“Friendly & Accommodating”

Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I picked this hotel because of their rating on Trip Adviser. The beds were comfortable and triple sheeted. They had free internet, a room safe, mini refrigerator (stocked with bottled water) & micro wave. The shower was great with a big shower head and lots of towels.
The staff was very friendly. They had a shuttle available to take us to the mall, to dinner, etc.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 30, 2009

The Comfort Suites Ontario Airport is only 1-year old and thus still looks decent and clean. Good size rooms are well appointed with large flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, desk, high-speed internet. Lobby offers free breakfast coffee, apples, bananas, waffles, milk, juice, bagels etc. They have a shuttle from the very near by Ontario airport. Just out the front door is a Starbucks and a deli. Many other moderately priced hotels and restaurants are within walking distance. Don't fool yourself, you are not really in LA. There is nothing of cultural interest nearby. This is the boring suburbs. You would need a car and at least an hour depending on traffic to get to Santa Monica, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, or anything that matters. This hotel would be a fine choice if you want to just come from or go to the airport and pay a reasonable rate. It you want to vacation I would reccomend a different location.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ElGuapo49
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Very friendly staff! One mentioned they have been working together for about 10 years although the hotel is new. The room was very nice, large screen TV, fridge, microwave, small kitchen sink area and living room area. Hotel overall was extremely clean!

It is close to the airport and train tracks but we didn't hear a thing. The beds are real comfortable and I'm a picky sleeper. It is close to Ontario Mills (a gigantic shopping mall if you have a few hours to spare). We picked it because we really didn't want to deal with LA's rush hour on a Friday night. Plenty of free parking.

There are alot of restuarants close by or within a couple miles you can find just about anything.

We will stay here again some day.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank phileaglesfan
caa15, GM at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2009

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor.com. Thank you for staying with us and for the review that you gave us. We were so thrilled that you thought we were Best Choice Hotel that you have stayed in. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during July 2009 because I was taking the bar exam at Ontario Convention Center. It's a new hotel, and the good mostly outweigh the bad.

The Good:
- The hotel is new, so the rooms are nice and clean. The room has a nice LG LCD TV, probably around a 36" or so, and has an amazing amount of cable channels available. The room is spacious, has a microwave, mini-fridge, and a couch which I believe is a pull out sofa. There was a desk and chair where I was able to study. The room has free internet via an ethernet cable, but the internet was slow. The bathroom was clean, and had a lot of towels. The room had a thermostat to control the temperature, and it controlled the air conditioner attached to the window.
- There's a Starbucks, Quiznos, and Jack in the Box within walking distance, literally within 1 minute of the hotel.
- The Convention Center was about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

The Bad:
- There are train tracks nearby. If you're sensitive to noise, this hotel is definitely not for you. I would lay on the bed at night and every 30 or 40 minutes or so, I'd hear the train whistle. Occasionally, I'd be able to hear the planes from the nearby airport too. But the bed was right next to the air conditioner so I would just set the temperature low enough so that the air conditioner would drown out the noise. By the way, I could also hear the train through the fan vent in the bathroom too.
- The elevator malfunctioned horribly during my stay. I came back from dinner and got in the elevator, and was stuck in the elevator for about 10 minutes. The elevator would just go to different floors but the doors wouldn't open. I pressed the call button, but the call went to a voicemail system. The doors finally opened on the 2nd floor after 10 minutes, thankfully. The next night, the elevator also didn't work, and so for the rest of the trip, rather than risk getting stuck in the elevator and missing the bar exam, I just walked up and down the stairs.

Conclusion:
My initial reaction was very positive to the hotel. I really thought it was clean and nice, and would've given the hotel at least 4 stars, maybe 5, had it not been for the debacle with the elevators, especially since the noise didn't bother me too much because I was able to drown out the noise with the air conditioner. But being stuck in an elevator going up and down for 10 minutes doesn't bode well for the ratings.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank xchillaxinx
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The morning of our arrival at a competitors hotel I was called and asked if we (group of 9 rooms) would consider moving to Comfort Inn and Suites as they were oversold due to guests extending their stay. I was concerned as we tend to have a loud and rambunctious group. We stay up and play poker to all hours of the morning and have plenty of fun. With a bit of trepidation and assurance they had been warned I agreed.

Immediately upon arrival I knew I had made the right decision. The young lady checking us in had a fabulous sense of humor and dealt with my demanding brother beautifully. She had us in stitches and it only got better from there. Every single employee from desk staff to cleaning staff were pleasant. I mentioned to Leo (a front desk clerk) how impressed I was and his response was...It's because we enjoy coming to work and we all want to do a good job for our manager. She's told us to treat each guest as if they were a guest in our home. Well, let me share with everyone that they definitely made it feel like home to us.

Thank you for being such a great manager.
Thank you for following such a great example.
All of you personally and the hotel can only get better

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank dawnsdlite

Thank you Dawn for taking the time to write such a nice a review. You and your family were a delight to have stay at our hotel. It was nice to see that during a tough time your family kept their spirits up by enjoying the time together. We loved having your family here. Please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2009

Flew in from the UK to LAX for the start of a road trip, one hours drive to the hotel from LAX. Stayed one night. Friendly staff, excellent clean room, a Billion TV channels with your own cable box in room. Comfortable bed, good bathroom.

Ideal for a one night stop or longer, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank bluestorm2000

Thank you for your review. It is great to receive positive feedback on our Friendly staff, excellent clean room and TV channels.

Reviewed May 4, 2009

We live in the Ontario area and needed a place to stay while our home was being treated for termites. You never think you will have to stay in a hotel in your own city. The Comfort Suites made us feel welcome right from the start. The staff and facilities were outstanding. Everyone was knowledgeable about their job and always kind and cordial. The rooms were clean and neat beyond our past experiences. We have dediced we will go back just for a get away. You need to check this place out for youself!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

We were so glad that you came to stay with us as your "home away from home." Thank you for taking the time to write how your stay was with us.