myriad of healthy items, sugar free, gluten free, and vegan friendly. We hope you and your partner will have the occassion to see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Riverside
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is nice, yet deceiving! Upon arrival, nothing was mentioned or said about the paid parking, which resulted in a ticket. Then the continental breakfast is apparently an option you must pay for up front when purchasing a room. I did not notice this and when I walked up to the hostess to be seated, nothing was asked of me nor mentioned the entire time I dined. I left, assuming the breakfast was included, only to be chased down and asked if I had my meal ticket. I explained I knew nothing of this, they "escorted" me to the front desk where they checked to see if it was included in my room rate (it was not) and charged me $20 for the meal! Had I known this, as well as the $10 parking fee, I would have never stayed here! You can park on the street for free and skip the breakfast, its limited and bland anyways! The room was nice but the halls were noisey by 6am with foreign speaking maids who rudely yelled back and forth to each other outside of my door. I even had the "Do not Disturb" sign on my door and by 8:30am they were knocking to clean the room...check out isnt until noon might I add. I would strongly consider stying elsewhere!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you shopper182 for your straightforward comments about our hotel. We appreciate you thought that the Hilton is a nice hotel, and we also must apologize for apparently not communicating the basic aspects of what is and is not included with your room. For example, as a rule, breakfast is not included with a room rate, except for some corporate/business negotiated accounts. We often have attractive pricing available for "Bed & Breakfast" packages that is often a great deal. And our Hilton Breakfast Buffet features over 82 items, from breakfast parfaits to egg white frittatas. We hope we'll be able to be of service to you in the future, perhaps on a Bed and Breakfast package.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The hotel has excellent hostesses, super attentive. The rooms are large and spacious. They are cleaned daily by the maids, very good. LCD TV 42 'in the room. What angered me the hotel was having to pay parking ($ 9.00 + tax) per day and not get internet in the room (this is inadimissível)
and you still pay $ 11.00 per day for its use and if you want, you must use at reception. Not a cheap hotel and include these extra expenses for parking and internet, will further endear. On my check out the receptionists withdrew the values ​​of my internet account, in view of my s problems using the internet.

Room Tip: A good tip is to take the first floor, it is glued to the parking
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RogerioPeixoto
Thank you Rogerio Poexoto for your review of our hotel. Yes, we have some of most spacious rooms in Ontario and great LCD Televisions with a generous channel selection to boot. To provide additional value for our internet experience, we are currently expanding our bandwith up to 30Mbps, which will result in super fast internet connections for our guests. And internet access will continue to be complimentary in our lobby and restaurant areas as well. Thank you again for your fair and balanced review.
Crestline, California
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hilton for 1 night. I did not realize i would be paying for that one night for a week after check out. It was my boyfriends birthday and we wanted to find the most perfect suite to celebrate with a few friends. We called around and explained we wanted to have a dinner party in the suite. The front desk staff at the Hilton told us the suites on the 10th floor are perfect for dinner parties/ business meetings, so we took it! Checking in is when all the problems began, I wanted to get there before my boyfriend to set up the suite with his gifts and food i made for our guests. They asked for my card, i gave it to them and told them i wasn't going to be the one paying for the room, they said its ok you can give us the card paying for our stay in the morning at check out. Then i said i know we need to pay to park, can i do that now- she said no don't worry about that until check out.
We had our dinner party and left for Fusions for a few hours, then came back. The next morning we never received a copy of our bill under the door. We cleaned up the room and headed down to check out. THIS is where all the problems began. The supervisor with a horrible attitude named Christine gave us a copy of the bill, fine- we looked at it then we asked for the bill to be split on my card and my boyfriends card. Christine said sure, and said, " Here is a copy of your bill being split." As we were leaving we went to our cars and noticed 2 things, 1-there were notices on our cars, let me just remind you, I specifically asked when checking in about the parking.2- the bill being split by this supervisor Christine was a hidden fee never once explained to us. So the hotel bill was charged to my card and then a fee split on both of our cards.
To make my long story shorter, we were misinformed about 3 different things, never received an explanation only until the cards were charged, we were unable to speak with manager on that night of our stay. I called everyday for 3 days and was told there was no manager on. I left messages my boyfriend however received a phone call by the director of room his name Thomas R. He was rude and said things like, " You are banned from my hotel", " You had a party and we need to charge you guys extra for the noise"- The extra fee was titled, "cleaning fee" not "noise fee". The he hung the phone up on my boyfriend. The staff has been anything but respectful or available. I had to go to my bank dispute the extra fees and while i was there it showed that they charged not only 2 times but 3 times. I have been battling with them for a week now. I asked 3 different times to speak with the General manager and was never able to because of the run around the staff has put me throw with rude, disrespectful supervisors and managers. I called their corporate offices, and now, 7 days later am receiving my money back- Not all of it of course, some how after all this I'm still having to pay for our stay which was not worth any of this. I will never, NEVER recommend staying at the Hilton. THE HILTON OFFERS NOTHING BUT FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

