“Better then home.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
GreenLeadersGold level
“Better then home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

First, this is not my first stay. Every associate is pleasant and gives better service then most 4star hotels. They go out of their way to make you feel like family. Yummy cookies, snacks and drinks at 5. They even got me when the cookies came out :) Basic breakfast but I like it. The rooms are nicely decorated, extremely clean roomy and I wish mine at home looked this good. Their conference room is very comfortable and great for meetings. I even like the tv station selection....nit all about the men.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

No real complaints. Would fully recommend.The shower head kind of sucked but the bathroom was spacious and clean. The king size bed was comfy and I fell asleep real easy.Quiet and in a great location for shops and food and freeways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at the Ayres Inn in Ontario. The room was a nice size, clean and with a very comfortable bed. The exterior of the hotel is also very nice. The hot tub was amazing! The hot tub is a great size & we had it to our selves both nights that we stayed. The hotel staff was very nice. Susan the GM was very friendly - didn't even know she was the GM when discussing our plans for our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed at this location on two different occasions (and other Ayres hotels 3 different times). All my needs are met - the rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, and the beds and linens comfortable. There is a fridge too. Breakfast is quite good. It is very convenient to the airport (and of course the mall). I was visiting my daughter at the Claremont Colleges which is a short drive from the hotel - super easy getting on the highway. I recommend Ayres to everyone I talk to since it's the best value around and very reliable. I just wish they would expand to other areas of the country.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Ayres chain of hotels is my favorite. You can tell that it is family owned and cared for. It's not a machine like other chains. Impeccably clean, comfortable, quiet, and friendly. The breakfasts are above average to excellent, depending on the specific hotel. I always recommend Ayres hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Syracuse, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Booked a 2 bed nonsmoking room nonrefundable room for my faimly of four. Checked into hotel got to room and there was only one king bed. Dosen't work for 2 adults and a 13 and 11 year old! Went to the front desk and was told all they had was smoking rooms with 2 beds. I dont smoke, so staying in a smoking room is disgusting and appalling! (the room smelled like a ashtray) I also asked if they had a roll bed and was told no. Had no choice but to book with another local hotel and no refund from Ayres! Dont book this hotel! No customer service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Inn & Suites Ontario Mills Mall, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Blake -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your candid comments. I am so sorry that your experience with us was anything less than exceptional and that you found your overall stay unsatisfactory. This reservation was initially booked through Hotwire as a single King Pillowtop Studio Suite. Perhaps it was booked in error, but we are always happy to accommodate our guests by moving them to an alternate room should one be available. I apologize if this was not possible in your situation.

I also understand your dismay at the cigarette smell as we are a non smoking property and no room should smell like what you describe. I have already had my housekeeping team look into this matter and deodorize the room using standard protocol for this type of smell.

As to the possibility of a refund, we are always happy to work with our guests but, unfortunately, the reservation was booked through a third party. As such, a refund would need to be sought our from Hotwire. We are more than happy to assist you in this endeavor should you contact us. Once again, I apologize for this experience and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you how comfortable a stay with us can be.

Susan Golden
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very nice comfortable and quiet room with free Internet and breakfast . The room is nicely design with good taste, and nice furniture. The only downside is sink in bathroom is not draining very well. The front desk reception is smooth, courteous and fast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ontario
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Ontario
Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport

Been to Ayres Inn & Suites Ontario Mills Mall? Share your experiences!