“Nice Property - Poor Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
“Nice Property - Poor Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Not necessarily a Holiday Inn fan, but this hotel was great. It was clean, and bright, and well maintained. It was also very convenient to the airport without being right on top of it and listening to airplanes landing and taking off. Decent restaurants right nearby within walking distance. The breakfast lacked selection and didn't look too good. Choose to go to Cracker Barrel instead.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sierra Madre, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

My room was right above the conference room where a birthday party with a live band had been booked. At 9:30, when I was getting ready to go to bed, I heard music and thought it might be coming from one of the rooms in my hallway (I did not know about the live band at that time). I called down to the front desk and was told that there was a birthday party going on until 11:00 with a band in the conference room. That would be another hour and a half. At that time, the music volume wasn't TOO bad (although it was rock with a lot of bass, and I am a classical music lover). As expected, as time wore on, the music (especially the bass) began to get louder. Finally, I called down to the front office again and asked if I could be moved to another room because the noise was so loud I couldn't sleep. But, there were no other rooms available. The front desk clerk said the music would end at 11:30 (no longer 11:00). I said that I would therefore like to have the room comped, to which he replied that he would have to ask his manager and would call me right back. Half an hour later, he called back (if I had fallen asleep, I was now awakened by his call) to say that they could comp half the room cost. By this time, it was 10:30, so I thought okay, I can put up with this for one more hour and at least I'm getting half of the room charge comped. At 11:30, the music was even louder and didn't stop. At 12:10 a.m., the music was still going on and my window and floor were vibrating from the bass (I am not exaggerating). So, I called back down to the front desk and asked if they could please ask the band to stop playing because it was after 11:30. I was told that the band had been given permission to continue playing until 1:00 a.m.. I was staying at this Holiday Inn because I was attending a weekend board meeting, but I was really only 45 minutes from home. When I was told 1:00 a.m., I threw in the towel, packed my bags, and drove home. I will NEVER stay at this place again unless I am forced to do so.

Room Tip: Don't stay above the conference room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rich G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Linda S,
First I would like to offer our sincere apologies for your inconvenience and frustration during your stay. Our number one priority is the comfort and satisfaction of our guest, in which we failed to provide for you. Social events are rare in our banquet facilities but do happen from time to time. Your feedback is greatly appreciated in which we strive to improve the quality of service we provide our guest. As part of the management team we have decided to discontinue providing space for any type of events in which involves music for social gatherings. I believe we have been in contact with your company regarding this issue. I would definitely like the opportunity to apologize in person as well as hopefully personally oversee a future reservation if you would give us a second chance to provide you with hotel accommodations in the future.
Petaluma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Reservation required payment, arrived and didn't have the room I paid for, no accomodation of type I reserved available. They offered one night in another hotel and return to their hotel for second night, absolutely the worst service I have ever had at a hotel. The front desk person said the only person in establishment who could change was the Manager. Front desk person even tried to argue that I had made a mistake in reservation, until I produced the email confirmation on my phone. Please beware with this establishment, they have no iintegrity.

Room Tip: Stay at any other hotel
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Larry P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We held a very larger meeting and the hotel was perfect from the hotel staff, meeting rooms and the accommodations. Cianna Fige who is the sales manager was by far the best I have ever worked with planning a meeting. She was very helpful from setting up all aspects of the meeting. She even was very in tuned to making sure we stayed within our budget. I also would like to thank Mike, Damien and Sergio. We had many last minute request and they made sure that they went above and beyond expectations. I look forward to working with this team in the future planning meetings,

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The breakfast area was very clean and organized. Staff very friendly, the gym was nice and clean. I really liked their cable options. The room was clean, it smelled a little like a smoking room but it was clean.

Ontario, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Every staff member that I encountered was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. Robert Garcia provided great check-in service and Vivian's breakfast was very good and the serving area was clean as well as the dining area. The mattress in my room needs upgrading. And I actually unplugged the noisy in-room refrigerator.

Very nice for a conference.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Mitch G,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I have taken note of your comments regarding the mattress and the refrigerator. I assure you the feedback we receive will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

very stylish for a conference style place good outdoor barbq not convenient to stores without a car though nice sunday church services close enough to metro exceptional huge breakfast

perfect for what it is