“Nice stay”

Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed January 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spent one night at the Ramada. I booked it ahead of time at the end of a stay in Palm Springs so we'd be close to the airport we were flying out of. I reserved a king size, NS, and upper level room. We checked in and got exactly what we reserved. The manager, Chris, was extremely courteous and helpful. He gave us tips for restaurants, a gas station to top off the fuel before returning the rental car, and reserved a taxi for us for the next day. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room was larger than expected with an extra area in the back with a desk, 3 chairs, coffee table, and etc. The fridge and microwave were appreciated too. Granted, it's a bit outdated, but it was clean and fit our needs. I would have typically given this place 3 stars but the helpfulness of the manager raised it to a 4.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The walkways and elevator to my room were a little scary late at night, but the location was great (right next to freeway) for my purposes, and the bed was made beautifully with soft, clean sheets. The furniture was nice and modern. The breakfast buffet was a little lacking, but at least there was juice and coffee. I have to say the night staff was super friendly for these tired eyes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I thought I had booked a place near Ontario Airport at the end of a business trip, but I hadn't. The description on another site sounded fine. Especially the pool and spa, since I had a few hours of daylight, and I needed to relax. The exterior of this Ramada is extremely run down looking, and the owners don't even keep parking lot swept of palm leaves, paper and plastic bottles. The pool and spa were full of palm leaves and dirt, and the chairs, etc. were just strewn around, very unkempt. When I checked in at 5pm, it seemed I was the only one there. A few hours later, it became apparent how this place stays in business when a busload of Chinese tourists rolled in. If I hadn't pre-paid, I would have left. At $90 for the night, I felt totally ripped off. The room was okay, but sheets very very thin. Oh, and no airport shuttle. So add another $12 for the ride to the airport. Note to self. READ TRIP ADVISOR REVIEWS !!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ramadaontairport, Manager at Ramada Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest
sorry for the inconvenience caused by 50-60 MPH speed blowing winds in the area for 2 days non stop. many trees and other things were damaged by high speed winds.
we always try to keep place safe and clean but sometimes we are helpless against
MOTHER NATURE...
SORRY AGAIN
CHRIS P..

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked last minute, called their reservation line because we couldn't find anything in L.A., the closet hotel to us was this one an hour and a half away. We didn't care just happy to find something, we booked 2 rooms, we were told they were suites with 2 king beds in each room, again we were just happy to find something. When we got their the rep had only booked one room, and apparently they they didn't have anything but jacuzzi rooms. Gross! So after driving for an hour and half, and being treated like crap by the front desk, someone calls and cancels their room, so he gave it to us. They didn't have two king beds, and my husband had to sleep on the floor. All in all the rooms were clean the area was nice. But service sucked!

Room Tip: Clarify what your booking!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family