“Top Notch”

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Boston, Massachusetts
“Top Notch”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel seems to have been built yesterday. Very new and fresh. Not the typical "atrium" Embassy Suites.

The suites are very nice, with great work areas and plenty of power outlets for a business traveler. My suite had a nice big shower rather than a bath tub. I really like that.

Complimentary happy hour was very nice, and offered a giant salad rather than the typical embassy suites bagged nacho chips. I thought ths was a nice California touch.

I enjoyed a very nice dinner. Dinner included a well presented salad. There is not too much in the immediate area, and I didn't feel "taken" by the food. It was very good and well presented.

My only complaint was that upon arrival, the suite I was assigned was extremely hot, and the cooling system did not work at all. The very nice desk clerk made a quick suite swap, and the new suite was nice and cool. As a Hilton Diamond, I would have expected my room to have been inspected and perfect.

That being said, this is a fantastic hotel with a great staff.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GWM160
Althea S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear GWM160,

We would love to thank you for sharing your comments with your fellow travelers regarding the Embassy Suites Ontario.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any oversights that may have occurred during your stay. We set high standards for our entire staff and I assure you that what you experienced with the temperature in your room was an isolated incident and not indicative our typical service levels.

We will continue to train and develop all of our staff members to ensure your next stay will be a more pleasant one.

Althea Schaub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have long stayed at Embassy Suites as I believe this is the best option for families traveling with kids. (The bedroom and tv area are seperated so you can tuck the little ones in and still stayed up.) However, this location certainly raised the bar. The property is very modern with new furnishings and a very swanky bar area. The manager's reception had an excellent selection with a great selection of wines. As mentioned by others, the property is less than 10 minutes from the airport. If you have a rental car and an early morning flight, take my advice and drop it off the night before. The hotel suttle can take you back and forth and eliminates the uncertainty with the car rental shuttle the day of.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Althea S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Josh,

Thank you for sharing your kind words with other fellow travelers. We always look forward to hosting families coming down for different events (i.e. travel ball, reunions, special family events)!

Our goal as a staff, is to provide the best service possible to all of our guests and when we read review's like yours it helps us know we are doing our job.

We will continue working on new ways to make all of our guests stay even more enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Ontario Airport and we look forward to seeing you again!

Livermore, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The convenience of this hotel from the Ontario, CA airport was wonderful. Once I landed it only took about 10 minutes for the hotel shuttle to arrive. The drive time was about 5 minutes and the staff were all very friendly. I saved money because the conference I was attending was right in the hotel so I did not need to rent a car. The staff attending to all of us during the conference was top notch.

1 Thank Julie L
Althea S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Julie,

I would like to thank you for the kind comments you shared regarding our hotel with other fellow travelers.

We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay and we hope to be of service to you and your company in the future. We will continue to do our best to provide the best service possible.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This very contemporary hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating, check in was a breeze. Bartender at Manager's Happy Hour was personable and efficient. I was disappointed at no late check out when we were still in conference meetings

1 Thank Elfinize
Dear Elfinize,

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with your fellow travelers regarding the Embassy Suites Ontario.

We work hard each and every day to make sure all of our guests have the best possible hotel experience we can provide.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not being able to provide a late check out during your conference. It can be difficult at times for us to offer a late check out on busy days, especially when we are going to be sold out the same day.

Thank you again for choosing the Embassy Suites Ontario Airport and we look forward to seeing you again!

Palm Desert, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Modern amenities, cheerful staff and excellent location if you are travelling out of Ontario Airport-10 out of 10. Stay for dinner-the food is fabulous! Excellent value in a perfect setting. Can't imagine ever using ONT without including a stay here.

1 Thank Richard F
Althea S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Richard,

We are happy to hear you had an pleasant stay and that you also enjoyed our Chaffey's Restaurant!

We also appreciate you sharing your experience with other fellow travelers and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We will continue working on new ways to make all of our guests stay more enjoyable!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Comfortable hotel overall, BUT:

I had a two-day stay at this hotel (sold out at least the second, according to the hotel, due to a big concert nearby), and I got in pretty late the first evening, and didn't take a good look around the room, and just went to sleep without even turning the bedroom lights on. I woke up to find that there were spots of BLOOD on my sheets. Yes, it was, disgusting.

I didn't have time to talk to anyone that next morning, and simply left a note on my bed, pointing out the problem and asking for some new sheets. I left my room, and took off my do not disturb sign around 10:45 that morning.

I then proceeded to have a very long workday (at the aforementioned concert), which ended in me returning to the hotel at about 4:00 AM. Imagine my dismay when I entered my room, only to find it untouched. I called down to the front desk, and was informed that there is no maid service at night, but they could send up some new sheets and towels for me. 20 minutes later (I guess they're very busy at 4AM), a very nice man brought me my sheets, and was apologetic about the situation (he was the one helpful person I met during my stay).

After making my own bed at (now) 4:30AM, I finally got to go to sleep.

The next morning I spoke to the manager (Althea) about the issu. More than apologetic, was very defensive about the processes the hotel has in place to avoid such problems. This includes multiple inspections (yeah, right) of cleaned rooms, and some sort of security camera verification of do not disturb signs. She let me know that security tapes would be reviewed to see whether or not I was being truthful about removing my do not disturb sign.

After all of this: bloodstained sheets, no cleaning service, a long delay at 4AM and an unapologetic stance from the manager, I was "generously" offered an entire 20% discount on my stay. This was a business trip, and my employer was paying for my stay, so I don't even have an interest in what type of discount or make-good the hotel offers, so this isn't me being cheap: That is a pretty anemic response to the issues I had. Embassy Suites, you need to be a lot more generous than that when you have a customer that received as poor treatment as I did. You should be ashamed.

7 Thank Jacob E
Althea S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello Jacob,

It was very nice talking to you during your check out. As I had mentioned the issue was being addressed to my head housekeeper/inspector, who you also met with.

Again i apologize for the inconvenience, if you should have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank You!

General Manage
Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a great experience at Embassy Suites while staying there for the IndyCar Fontana race at Auto Club Sppedway. The location was perfect - only a couple of miles from the track. The accommodations were top-notch, the service terrific, and the hotel beautiful. It was a wonderful weekend - couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for sharing your kind words with other fellow travelers. We always look forward to hosting all the Indy Car fans and we hope to have you back in 2014!

We will continue working on new ways to make all of our guests stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Ontario Airport!

General Manage