“new”

Ontario Convention Center
Reviewed July 12, 2012

very clean and staff accomodating. light and airy,only negative was the 1 water bottle rule.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My daughter had an athletic competition at the Ontario Convention Center in February. The facility is located near the 10 Freeway and close to the Ontario Airport, which was convenient for those athletes and parents who flew in from out of state. The building looks new and modern from the outside, and the convention hall is spacious and well lit. I appreciated the padded chairs--especially since I sat through two different sessions for 8 hours. The only negatives were the air conditioning and the parking. It was very warm that day, and when we arrived around noon for the competition, the convention hall was stifling. Perhaps since it was winter, maintenance had not pre-set the thermostat for such extremely warm weather. Later in the afternoon the convention hall cooled off more, so they must have turned up the air conditioning.

The other problem was the parking policy. There is a $9 flat fee to park in the Convention Center parking lot, but there are no in-and-out privileges. So basically, once you park you are stuck there and you cannot go out to eat lunch off site. My daughter and I were forced to eat at the small snack bar in the Exhibition Hall. The food was pricey ($14 for a salad, a small pizza, and a churro) but didn't taste too bad--but then again, maybe that's because I was so hungry and couldn't go anywhere else! Later as we were leaving in the evening, I realized that there were some restaurants within walking distance on Vineyard Avenue; but since I had come from the other direction in the morning I hadn't known you could walk anywhere for lunch. Nevertheless, it would have been impossible to walk somewhere to eat during the short amount of time between sessions. And of course, as with other convention centers, outside food and drink are not allowed so you can't even pack a lunch.

The Ontario Convention Center is nice facility itself, but only if you do not have to stay there all day.

2  Thank TulipL0ver
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The Convention Center is centrally located and very easily accessed. It was approximately 3 miles from my hotel. parking was quick and easy.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Ontario Convention Center is easily accessible and isn't encumbered with lots of street traffic. Located just blocks from the 10 Freeway in Ontario, the Convention Center is in close proximity to many hotels and restaurants. Parking is adequate for most events and there is additional off-site parking when needed. We have found the Center to be well-maintained and the facilities clean. There is a small cafe on the premises which is usually open for events and a coffee bar in the lobby. This is not a huge convention center (ie Los Angeles and Orange County) so it is easily navigated.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is always one of our favorite destinations. This our third trip to this event and the Convention Center is a great venue.