“Average room with no guest care”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Breakfast is average, but they were out of syrup and nuts for oatmeal. parking pot is small so we had to park in the mall parking lot each night. We originally had a reservation at a different Hampton, but chose this one because they had a hot tub. On the first full day of our stay we were gone from 8:30 am- 1:30 am because we went to a theme park. Before leaving I asked that we get some clean towels as we didn't need the room cleaned. We returned after a long day to find the same dirty towels and no clean ones. The next morning we went to go use the hot tub. I turned on the jets and nothing was coming out of them, which was due to all the baskets being full of leaves. My feet were still sore enough to get in and not care about the jets, but the hot tub had cold water as cold as the pool. So I might as well have kept my reservation at the Covina hotel since I got no use out of the hot tub. That hotel also doesn't charge for fridge and micro and this one does...diabetics beware. Upon talking to the front desk manager he gave us one free night for the inconvenience apart of their 100% satisfaction guarantee, but that didn't make it any more worth the trouble.

• Stayed: September 2012
Hilary A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I am so sorry that we did not meant your expectations during your stay. I sincerely appreciate your feed back as this helps us to grow and become stronger at not only the service we provide but the ability to rectify a situation before someone else has to experiance it. Our spa has been fixed and the jets are on their way! I would love a moment to speak with you in person if possible. I left a messag with my contact information yesterday, so whenever you have time, I am available for you. We want every guest's stay to be perfect, and work hard each day to try to make that happen. I am very sorry that we were not able to make it right before you left our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites is located in the parking lot of Ontario Mills. There are several restaurants within walking distance as well as a good outlet mall right across the way.

The rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable with a choice of pillow firmness. Most importantly, everything was clean and well maintained.

I always enjoy the added benefit of breakfast in the morning, and this Hampton is no different. You have a choice of cereals, oatmeal, toast, and a hot selection (pre-made omelet, sausage, potatoes, etc.) The coffee is always hot and plentiful. There are also cookies upon check-in and several servings of coffee in the room. The breakfast hostess was also very pleasant and friendly. Always nice to be welcomed with a smile.

Rooms seem to be on the mall side and street side. I stayed on the street side and could hear some traffic. The AC is also fairly loud as it cycles on and off, so if you're sensitive to noise, this may not be the hotel for you. I personally prefer the buzz of AC to hearing people talk.

My only complaint about the hotel is the TV. Compared to others, the screen was small, and the picture was not very good. The wifi worked well, though, and comes with the room at no additional charge.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the mall side rather than the street side for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and the team. I really appreciate your feed back regarding the television channel quality. We actually just upgraded to the new HD channels and have added a few additional channels like HGTV, The Food Network and more. We do understand that sleepig at a hotel is never as quiet as home so we offer ear plugs at the front desk an would be more then happy to accomodate any request you might have regarding a room location if that helps. Let us know what we can do to ensure your comfort. Thanks again and see you soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stay at lots of Hampton Inn's across the Country on business. I chose this one due to closeness to airport, but wish I had arrived earlier to enjoy walking around the Mills Outlet mall. Outback Steakhouse right across street and lots of other options for eating. Room is very typical Hampton Inn, minus the frig. No airport noise - which isn't always the case near airports. Agree was odd to have to park in mall parking lot, but wasn't a long walk, just odd - and felt very safe. Did find it a bit odd that they don't have an airport shuttle - but they are an exit away from airport. Wasn't an issue as had a car - but for those who count on shuttles, you should know this. Overall, very predictable Hampton Inn - which is a good thing.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen S
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our location at the mall and three miles from the airport allows us to cater to all types of travelers. I appreciate your kind words and I hope to have you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stay at hotels about 40-50 nights per year and typically use Hiltons for two reasons. One, they typically have a pretty good quality, fair pricing and treat their Honors members pretty good. I have a standing request on my reservations that I be given a room on a high floor away from any elevators. This hotel placed me in the room directly next to the elevator. At first, I didn't notice, but after the hotel got quiet about midnight, I heard the hum and rattle of the elevator all night long..and I mean ALL NIGHT LONG...no sleep. Of course, discovering this around midnight does not make for a good time to ask for another room. You could be wondering if I was given this room because the hotel was full, but no...the hotel was almost empty.

This could also be the reason that the breakfast was nasty. Every hot item either I or my daughter tried was rubbery and chewy. It's very obvious that there is no quality control and the eggs and turkey sausage were placed in the warmer at 6 in the morning and never changed...they just sat there until someone took a bite and then threw them away. I have never been in a hotel where every single person at breakfast complained about the food. We went there at 8:30AM and I'm sure the food was there since before dawn..it was, as my daughter put it, the "most gross thing" she's ever attempted to eat.

The room itself had its own problem. The a/c which was a wall unit, cranked out the air so hard that you were either incredibly hot or near hypothermic from coldness. It cycled constantly all night long. Overall a horrible experience. After we checked out, I immediately cancelled my upcoming reservation that I had for this hotel for the next week and booked the hotel next door. Hopefully, they will actually take the time to read requests and at least pretend to try to make their guests comfortable.

Room Tip: Best tip is to look at another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Jon L
LeAuna W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I understand that you did not get the experience you deserved. I value each and every guest, Hilton Honors or not, that stays at our property and the feedback that I received from your review will help me to improve our property. I hope to have you stay with us again and I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We travel to the west coast every October from the UK and for the last 8 years we have stayed at least one night here. Great stop over location on the way to/ back from Vegas, plenty of shopping nearby, some good family restaurants and as usual for a Hampton this is always clean, staff always friendly and helpful and always make you welcome. Queen suites rooms are good value for money, only slight gripe is car park is small, but you can always park in the adjacent mall car park. Hopefully will be back in 5 months

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I greatly appreciate all your kind words and I am so happy to have you return every year. The staff at this hotel creates a bond with our guest that is rarely seen and I am proud to have them. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We just stayed 2 nights at this hotel. I don't agree that it is outdated and needs to be updated. We have stayed at Hampton Inn's all across the country and I think this one ranks close to the top, as far as condition goes. We had a nice room that looked fairly new. The carpets looked new. I was impressed. Granted, the rooms are smaller than most Hampton Inn's (including the bathroom) but it was fine.

The surrounding area is great! Lots of places to eat. It's on the "circle" to a mall that has Gap Outlet, Marshall's, Polo and many more stores. You can walk behind the hotel to Outback's or go one exit NORTH on 15 and be at a LOT of places at Victoria Gardens (outdoor mall). Very convenient to the interstate.

The only drawback.... parking. There are only a small number of cars that can fit in the front spaces. You have to cross the 4 lane "circle road" and park in the mall parking lot. Not a big problem unless it's raining like it was today in sunny CA. ha!

Overall... I was impressed with the hotel. The staff was MUCH friendlier than most.

Stay here! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank debtoe
LeAuna W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you plan another trip that will lead you in our direction. It was so wonderful to read your comments. I will share your posting with my entire staff. We hope to see you soon and please continue to stay with the Hilton Family of hotels!!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 nights this past January and was satisfied with my stay, but like others have reported, I did expect more from a Hampton Inn, this place is show its age! However, the service was wonderful, and it was clean, the WIFI was ok, and it was quiet. Easy access to freeways as well as restaurants and shopping. Parking is a little annoying though.

They did indicate at check-in they were in the process of updating, so I would likely stay again to see how it all turned out!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure to read about how you enjoyed your stay. We have recently finished our renovation and I would love to have you back to see all the wonderful upgrades! We hope to see you soon!

Le'Auna Williams