“Bad luck or trend?”

Holiday Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed at this property at least twice a year since it has opened it's doors. This last stay was simply snake bit. First room was located on the fourth (top) floor. It was a great looking room until one attempts to go to sleep. The fans on the roof were so loud that I didn't realize just how loud I had turned the TV up to drown out the sound. I was move to another room in a lower floor. It was considerable more quiet. The staff seemed to act like this is not an unusual occurrence. They moved me to a room with double beds. No reduction in rate ($110/ night) was not offer even though it was available through trip advisor. My new room was fine. The wifi is extremely sketchy. The proximity to the Ontario airport and the nice staff keeps me coming back but for how long......Oh one more, maintenance must only come after 5. The shower head in my new room was coming apart. I reported it when I left for the day and again when I left for dinner. The maintenance man showed up at 8:30 pm to do something and took it with him. It's now almost 9, he hasn't returned. The restaurant serves pretty good food and the workout equipment is standard issue. Do Not Stay on top floor if you are semi light sleeper.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear OmahaCincyKid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Located off of I10 it's near many restaurants, stores and a large mall about 2 miles east on I10.
I traveled with my family for a softball tournament in the area.
I was able to get a "Best Rate" of $89 per night for 3 nights. (Well worth it)
Hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and beds comfortable.
We were given a room on the 4th floor but the A/C unit was not working properly at the time.
I asked for another room and they gladly moved us to the 2nd floor where everything worked as intended. The pool was being renovated at the time, but we were given pool access at their sister hotel The Raddison which was located across the street along with shuttle service. My family and I took advantage of the restaurant/bar in the lobby during Happy Hour from 4 to 7pm and the food was GREAT! "Best chicken wings I've had in a longtime dad" said my daughter !
I will be staying here again if we attend another tournament in the area.

Room Tip: This Hotel hosts events like, weddings, parties etc etc. Rooms on the westside of the hotel are qu...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Madtown99;

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that your enjoyed your stay, our staff and Landings Restaurant.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the A/C not working in your first room.

We are very happy you enjoyed the food and that your daughter like the Chicken Wings. We would be happy to accommodate you for all of your Softball Tournaments.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located off I10, it is a nice place to stay. It is a safe neighborhood, The AAA was $79 and the room was spacious. Though I didn't eat or drink there, the lobby bar/restaurant seemed lively and the customers were enjoying themselves. Avoid the Marie Calendars that is next door; its pretty bad.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Tempe_Sun_Devil,

Thank you for your very nice review. We are pleased that our AAA rate was reasonable for you. We hope the next time you stay you will have time to eat and drink in our restaurant.

We hope to see you on your return trip to Ontario.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I fly in and out of Ontario on a regular basis and this is typically where I stay. I always enjoy staying at this location because the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is decorated nicely and always very clean. I usually end up eating dinner at the hotel bar because the food is always top notch and the bartender is pretty awesome. The only negative would be the breakfast. The wait staff seems very disorganized and the food is mediocre at best. I usually eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Beth K,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that you stay with us during your many trips to Ontario. Thank you for letting us know that the staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and that the food is always top notch. We will pass on y our wonderful comments to the staff.

We do apologize that you eat breakfast elsewhere. We will work closely with our morning staff to ensure every guest receives the best customer service.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ontario.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights with my wife and kids.

It's Holiday Inn but have to find hotel closed to Relative.

Good accommodation and nice room.

It's little bit pricy though.

I was looking for another accommodation in Rancho Cucamonga.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Steve_scot,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am happy that you liked your accommodation. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Nice rooms that are very spacious and very high ceilings. But very very slow Internet and some touch ups required on room details. Comfy beds and nicely decorated. I paid 124 which was better than the dump I stayed at in San Bernardino the night before. If the Internet was faster I'd give it 4 stars.
Overall, not that noisy even though located between airport and I10. Callander restaurant next door is good so venture over there for god meals.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Saskproud,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed our spacious rooms with high ceilings. We are in the process of upgrading our Internet as well as fine tuning our rooms.

We hope we will see you for your return visit to Ontario, California.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This used to be my go to airport/business hotel in Ontario. Stayed several times. Not anymore after my recent visit. Seems to have spiraled into the budget motel area code (without the accompanying rate). Slow internet (sometimes dreadfully slow), sketchy food and service in the restaurant, poorly equipped business center, inexperienced staff. The small touches the business traveler needs and expects have somehow gone lacking. There’s a lot of competition near ONT. Looks like I’ll be looking for more satisfying lodging on my next trip.

Room Tip: Room choice is of no concern. All seem to be equal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Daniel_W069,

Thank you for your review. Through these reviews online we are making strides to provide our guests with the highest of quality service. We will work closely with all staff to ensure that all guests are treated with the great customer service Holiday Inn Ontario Airport is known for. We are in the training several new employees at the hotel.
We are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet for all our guest rooms and common areas. Our business center has 1 computer and 1 printer/copier/fax for our guests use.
Landings Restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner. There is a fantastic menu and great daily specials.
We are making improvements to the hotel every day and we hope that you will stay with us on your return visit to Ontario and experience the wonderful service we are known for.