“Worst Indian food and service”

Bombay Indian Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 322 Restaurants in Ontario
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East D Street
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were a big party of around 30 people from out of town school and had worst experience in terms of food and service. I had ordered the Bomaby special Thali (non veg) and was pricey.Not even a single dish in the Thali was flavorful. Naans were not cooked properly. Worst Gulab Jamun(sweet dumpling) ever was hard and small.
Only saving grace was Samosa not part of Thali though.
There was too much use of food colorings. Cilantro-mint chutney was extra green never seen such green color of chutney, butter chicken was too red and yellow colored items were too yellow. We tasted each other items and all were equally bad.
Shahi panner was like scambled eggs and too much yellow colored. Never seen Shahi paneer in scrambled eggs form.
The gentlemen taking orders was probably owner was not able to handle big crowd and was annoyed easily.
Will not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We visited this restaurant two nights in a row for dinner. The servers were always polite, and the gentleman who poured the water was very attentive. We ordered the saag aloo twice; the flavors were amazing, and it went well with rice and naan. Mild was just spicy enough for our taste. The daal makhani was alright, but the flavors didn't pop the way our other dish did.

1  Thank singsinthecar
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the Bhindi Masala & Chicken Dopiaza for take out. The owner was friendly and polite, but the food was for a lack of better terms...disguising. Very disappointed in the flavor of the food, quality of meat, and it was soaked in grease. I will not be returning nor do I recommend

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Although it seemed better known for it's lunch buffet, we ate dinner at Bombay because it was close to our hotel. The menu had many choices, and the food was very good. The servers were attentive. The prices just a little bit higher than in some other Indian restaurants, but they were not out of line for a nice dining experience with linen tablecloths and nicely dressed servers. They had a decent selection of beer and wine and a full bar also.

1  Thank Kleetampa
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I walked over here from the Comfort Suites for the buffet lunch, and was pleasantly surprised. Being a vegan, I asked which items had no dairy, and found enough good food to satisfy my appetite. In addition, they made me some vegan naan-like bread at no charge. But the best part was after they presented me with the bill: as I was about to pay, they came back out with a smaller bill, explaining that since I had not eaten much, they did not want me to pay full price. Who does that? I walked out full and with a smile.

1  Thank LeftCoastRider