“I don't agree with the past few posts.....”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We just stayed 2 nights at this hotel. I don't agree that it is outdated and needs to be updated. We have stayed at Hampton Inn's all across the country and I think this one ranks close to the top, as far as condition goes. We had a nice room that looked fairly new. The carpets looked new. I was impressed. Granted, the rooms are smaller than most Hampton Inn's (including the bathroom) but it was fine.

The surrounding area is great! Lots of places to eat. It's on the "circle" to a mall that has Gap Outlet, Marshall's, Polo and many more stores. You can walk behind the hotel to Outback's or go one exit NORTH on 15 and be at a LOT of places at Victoria Gardens (outdoor mall). Very convenient to the interstate.

The only drawback.... parking. There are only a small number of cars that can fit in the front spaces. You have to cross the 4 lane "circle road" and park in the mall parking lot. Not a big problem unless it's raining like it was today in sunny CA. ha!

Overall... I was impressed with the hotel. The staff was MUCH friendlier than most.

Stay here! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank debtoe
LeAuna W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you plan another trip that will lead you in our direction. It was so wonderful to read your comments. I will share your posting with my entire staff. We hope to see you soon and please continue to stay with the Hilton Family of hotels!!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 nights this past January and was satisfied with my stay, but like others have reported, I did expect more from a Hampton Inn, this place is show its age! However, the service was wonderful, and it was clean, the WIFI was ok, and it was quiet. Easy access to freeways as well as restaurants and shopping. Parking is a little annoying though.

They did indicate at check-in they were in the process of updating, so I would likely stay again to see how it all turned out!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It was a pleasure to read about how you enjoyed your stay. We have recently finished our renovation and I would love to have you back to see all the wonderful upgrades! We hope to see you soon!

Le'Auna Williams

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We are not Hilton people, but when we travel within the U.S. we find the Hamptons a step above the competition. This time again we were not disappointed. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and were dismayed to see the small parking lot completely occupied and tons of teenagers dressed up or dressed down in their costumes standing in the parking lot. Well, Brandon, the Assistant General Manager assured us at check-in not to worry. He said there was some sort of young people activity away from the area, but hotels even far out as this one had been booked by them. He had us upgraded as Gold members to a very nice mini suite at the end of the hallway away from anything and he offered to assist us at any time if the kids were to get rowdy and/or rancorous. Well they didn't, but the offer was generous. He recognized us at breakfast and I thanked him for his graciousness. Good for Hampton Inns to have such wonderful front desk staff. There was another gentlemen, whose name I can't remember, but he was on duty Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning, kind of a Amrican Football hunk, very pleasant and very helpful indeed. Hats off. The room was great, my pet peave : the windows could be opened, we slept like kittens. The freeway is nearby and it is noisy enough to drown the airplane noise from the airport, but being from Tokyo, we were quite comfortable with it. The bed was comfortable, staff replaced the sheets upon request, although policy is to keep them for three days. Towels were comfortable, although I noticed this time they are marked Hampton Inn on the label, used to be Hilton. Maybe they stepping down in quality, not as cushy anymore. Not sure. Internet was free for us, TV had plenty of channels. Parking, as I mentioned before, was initially impossible, but when we came back on Saturday night we found a couple of spots and Sunday was wide open. The hotel did provide a printed parking permit which authorized everyone to park at the Ontario Mills parking lot. Which leads to another plus for this hotel, it's next door to a fabulous outlet mall, just steps away. Tons of restaurants as well. Breakfast at the Hampton Inn was plentiful, cereals, muffins, yoghurt, hot sausage and French toast sticks, juices and coffee. A satisfied stay thanks to Brandon and his crew.

Room Tip: Stay on the good side of Brandon, the Assistant General Manager!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank WEISSBIER
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I take great pride in the staff that we have and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our first priority is to make sure that all of our guest are well taken care of to the best of our ability. Brandon Wellbrock our Assistant General Manager is just one shining example of the great staff we have at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I look forward to having you as our valued guest in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am a big Hampton Inn fan but was a little disappointed in this property. I should have been suspicious since the prices are lower than most other Hampton Inns.

First the good:
location convenient and surrounded by shopping and restaurants
Service: friendly and helpful
Price: PAID ABOUT $70AVERAGE PER NIGHT

Then the not so good:
Parking: parking lot was full so had to park at the adjacent mall.
Condition of room: smaller than any other room I have stayed at in a Hampton Inn
Needed rennovation, bathtub was chipped and had a stain, grout appeared to be dirty on
shower wall. No refrigerator or microwave in our room. Furniture seemed older.
Towels: towels seemed lower quality than I have come to expect, scratchy & coarse
Noise: both from busy roadway outside and from hallway and other rooms

Still it had most everything I needed, which I expect at a Hampton Inn. Decent breakfast, fitness center, free internet access with free printing. Comfortable bed and a nice comforter.

I might stay here again if I was alone and not planning to spend much time in my room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Becky S
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Terrific location at the Hampton Inn located in the parking lot of the Ontario Mills shopping mall. Lots of restaurants nearby - many within walking distance. This hotel is about 10 minutes or less from the Ontario airport. The lobby looks recently renovated and is in good shape. Staff was not wearing any kind of uniform and was not particularly friendly unfortunately. Didn't recognize HHonors status. (although they did upgrade me to what they classify as a "suite" -- somewhat larger room with dorm-fridge and microwave.)

Old tube style televisions and older furnishings. Bathroom in need of renovation to be on-par with other hotels in the Hampton family. Probably wouldn't stay here again given the fact that there is a Hyatt Place next door and I believe they deliver a more consistent product.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your comment. I am happy to say that our hotel will undergo a remodel this quarter! We will have some nice new additions to the property and I would love for you to come back and see our improvements. We value every guest and know that you have other choices for your hotel needs. Thank you for your visit and I hope you return.

Le'Auna Williams
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Across the street from Ontario Mills shopping mall; free breakfast, free internet, free parking. Can get to Hotel via 3 different freeways...Hwy. 210, Hwy. 60, and Hwy. 10. Lots of eateries around the Hotel to pick from.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Being located at the Ontario Mills Mall certainly has its advantages. And the variety of restaurants in the area gives you a taste of everything. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Hampton Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Hampton Inn and Suites in Ontario, California, because of it's location near Ontario Mills Shopping Center attracts mainly business clientele. It is clean, the staff is very professional and helpful. Our check in was very easy. We were new to the area and had a lot of questions regarding restaurants, directions to other areas in the city and always found that we could depend on the staff to assist us. The hotel has 91 rooms with either king beds or two queen beds, non smoking or smoking. Internet access is available, each room has a large working table, coffee makers and some rooms offer a full sized refrigerator.

The breakfast in the morning consists of eggs, a hot meal item, breads, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, and tea. In the evenings hot homemade cookies are waiting for customers. Coffee and tea is always available. The breakfast area is clean, well maintained, with lots of tables. The hotel is a smaller Hampton Inns and Suite and very well maintained.

The rooms are large with very comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. The rooms are equipped with irons and boards and nice sized TV. Our room was very clean, carpet was well maintained as were all the hallways in the hotel. They offer an exercise room and pool. Parking is very limited at hotel, however, they have an agreement with the Ontario Mills Shopping Center for the overflow with a parking permit issued by the hotel to park at the center.

The property is at the Ontario Mills Shopping Center with lots of shopping and restaurants. It is located about 15 to 20 minutes from the Ontario Airport. When we return to the area, we would return to this property.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
LeAuna W, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for a great review Cecile!

We loved having you stay with us. We have made great efforts to improve the experience the guest receives and it has paid off. I look forward to having you as a guest when you return.

Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario Staff