“Very helpful with fresh smelling rooms”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
“Very helpful with fresh smelling rooms”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Needed a phone charger and was helped immediately. Upon entering the room I was excited by the clean smell!!!!!!!!! Every time I have stayed here it was a good experience. Restaurants nearby as well......

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oakland, California
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Thank you Jeffery Vargas!!!

I have had nothing but GREAT service, clean, and comfortable accommodations each time I have stayed at the Ontario Holiday Inn off South Haven Ave. For business or personal travel I would recommend anytime.

Thank you again.

Amanda

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rich G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Amanda C,
Thank you for kind words in regards to your multiple stays here at the Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport and our team member Jeffrey. We do strive to provide a comfortable home away from home enviroment. We understand you have many choices for hotel accomodations and appreciate you choosing our hotel. We look foward to the next time we can "make life easy" for you again!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 20, 2013

As someone who works for a Fortune 500 company and is responsible for organizing and executing events throughout Southern California, I have had my share of experiences at a number of venues. Recently, I was blown away by the outstanding experience and level of service I received from the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport.

As I was calling around checking availability and pricing for an upcoming event, I was introduced to Monique Yiatras in the sales department at the Holiday Inn. Her friendly and professional demeanor immediately put my mind at ease. She asked a lot of questions to thoroughly understand our company's needs, as well as our budgetary constraints.

Throughout the conversation, she made suggestions to help us stay under budget and run a more productive meeting. She invited me to visit the property and meet with her to discuss more details.

Upon meeting Monique, it became clear that she was now my partner in coordinating this event. She was always thinking outside the box and working to make my life easier. She understood our company's expectations and wanted to exceed them.

In the weeks leading up to the event, Monique stayed in communication regarding deadlines, payments, and finalizing menus and headcounts. We conducted a walk-through prior to the event to finalize all the last details - positioning of the podium and projector, how many chairs at each table, placement of refreshments, etc. I left feeling 100% confident in the execution of the event.

On the day of, things went off without a hitch. I was introduced to three hotel employees who were assigned to my event: Mike, Damien, and Roselito. These three gentleman were amazing and truly went above and beyond to ensure the event was a success.

Not only did they attend to their regular duties by setting up the room and the audio/visual equipment, they helped me place handouts at all 120 seats! Let me point out, that I did not ask for their help - they insisted! In fact, I had asked one of my own co-workers/meeting attendees to help me place the documents on each seat before the meeting began. Mike and Damien over heard the conversation and said they'd be happy to do it, as to not burden the attendee.

Before I could turn around, they had placed the documents on each seat and were asking if I needed help with anything else. They accommodated all of my last minute adjustments and requests, and did so with a smile.

Mike, Damien, and Roselito were all extremely polite and helpful. They responded quickly to any request and also offered suggestions to help the meeting run smoothly. At our lunch break, they proactively changed the batteries in the microphones and did a quick cleaning (vacuuming and all) of the refreshment area. If they saw me out of the meeting room at any time, they immediately asked if I was looking for them or if I needed something.

To know that I had these amazing people on my team, helping me run this event, and looking out for my best interest, was priceless. They exceeded all of my expectations, and did so at a very reasonable cost! The top executives were so impressed by the venue, meeting space, and food and beverages choices, that we've already committed to hosting our next event at this location.

A huge thank you to Monique, Mike, Damien, and Roselito for helping me execute a flawless event at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear LShak87,
Thank you for your wonderful accolades for our banquet team here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Ontario Airport. From Monique to Mike, Damien and Roselito, I have seen this team fulfill the needs of our clients and hotel guest then go above and beyond those needs to make sure an event is successful. It is very encouraging to hear such kind praise for this hard working team and we look foward to being your host hotel again for your next event. Once again we would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel and team members!
Oceanside, California
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed two nights. Great location and clean environment. But the best part of our stay was the friendly staff. Particularly Jeffery. He was very kind, honest and showed incredible customer service skills! My husband didn't realize that he had lost his iPhone. He thought he had left it in the car. But no. We decided to check at the front desk. Thank God for honest people! And thank you Jeffery for being a man with integrity and honor! We appreciate your kindness and hope and pray that you are rewarded for your exceptional customer service skills! Joseph & Diane Clements :)

• Stayed November 2013
Dear DiClem,
Thank you dearly for your wonderful compliment of Jeffrey, a valued member of my front desk team, and of your hotel accomodations. We are happy to hear of your great stay and happy your husband's iphone was turned in so Jeffrey was able to return to its rightful owner. It is refreshing when a guest decides to share their great experience with other travelers as we strive to be the best hotel in our area. Once again many thanks for taking the time to provide Jeffrey and the Holiday Inn Express with a pat on the back.
Houston
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had to stay here on my way out town so I could catch a early morning flight. The hotel seemed very nice for this type of hotel. The room is what really surprised me. The furniture in the room was no nasty, I would not even sit in it. The couch bottom cushions were from another couch... you have see the photos... and the chair in the room was so dirty and stained it was nothing I wanted to sit on.

The hotel and room was clean and had no other complaints but if the sofa wears out... GET A NEW ONE!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Craig S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room furniture. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was a very pleasant stay. Vivian made coming down to breakfast very enjoyable. She was very polite and helpful, pleasant attitude. We were there for a week, it was an enjoyable stay. We arrived on a Sunday and stayed until Friday. I love that it is right off the interstate. I wish there were more eating places in the area but , I love that it was right off the interstate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The breakfast at this location is fantastic!! Smells like home, very clean in with a variety of items to pick. Vivian's Bacon IS THE BEST!!!! crispy and delicious, she was always making sure that the food was warm and keeping the area and tables clean!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business