“Incompetence”

Ranked #25 of 42 Hotels in Ontario
Rialto, California
“Incompetence”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's hard for me to rate this hotel since I simply paid for my elderly parents who were going to stay here but they had a terrible time. I went to this hotel previously and got the information on how I was going to pay for them and followed the instructions to the letter(I even called them to make the reservation, since something was wrong with my parents doing it). When they got there the incompetent bell man was working the front desk while, the manager lady looked on and he completely bungled everything. The information wasn't taken correctly; he still needed their credit card although they had all, and I do mean ALL, of my information. He gave them a room near the laundry area, and when they complained the manager lady moved them to the area that was under construction. I reiterate, this was with reservations!!!! In a word Incompetent. and In 4 words, go to the doubletree. Which was next door. Or go somewhere else. Yea, everything was nice, but the key moment for them to shine was on arrival. What would have happened if my parents didn't have a credit card? Would they have been turned away even though they had my authorization, the necessary forms, AND ALL MY INFORMATION??!! Yep, no thanks. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
2 Thank dave92376

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed here in the past when the hotel was an Ayres hotel (and I submitted a previous great review), and I was always pleasantly surprised by how nice it was for the price. This was my first visit after the change in ownership, and I can already see that things are subtly changing, and not for the better. The staff was not as friendly or helpful as on other trips; the people at the front desk just seemed bored and bothered. The complimentary hot breakfast of the past has been replaced by a $5 hot breakfast or a free continental breakfast, which now consists of hard boiled eggs and stale baked goods. When we ate breakfast this time, the dining room was dirty. Ick. And the property just didn't seem as well-maintained: carpets were not well vacuumed (and I'm a stickler for clean carpets), our room air conditioner rattled, and the place just seemed a little down-on-its-luck. I hope this is just a temporary slip, but I'm really afraid this is the beginning of a downhill slide.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FussyGrl
La Habra, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've stayed here many times under the Ayres ownership and loved it. The Ayres helpful staff and beautiful decor are still there. The desk manager gave me a personal tour of the recent improvemnets and planned improvements (notably an elevator and a restaurant.) The room was large and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The flat screen TV had the array of Time Warner stations. The bathroom was small but entirely adequate. The show head, unfortunately, was non-adjustable. There is free and convenient parking. There are many different restaurants and fast food places within a mile.The price was lower than Ayres charged. Having stayed in many of the Ontario Airport hotels, I judge this to be easily the best value at this time.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor rooms. Rooms on south side face railroad tracks. Occasional...
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Based on previous reviews and ratings, I was expecting a superb room. The two reason I chose this room was because it offered a fridge and free hot breakfast. I was disappointed on both counts. The fridge barely kept anything cold but that wasn't the worse part. When we went to enjoy our free hot breakfast we were informed that it was $5 per person. Otherwise we could have a complimentary continental breakfast. I asked the front desk why we would have to pay $5 per person for a hit breakfast that was suppose to be free. We booked our room on their website and it clearly says free hot breakfast. She explained that the new owners were implementing the $5 charge. This is comp,steely false advertisement. I would have choose a completely different hotel room and spent less money if I would have known the hot breakfast wasn't included. The continental breakfast sucked. It had old cereal, crappy muffins, stale mini donuts or bread.
On the plus side the rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was friendly. Overall I will not be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ctw20
Murrieta, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on August 10/11, 2013 with my fiancé and I hav to say we were pleasantly surprised. The room was a good size and very clean. The bed was very comfy and we loved the down comforters and pillows. The bathroom floor was done in beautiful marble and we loved that the room included a microwave and refrigerator. The front desk clerk was more than helpful and polite. Best of all the room rates were wonderful. If you compare them to other hotels in the area (and there are a lot of them) their prices can't be beat. Their prices rival those of the "discount" hotel chains like Motel 6 & Super 8 yet you get a much better room and over all hotel stay experience. Great location, walking distance to many restaurants and fast food places. Oh, and last but not least this hotel's complimentary breakfast was so much better than other hotels complimentary breakfasts. We got scrambled eggs, sausage, country potatoes, English muffins, fruit, waffles, cereal, coffee and orange juice. The only negative I have for this hotel was the weak signal wi-fi. It seems the farther you are from the front desk area the weaker the signal. I had a problem staying connected with my iPad.

1 Thank Dina R
Manteca, California
Reviewed August 13, 2013

From walking in, you will notice the little things that separate this hotel from other chains. The lobby was very welcoming, and my wife commented more than once how she enjoyed the paintings throughout the place. The room was no disappointment either, very clean and well laid out. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the Ontario area.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at the Magnuson Grand Boutique Suites from August 5-10 and have to say, I haven't had that nice a room since I travelled for a big corporation. It was really nice to have a sofa in the room in addition to the king bed, for comfort while reading and watching tv in the evening. The bathroom was spotless and the floors/carpet very clean. It was nice to have a microwave and small fridge for heating up my restaurant leftovers and keeping a bottle of wine cold. I was very happy with the variety of choices at breakfast - freshly cooked eggs and potatoes, waffles, an omelet one morning, fruit and choice of breads/donuts. Very convenient, amenable staff and excellent pricing. I'd like to stay there again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family