Room Tip: Get ready for unexplained charges and good luck trying to get a hold of someone to fix it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neila D
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Nice hotel. Everything you'd expect from Hilton. Very friendly. Great breakfast buffet. Close to a very nice, very large outside shopping mall. Will stay here anytime in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OntarioGM, Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you Jim0521 for sharing your feedback with your fellow TripAdvisor Travelers. In addition to being the closest full service hotel to the Ontario Mills Outlet Mall, which by the way is the largest single story outlet mall in the western United States, we're also only a short drive to Victoria Gardens, which is a beautiful "outdoor" mall with high end restaurants and shopping. We're glad you enjoyed our staff and restaurant and hope to see you again soon.
Stoneham, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is really nice - clean, comfortable beds, nice bar, great breakfast buffet, plus the hotel staff are helpful and very nice. There is a good sidewalk system surrounding the hotel, if you want to stretch your legs, and it seemed to be a safe area. The gym was adequate and clean. Breakfast was included with the stay, which was a bonus - and not expected. A coffee bar was open for a good portion of the day as well. Every evening there were containers of fresh, iced water waiting (lemon or cucumber water), so you could grab a cup on the way up to your room. There is a lounge area, and people felt comfortable sitting there, socializing and waiting on friends and co-workers. The business area was off to the side, a bit hidden but looked like it had modern equipment. The only negative is that the stairwells are not lit, so you do not have the option of taking the stairs, especially if you are only on the second or third floors and waiting on an elevator takes longer than the walk. There are a lot of restaurants and places to shop which are within walking and driving distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OntarioGM, General Manager at Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Thank you Suzanne K for your informative and positive review of our hotel. You made some great observations. For those who like to take walks or jog, there is an excellent sidewalk system. In addition, while we have a great on-site restaurant, Blu Bar & Grill, we totally understand that sometimes you might want to head off property. Within a 5 minute sidewalk covered walk there is Benihana, Black Angus Steakhouse, El Torita, and a Fusions restaurant/nightclub. And lastly, thanks for the breakfast compliments. We feature over 82 items on our Hilton Breakfast Buffet that have some great surprises as well as healthy/gluten free choices. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again.
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here while visiting Redlands for homecoming weekend. Close enough drive about 30 min on freeway. This hotel was very easy to find, we got a great rate via Priceline. I was initially scared of any hotel with airport in the name but it was very nice! Hardly heard any planes at all and the hotel definetly exceeded my expectations. Very clean, nice tv, close to shopping and many dining options. Friendly staff. They were having a parade and group military wedding while we were there so I expected a bunch of loud drunk marines to be crazy in the halls haha but it was very under control we didn't hear anything. I think my kids were louder than the party ;) the food was pricey and gift shop over priced but if you are in a pinch either would work I guess. Starbucks Cart was great for early morning coffee and fruit run . Found it Strange they charge $9 for parking when it's just a regular lot no frills and due to the parade we had to wait to move our car and leave until they said we could go... but All in all great stay

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you Geri4jesu for your comments and feedback on our hotel. We're happy to read our hotel exceeded many of your expectations, particularly for an airport hotel. We'd like to think that our hotel has the all around best amenities and features available for hotels in the Ontario area. And being the closest full service hotel to the Ontario Mills Outlet Mall is always a plus! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.