“great food”

Garden Square Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 391 Restaurants in Ontario
Reviewed December 30, 2015

Service was great , I will continue to eat here, I give them a 5 stars and will recommend anyone who loves to eat good food.

Date of visit: April 2015

Reviewed March 22, 2015

The restaurant is at a nice location, however it is my personal opinion the service and food
need to be updated and fresher.
There is no handi-cap place to be seated.
The host was very mocking as I requested where we could sit to eat. We requested some place to sit out of the way. No one else was at the restaurant (it was about 5:00p.m.) when we got there. So, I moved my daughter four wheeler to the back of where the host seated us. The Host made a statement that maybe I should have been the host.
I was ready to leave at that point. However, I had promised my daughter to take her out to dinner as a treat. Plus, it was one of those hot days.
My daughter ordered steak, eggs, with hash browns. I ordered buffalo wings , house salad, and french fries.
Waiting for our meal was about 15-20 minutes for the main meal. My garden salad was ok.
The wings was okay. The fries were lukewarm. The steak had a vinegar taste to it. It was not looking fresh.
When my daughter and I requested an exchange for the steak the host reused to accommodate my daughter. I told the host (who also the manager ) I would pay for the meal even though he was to take the steak back . He wanted to argue. He went in the kitchen speaking in Spanish return with aside of bacon. The host told us he was not going to throw away food.
The steak looked like it had been boiled. It was tough.
The host eventually brought us some bacon (4 strips) in which we paid for.
We paid for the steak and the exchange.
Very disappointed in the atmosphere and service.

Reviewed January 24, 2015

The service at Garden Square was unbelievably slow. We saw some people get up and leave before their food arrived. The food was OK.. we had eggs for which we waited an hour. The menus were dirty.. the first sign, we should have walked out. I would not eat at this restaurant again.

Reviewed January 21, 2015

We first tried the Garden Square Restaurant about 4 years ago when we were in Ontario for a conference. Over the last several years we have returned for conferences and have always enjoyed going here. Again, we were in Ontario and decided we would go for dinner. As always the food tastes good, service is fine and the price fair. However this time, the experience did not meet the expectations from previous visits. A garbage can / ash tray with garbage in it was holding the front door open. Also noted was that the restaurant had been given a "B" rating from the San Bernadino Dept of Public Health. In California restaurants are given a letter score of A, B or C. On the Public Health placard - both major and minor violations had been observed when inspected last October. I had a Garden Burritto and my wife had a chicken dish. Both tasty. Portions are always generous. The last time we were here was two years ago and it seems that the interior of the restaurant has been updated with new seating and tables. Shortly after eating - I developed an intestinal upset. I like to think that this was a "one off" for this restaurant because we have always have enjoyed the quality of food. The full health report can be viewed on line at the San Bernadino County Dept of Public Health web site.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was close to the hotel and the waiter was very nice and accommodating. The food was adequate, they did not drain the lettuce for the salad so we had puddles in the bowl. They were out of many items on the menu, but worked with us to find substitutions.

Date of visit: August 2014

Been to Garden Square Restaurant? Share your experiences!