“Going Downhill Fast!”

Holiday Inn Ontario Airport
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am a Priority Club Platinum Member, and was greeted as such upon arrival. Stayed for 3 nights.

Room was fine in terms of cleanliness, bed, etc. The pillows are small, but not a deal breaker. That is where the OK/Average-ness of this hotel ends.

One previous reviewer noted that the bathtubs do not have non-slip coatings and no non-slip mats are offered. This has not changed and is a huge safety hazard! I put one of the smaller towels in the tub, like a bath mat, which made it safer to shower, but you still need to be careful.

First morning, I went down for breakfast (which was included in my room rate). I sat down, waited for 5-10 minutes, but no one ever waited on me. I had meetings to get to, so I left without being served or even acknowledged.

Second night, I flipped on the TV, did some channel surfing, and found that HBO and other channels came up as "No Signal". I had this same issue on a previous stay here, told the front desk, and upon returning later that day, was told it had been fixed. It still didn't work then, and it doesn't now.

Second morning, I went down for breakfast, sat in a booth, and waited 5 mins or so....again, no service and no acknowledgement. I left without eating - again.

Third morning I didn't even bother with the restaurant, I left and picked something up on the way to my meetings.

Did not try the pool, hot tub, or workout facilities, so cannot comment on those.

Air conditioning and heat are controlled by a small wall unit that is noisy, but does have a thermostat, rather than just the typical high/low fan settings.

Used the express checkout, as I was in no mood to even discuss this underwhelming experience with the hotel staff.

Two years ago, this was a great place to stay. I will not be coming back to this location - even though it is 2 minutes from my company's distribution center. I'm happy to stay farther away at a hotel that understands what customer service means.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear John W.;
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained. We are disappointed that your hotel stay was not satisfactory. Please contact us to discuss these issues in greater detail.

Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Ontario Airport

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Negotiated a rate with this hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are a little unigue in layout, but nice new hotel, super quiet, and a pleasent place to stay the night. If you get a chance spend the night, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Try to get a third or fourth floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear musjn;

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Ontario Airport. We are pleased that you negotiated a rate with us and find our hotel to be comfortable and quiet.

We look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Ontario.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and got a really cheap price via Hotwire. Doubt we would have chose to stay here otherwise....but luckily it was a newer HI. Check in was lack luster, the guy had no personality and was on the phone the whole time while he checked us in. The room was a nice size BUT floors were dirty (feet got black) so I was really disappointed since I had my 16 month old and 5 yr old.....we will not allow crawling on the floors!! Plus all the cribs/playards were taken....so yeah. There is a very limited selection of food and nothing really in the refreshments area....so luckily again we were only there 1 night. Bath products are bath & body so that was nice but biggest complaint was tub/shower! So slippery and dangerous! No safety tape at bottom of tub and being pregnant I had to rinse the tub out good and hold in for dear left. Sure enough when my 5 yr old stepped in he did slip a little....so that not good. Bed was comfy and tv was a nice size....no view. Wouldn't stay here again by choice but if I won it on Hotwire again for that low price id be fine with it. No free breakfast at this location...

• Stayed: February 2013
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear littledumpling;

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about the positive and negative experience during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our guests experiences meet their expectations. We do apologize that your check in experience did not meet your expectations. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular basis and we do apologize if all of our cribs were being used. We are centrally located, with a restaurant and lounge on site. We provide a complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius. We will discuss the issue you experienced in the bath tub with our Maintenance Staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

First of all, I have no real complaints about the room itself or the condition of the room. It is standard, clean, and comfortable. Now, I am a frequent traveler, very loyal to the Priority Club brand (Platinum Elite). I seldom post a negative review of a place, but this one deserves it. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here again if it meant dealing with the employee who handled my check in. I'm serious, I don't have the patience!! Rude, brash, and non-caring. Even worse, I provided some honest and professional feedback to the General Manager of the property, who chose not to respond. Lots of hotels in the area, no need to continue with this one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear autiger3313,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We have a very professional staff throughout the hotel, please accept my sincere apology that you did not receive the best customer service when you checked in at our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from all guests it is taken seriously and used for training to ensure these issues do not happen in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I think this hotel should be called the "out of order" Holiday Inn.

Very nice lobby and nice rooms, however, when I went downstairs for breakfast this morning, there was an employee at the front of the restaurant telling the guests that they were out of food, that they had not received the food delivery and all they had was cereal?!

Tonight when I walked to the fitness room, next to the elevator is a laundry room. Right on top of a washing machine was a sign stating "out of order" and finally when I got to the fitness room, all three treadmills had "out of order" signs on them.

To me, all this disrepair shows a poorly run hotel.

Unless management changes I won't come back. There are way too many other options available.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Shari H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Mrtonothorns,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with the washing machine and the treadmills not working during your stay. We are working diligently on having these machines repaired.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Beautiful hotel, very clean, great friendly staff. I have stayed here several times & will continue to choose holiday inn Ontario for my hotel stays. Hotel is very kept up with almost like new, very convenient to freeways, convention center, & local restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Tommysgirl121,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are extremely pleased that you enjoy our hotel and our staff. Thank you for continuing to stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Check-in was great -- the front desk staffer was very nice and provided us with waters and granola snack bars -- very thoughtful! The lobby is very nice, and the rooms are well appointed too. We were very pleased. We were staying for just one night -- attending an Ontario Reign hockey game the night we checked in, then leaving by 9 the next morning to get to downtown LA in time to beat traffic, parking issues, etc. for the Kings opening day/banner raising at Staples Center. When we got back from the Ontario Reign game around 10 pm (centrally located to that arena, BTW), there was a form letter from the hotels saying that water needed to be shut off from 6 to 7:30 am the next day. A little inconvenient, but we didn't think it was disrupt our morning schedule too much. However, at 8:15, when I went to take a shower, the water still was not on. I called the front desk and she said it would be another 5 minutes. However, at 8:20, the water was still not on, and two of us had to be ready and checked out by 9 -- we couldn't wait to see if the water would turn on. When we left our room with our bags shortly before 9, the water still was not on. When we checked out, the same woman I spoke to on the phone was handling check-out. She made no mention about the water shutoff. We had to inform her that that water was still off and that we were promised it would have been back on by 8:20. She claimed that it was going to be on soon, but that did us no good, and she had no sympathy for the fact that we didn't have enough water to flush the toilet, and it was barely a trickle to brush our teeth. She said the city forced them to do the shutoff, which I understand, for whatever the reason was, but to do it during a period of time when people are trying to get ready for the day seems crazy. Why not late at night, in the middle of the night, or after check-out?
What bothered us most is there was no sincere attempt to rectify the issue with the hotel patrons, at least with us. I am a Priority Club member, and this now turns me off of wanting to stay with Holiday Inn if it means that the hotel will do what they can to book rooms without consideration for what they are asking their guests to put up with. There are a couple Holiday Inn Express hotels nearby; they could have offered guests the opportunity to move to a sister hotel the night before the water shut-off -- there should have been some kind of contingency plan, or at least a way to compensate for the lack of a critical resource. It was upsetting that there was no empathy and that it was something that we had to put up with, as if we were being selfish.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear VancouverWannabe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that please accept my sincere apology for the water shortage you experienced during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.