“Clean & pet friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Was able to get an ADA room to wash our dogs off after a long airline flight. Room was spacious and clean. Nice surroundings and close to several restaurants, though not within walking distance given the August heat. Acceptable breakfast and large dining area (for a La Quinta).

Room Tip: Request an ADA room if traveling with pets.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reedley, California, USA
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband, puppy, and I could not have been happier! The courtyard was beautiful! Our room was just wonderful and the staff very nice and welcoming! I would recommend this location to anyone, and especially someone traveling with a loved pet. I would say...lol, get down early enough for breakfast!!! It's wonderful! (we missed one morning)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Used this hotel as an overnight stop on my way from LAX to Arizona. From the outside it's a nice property with well-maintained surroundings. Check-in was friendly and very efficient, I accidently gave the wrong (invalid) frequent flyer number, which was noticed and immediately corrected by the front desk girl. Got a high-floor room as I requested. The room was nice, clean and very spacious. The only minor problem was the sink which drained really really slowly. Breakfast was the usual LQ style, but they started it even earlier than published, which was nice for the early risers. At check-out I was asked about my stay and room comfort and I just mentioned the sink in the room requires some attention. The front desk manager apologized in depth for the "sink problem" and lowered my rate substantially all by herself! Wow! And I just mentioned it, since I was asked ... All in all great overnight stay, will come again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Let me start by saying that the La Quinta chain has me spoiled rotten and most locations stand up to my fairly tough scrutiny.
Check in was great although I did not receive my Elite member treats (so not a big deal, really).
It went on to be a pretty great stay; property is nice, clean, very quiet.
I called for late check out, as I often do since most of my work is done on the computer and late at night, I tend to be a night owl, and was told that the "quota" for late check outs had been met and that I should have called earlier. She gave me an additional half and hour. I asked "for Elite members, as well?" and was told "yes".

I barely got that first sentence of this review out when my room phone rang. After a bogus and lengthy explanation I was given a 1pm check out. (I say bogus because come on, really? As if I'm not intelligent enough to know that all you've done is relay what the manager or boss has drummed into you guys as an explanation when you've torqued off an elite member?)
There are purposely no names mentioned in this review. I won't fault a very nice staff for relaying ridiculous rules that they have no control over.

Now we come to the worst part and the reason I'm dinging them a star. My partner went to make coffee and the coffee maker (which is attached to the wall by some contraption) is full of dust, hair and what appeared to be cardboard shavings... gross.

So, basically what I'm feeling is that if I were not a rewards member I would have been booted at noon. I stay in a La Quinta in Las Vegas that has me automatically set up for 3pm check out every time I stay. Wonder what the difference is or is it just crappy customer service at one and stellar service at another... I'm afraid I shall never know.

Peace and I'm out,
Chelle

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chelle D
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I arrived at this property, dead tired from traveling and the first thing I noticed was the nicely landscaped grounds. Lots of ferns and trees made it look like an oasis.

The property was easy to locate. The parking lot is very tight if you have a large rig like a camper or big-rig or truck w/trailer. Their trees are not pruned so to allow trailer'd vehicles many parking opportunities. Also, the lot was packed.

The person at check-in was sitting slumped in a chair behind the counter as I approached, he didn't make much of an effort to get up. I joked by saying, "sorry, break time’s over, time to go to work". I didn't look at all like he was in a joking mood (I found out later why he had such a poor attitude). As the check-in progressed the phone didn't stop ringing (he didn't pick it up for a long time either). After a while he did finally grab the phone and begin telling the caller that "it will be fixed soon, it takes time, don't worry, it will be warm in a while..." I thought he was talking about the hot tub or the pool... I didn't give it much thought.

Checked in to my room (right next to the elevator and ice machine (oh well, it happens sometimes), and after some TV (nice flat screen tv with good working remote), hit the sack at 9pm...... Comfortable bed and pillows.

Then, at 5:15 AM... I was awakened by this wicked sound, chomp-crash-chomp-chomp-crash... Somebody was breaking up the ice in the ice machine. I cracked my door and saw a hotel employee jabbing a pole into the ice compartment apparently breaking it up. It went on for 5 min with no sign of slowing down. I called the front desk and, as politely as I could muster, insisted they stop, and pointed out IT WAS 5 IN THE MORNING. One minute later it stopped.

I drifted off to blissful sleep... At 5:45 I was awakened by loud conversation that seemed to be right at my door. I peeped thru the peep-hole and saw two hotel employees leaning against the ice machine chatting away loudly.

So after tossing and turning for the next half hour I got up figuring on making the best of it and getting an early start. Oh, but the fun wasn't over folks, not by a long shot. After letting the water run for 5 minutes, there was no hot water. I called the front desk again and was told, "yeah, there's no hot water this morning, we're having a plumbing problem", she said, "it will be fixed soon, it takes time, don't worry, it will be warm in a while", and remembering the my check-in the night before, I was not enthusiastic about getting a hot morning shower today.

The adventure continues...

Downstairs, the folks milling around the continental breakfast area looked, well, irritated. I headed straight for the coffee thinking, I don't care what is going on I need some coffee, no, a lot of coffee. Passing the muffins, the cereal, the mini-fridge w/little yogurts, I noticed there was almost nothing there. My eyes scanned for the familiar cylinder with the little handle on top that dispensed the nasty black coffee I needed so badly. Spotted it! I grabbed a cup and stuffed it under the dispenser, pumped the handle, and nothing but spurt-spurt. Oh my god, they're out of coffee. I stopped the attendant and asked for more and she said it's coming soon. Ok, I said, and sat down. For ten minutes i sat there staring at the empty coffee pumpers like my dog sits in my kitchen staring at me while I'm cooking. I watched her systematically bring refills of bananas, yogurts, muffins, and other items of food till finally the coffee came. Then, like it was feeding time at the zoo, everybody seemed to go for the pumpers at the same time. Apparently i wasn't the only one that may have been jerked awake during REM sleep and missed their morning hot shower.

Upon check-out. I asked for the GM so I could complained to someone who's actually responsible but unfortunately she wasn't there (mid week at 8am, during crisis in her hotel???), and the woman apologized, and I wanted some kind of credit voucher. The lady agreed and said "sorry, we're all out of vouchers, see..." and showed me an empty folder (huh?) then explained its been a busy morning.... I took a long sip of the magical mud in my cup, followed by a deep breath, and settled for the GM's business card. I told her I'll follow up later.
Variety is truly the spice of life.

I've called the hotel a few times this week asking for the GM (H Alexander Oh), but was told he was not available. I'll keep trying.

Room Tip: Maybe call ahead and ask if the hot water is working?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Danny_OI812
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Sit in a very nice area. Quiet. Rooms very clean and spacious. Front desk needs to give clearer directions to rooms. No numbers outside and only two entry doors. I'm sure this is for security purposes which is fine with me. Morning "Bright" breakfast was good. Just right for hitting the road. Pet friendly. Lots of areas to walk your dog.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

First time at the La Quinta Hotel in Ontario California, nice hotel, comfortable bed, clean, nice breakfast and atmosphere!

Room Tip: Just a nice place to stay
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple