“Really good diner. No surprises.”
Review of Spires Restaurant

Spires Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 390 Restaurants in Ontario
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Went to Spires twice with coworkers during my visit to Ontario. Really good diner food. I could tell there were some older guys who just show up, probably every day, to have some coffee and gossip.
Pastrami sandwich and broccoli and cheese soup was very good.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 23, 2019

We are regulars here, here's why: #1. They have different house made soups each day including Chicken Gumbo Soup on Sunday my personal Fav!
#2. You can order anything on the menu and you will not be disappointed; we have had everything from Burgers to Baby-back Ribs which are unbelievably meaty to Filet of Sole to Sirloin Steak to Pasta including Alfredo- breakfast lunch or dinner and it is always served hot to the table and presented nicely.
#3. Great appetizer menu Best Zucchini Sticks around!! Crusted In Panko made fresh to order, awesome onion rings, chicken wings etc.
#4 Awesome desert menu Sundaes & Banana Splits made to order, excellent-pies & cakes, homemade rice pudding...
#5 Daily Dinner Specials that include Soup & salad & desert & choice of dinner roll or garlic bread served every day for around $10.
This is our go-to Diner Style Coffee Shop and we have been going there for years. Only once have we had slow service and the waiter warned us in advance that they were short one cook and he was helping in the kitchen that night!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 20, 2019

I remember Spires as a good place for cheap, large portions. Things change and they are actually more expensive than warranted for a decent but not exceptional breakfast.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019

Came here with a multifamily group. Service was very accommodating. I appreciate the 70's decor of the diner, reminded me of how things used to be. Food was good/hearty. Prices were very fair. Overall, nice luncheon experience.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Want good food, quickly...head to Spires. It’s not fancy at all, in fact it’s definitely a bit old and outdated, but super friendly staff. We sat at the counter and was amazed at how fast the one cook was able to prepare meal after meal so quickly. And, it all came out looking really good. Our food was excellent.

Here are my 5 by 5 rating notes. Five stars (*) is best:

Will I return? Definitely

Reservations recommended? No

Parking situation? Plentiful

Date of visit: January 2019

Been to Spires Restaurant? Share your experiences!