“Great hotel with lots of little extras”

Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel surprised me with lots of little extras and an exceptionally helpful staff. I stayed here one night to attend a Carrie Underwood concert at the Ontario arena. The rooms were very clean and appeared newly furbished. The "extras" include silly but fun things like having some of the towels folded into the shape of a bunny on the bed--with a little candy underneath. Apparently they change the 'animal' every week. Flavored water was available at all hours in the lobby. The staff knew the town well and had preprinted directions to several of the places we wanted to visit. Their recommendation for a restaurant was perfect and they did a Mapquest for directions to that. Parts of Ontario are a little skuzzy but if you have to stay here for the airport, a concert or some other occasion I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Scott B,

We are so very pleased to hear that you had such a great time while staying with us. Thank you for sharing your experience! We do all we can to ensure that each guest feels welcomed and comfortable when coming to stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you had a wonderful time at the Carrie Underwood concert! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

the hotel started off great than on what turned out to be my last day the people above me started making really loud noises I complained three times notting seemed to change until my husband threatened to go up there.the general manager joan claimed those people where sleeping as if I was lying and went on to tell me she apologized to them,to me I feel as if that was preferential treatment because if that where me and my husband that many times we would have gotten kicked out for sure.she definitely favors her guest that aren't African American.she lied and told my husband that I wasn't easy to speak with even though he heard our whole conversation,i just despise liars.also her housekeeper walked in our room at 9 am she claims she knocked but after her guest above me kept me up past 11 than had to put my newborn back to sleep got almost none wasn't happy with my stay wouldn't recommend.my last day was a waste of money and she should be ashamed of herself her staff made her out to be a liar he said those guest she claimed to be sleeping where indeed getting ready for bed and to give them a few more minutes.she offered no compensation for my difficulty and I had a hard time getting a apology from her.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachelle R

The guests that were in the room above you had been the same guests that were in that room for the entire duration of your stay and had not been a problem. Whenever we have a guest that is having a noise complaint issue with a guest above them (as in your case), we immediately call the guest that is causing the noise and inform them complaint and ask that they refrain from causing anymore noise. If the noise continues and we receive another complaint, we have a staff member go directly to the room and speak with the guest directly, informing them again of the complaint once again and that it needs ro cease. In your case, after we spoke with you a second time regarding the complaint, we had a staff member go to the room above you and speak with the guests. The guests were already in bed with the lights off, watching tv. We still informed them of the complaint and they said they were already going to bed and wouldn't be moving around. We followed our hotel's policy on dealing with noise complaint issues and resolved the problem. We received 3 calls from you in less than 5 mins regarding the noise complaint, which is excessive givin the amount of time to resolve the issue. Your husband then made a threat that he would go upstairs and handle the guests himself, which we cannot tolerate. We did go ahead and apologize to the guests upstairs because we had to disturb them repeatedly in a short amount of time when they were already in bed to begin with. Also, there had been no prior complaints about this room. We do not give preferential treatment to any particular guests, regardless of the situation. What we offer is good customer service to each and every guest in each and every situation that presents itself with fair and equal treatment to all. Our housekeeping staff only knocks and enters rooms that have already checked out for the day or that are scheduled for daily cleaning. Once the housekeepers knock and they do not receive an answer, they enter the room to complete their task, which is what happened in your case. There was no answer at the door so they went ahead and proceeded to try to enter, however, the lock latch had been latched so they did not enter the room. There is also a Do Not Disturb sign in each and every room that you are able to hang on the outside of your door so that no one may knock or disturb your room had you decided you did not want housekeeping to clean your room early. That sign was not utilized. We feel that we did all that we could to meet your needs during your stay with us.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night (as I usually do) prior to my morning flight out of ONT. I love walking into the room, it always feels like home and I always wish this hotel was in Riverside. But, I say that everytime when I review this hotel. But it is VERY clean, and very comfortable, time after time.

We checked in sort of late around 9 pm or so, and were returning our car so needed to have the shuttle pick us up from the car rental terminal and bring us right back. It was no problem. I really appreciate this easy shuttle service for returning my car the night before, I can count on them for on time depatures on the morning of my flight. Shuttle runs every 30 minutes to drop passengers off.

I stayed in room 214 this time. Luckily the bright lights from the parking area just outside the window didn't bother me, but I will admit to using my tricks to ensure no light peeks through from the very edge of the drapes.

The only issue with the room I had this time was the toilet seemed to flush very slowly, and sometimes did not even flush completely. I didn't feel like calling for maintenance at 10pm so I just reported it in the morning ,and they were thankful for the advisement.

