“They have good salads”

Stone Oven - Gourmet Sandwiches and Salads
Ranked #50 of 322 Restaurants in Ontario
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed May 18, 2014

It can be tough to find vegetarian fare out there, but they make a nice salad that you can request they not put the chicken on. But their bread, oh my goodness, that is yummy. I ate the salad twice for dinner in the four nights I stayed in town.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I've been to this place. I have heard about it and now that I'm in California I wanted to try it. The concept of fresh out of the oven flat bread is great, nothing like fresh bread. This is a gourmet sandwich shop and not a deli sandwich shop where they'll pile the meat high on the bread, the selections of meat from BBQ beef brisket ( what I ordered ) to garlic & herb chicken. The sandwich was great!!! Price was accommodating for "gourmet" so not a $5 footling!!! I'm from California born and raised and now live in North Carolina and wish they had one near me. They had an A sanitation rating and the guy making the sandwhiches was always cleaning behind himself when he finished making a sandwhiche. This place was in a food court at the Ontario mills mall and looking around at the other places to eat I always go where the crowd is. And right now the crowd is at stone oven. Great food!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Mall food has started taking an upswing. However, while the sandwiches at Stone Oven are tasty, there sure isn't enough meat on them. At Stone Oven, one can build their own sandwich. However, it's a low level build. The bread is a tasty flatbread, however, since there is so little meat on the sandwich, it looses the idea of a sandwich. Now, I realize that these are "gourmet" sandwiches, and, I would admit they could be, if there was more meat on them. Certainly the bread selections are a step up from Subway or Blimpies, but when I order a turkey sandwich, I'd like to taste the turkey, thank you, otherwise I'd just order a loaf of bread and some dipping sauce. Also, I am not one to have a "salad on my sandwich," which would include all the "toppings": lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, and on and on. Perhaps that is what we're being led to believe about sandwiches to think they are more healthy than just bread and meat. But that's all I want to eat - bread and meat, with enough meat to not be overpowered by the bread. I also realize that the corporation is probably trying to keep the cost of the sandwich and a drink below the $10 mark - after all, it is mall food - but I think I'll take a drive over to Panera next time.