“great place”

GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“great place”
Reviewed February 28, 2007

I usually stay at the Sheraton in Ontario but they were booked as was every other place I could find. I booked this room begrudgenly as I have stayed at the Ayres in Riverside and wasnt impressed at all. I have to say I was very very impressed with the property.
The room was huge, the staff was friendly and everyting was spotless. There is a free breakfast with a 'chef' to make pancakes, eggs to order and omelets as well as waffles. Not the frozen eggs you get at some breakast bars but the real kind, I wont eat the other kind.
There is also a social hour with beer wine and healthy snack as well as the other kind.
My room had a wet bar with microwave, fridge and sink as well as a pull out sofabed and coffee table and a desk. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable, and I sleep on a Sleep Number bed at home so I am quite picky even though I travel weekly and end up on some pretty poor beds.
I have no idea where the train is.... I never once head it. I did have a room on the mall side so I am guessing that it is on the other side near the freeway which would make sense, but most of the hotels in the area are near the freeway so there really is no other choice.
There are THREE Aryes hotels in Ontario, one near the convention center and TWO side by side at the Mall. This one is nearest Miliken Ave, the other is to the east directly next door.
I am ironically holding a conference at the property near the convention center and while I have not seen the rooms the amenities through the rest of the hotel look similar.
While I have raved about the Sheraton in the past I think I will more than likely book this hotel in the future even though I get points with Starwood, simply for the free great breakfast, the free internet(Sheraton is $5/day) and the free beer after work.
I travel weekly for work and am not easily impressed but I am also very reasonable, this property is excellent in my humble opinion...

• Liked — Just a great, clean, amenity filled hotel for the money
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank PHXTrainer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2006

We stayed for one night only at the Ayres Suites, Ontario Mills on our way from Las Vegas to Santa Monica. The main reason was to visit the factory outlets and do some last minute shopping before returning to Australia. The rooms were large but somewhat dark and bathroom fairly small which seemed unusual by American standards. But as we were going to be there only for one night this was not a problem. the location to the outlet shops was just brilliant and a short walk across the car park to 200 plus shops !!!

We went out to dinner that night with some friends to the Aussie themed Outback restaurant which was a 5 minute drive from the hotel. What a great place and one of the best steaks that we have had anywhere. If you have an opportunity make the Outback restaurant a place to visit for a great meal and really friendly owner and staff.

Breakfast the night morning was great, you just placed an order with the chef and she cooked you eggs anyway you like and bacon, waffles etc.

3 Thank Noreen_8
Reviewed January 15, 2006

I've been staying here every so often since it first opened. It is a great place with a free cooked to order breakfast. The rooms were in need of some renovations the last time I was there, but I remember seeing them do what looked to be like renovations in some parts of the hotel. Overall a gem in Ontario.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank CMH-JFK
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed August 31, 2004

We loved our stay there. Beautiful inside and out. Comfortable beds with ceiling fan above. Weekday breakfasts made to order and weekend breakfasts set-both delicious. Very friendly staff. Patio outside of breakfast area very pleasant. A real treat!

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank Janice L
Reviewed December 30, 2003

Hi it's pretty and nice but if you want to get sleep it's not the place to stay. it's so nosiy there with the train, the mall traffic and the very busy highway that's right in front of the the hotel and on the side of the hotel. and it goes on all night long. I even used ear plugs and it's was still awfull.

• Stayed December 2003