One note, on this visit, I did hear noise from next door and other rooms. The floors seem different (probably because of the tile ?) in the bathroom so if there are heavy walkers above you can hear it. But the worst for me this visit was the VERY LOUD person snoring next door! I had to use my earplugs (thank goodness I always have them in my travel bag!) The guy was so obnoxious....anyway nothing at all the hotel could control.

Another good stay and i'm sure I'll be back in the future

1  Thank KKJACKS
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear KKJACKS,

Thank you so much for your honest review! I am happy to hear that you always enjoy staying with and we truly appreciate your business. The shuttle service is very helpful and convenient and Im glad that you're able to make use of it. We apologize about the issue you had with your toilet not flushing properly and want to thank you for informing us upon checkout. Im sorry that you had a snoring neighbor! If you ever forget your earplugs, we always have them available complimentary at the front desk for your convenience also. Thank you again so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Felt compelled to write another review after a great stay at this property. This hotel has all the basics right... easy parking, clean, lovely beds, fluffy towels and a great breakfast.

What makes it shine is the staff and their attention to detail. Whether it's remembering your name or preferences, anticipating your needs or just showing genuine interest and empathy when you have a problem, that is what truly sets this hotel apart, not only from it's "in-class" competition, but from many more expensive, upscale properties too.

There's clearly a reason why this hotel keeps winning global awards. There are plenty of hotels closer to where my family lives but I'd rather stay here with the 20 min drive than at a much lower quality, less friendly hotel located closer to my folks.

Stop your shopping around now. Just book in here. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mark G,

We'd like to say a big thank you for staying with us and also taking the time out of your day to write a review about your experience with us. We are very lucky to have such a great, friendly and helpful staff from the front desk to housekeeping. We work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and walk away from here feeling rested, relaxed and happy with their stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us so much that you're even willing to drive farther to stay with us. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is, unfortunately, built very close to the rail road tracks. Trains blowing their horns kept my husband awake all night. I went to the lobby at 3am for earplugs. Looks like there was some sort of water damage to entire first floor of guest rooms area. I wouldn't suggest this hotel unless you sleep like a rock and don't have mold allergies. The breakfast, as with most Comfort Suites, was good. Your $100 is best spent elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

It is unfortunate that we did have some water damage on the first floor, but it looks much worse than it is. The professional flood response company was onsite within a half hour and extracted the water from the carpets and installed fans, dehumidifiers and air movers throughout. After assessing (shortly after they arrived) the extent of the damage it was determined that we needed to open the lower few inches of the wall to dry any concealed areas which may be wet. This is not because there was mold, but to dry everything to prevent the growth of such. From my perspective, its worth going the extra step to ensure things are repaired correctly even at the expense of having things look worse than they are.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful management and service personnel. Still the Best in the West wouldn't stay anywhere else. Breakfast hot or cold can't be beat anywhere. enjoy every minute I'm there. Spotless hotel
never find dirty or unorganized. Stay here you won't regret it.
Richard(Rick) Fuller

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Fuller,

Thank you so very much for such wonderful comments! We take pride in providing exceptional service in each and every department. We are so pleased to hear that you continue to thoroughly enjoy staying with us just as much as we enjoy having you here! See you soon Mr. Fuller!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Upon arrival at the Comfort Suites I immediately knew why this is the top hotel in the Comfort line up. Beautiful exterior and phenomenal decor was quite inviting. I was greeted cheerfully at the front desk and thanked for being a Choice Privileges Elite Diamond guest (something that may happen one out of 5 stays to most Choice Hotels). But it did not stop there. I was greeted at my room with a silver star one the door thanking me for being a Choice Privileges Member. Then I walked into the gorgeous room to find the television music station set to a fantastic jazz station and wonderful decor with the towels done in special designs throughout. There was also a Twix candy bar waiting on the bed. This was just in the first five minutes of my experience. Usually when it comes to hotels i just want to get in and get out as fast as possible, but I was blessed to be in this hotel for four nights. This stay came on the back end of three weeks on the road (east and west coast) and it was simply amazing. This hotel should be the prototype for each and every Comfort Hotel. They are my favorite brand, but none have come remotely close to the "Diamond" that I found in Ontario, California.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Sean B,

Thank you so very much for your kind and generous compliments and comments! We appreciate it so much. It is our number one goal to make each and every guest feel welcomed and comfortable when they walk through our doors. We are so pleased that you enjoyed all of the details in the room and that your stay with us was one to remember. Traveling can be tough, so we like to do all that we can to make it a smooth, relaxing and pleasurable. Thank you so much for staying with us and we truly hope that you come back and stay with us again in the future!