All reviewsfront deskconvention centerwafflesa great staynext morningclose to the airportfree breakfastcoffee makerparking lottjmicrowaveshuttlehousekeepingcollegestarbuckssofafreeway
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed one night (would've stayed more) after a long & hot day at the L.A. County Fair. Arrived at the hotel in the early evening and the exterior was well lit and quite attractive. There is a restaurant and Starbucks adjacent to the hotel, as well as fast food restaurants across the street. Check in was a little slow, as they only had one person working the counter and answering the phones. The lobby area is nice and inviting, and has computer terminals for guests to use. The room was large - two queen beds and sofa sleeper - and was clean and well equipped. The room had a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. We used the pool during the evening and while the pool is not very large, it was clean and well maintained. The morning breakfast was good and offered more than the usual continental breakfast. They offerred eggs, bacon, potatoes, waffles, etc. This hotel has everything a guest would want - it is safe, very clean, nice comfortable rooms, amenities nearby, and a good breakfast. Me and my family enjoyed our stay and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Artwrk,

We hope that you and your family had a wonderful time at the LA County fair! We are honored that you found our hotel to be everything a guest could want when traveling. We do our very best to make each guest feel welcomed and at home when coming to stay with us, and I am so pleased we were able to do the same for you and your family. We hope that the next time you are in Ontario that you will come and stay with us again!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My home base, I always stay here when in SoCal. Great people, nice big rooms with great layouts, close to restaurants, you could walk to the Terminals (I have). Super place. But they need a ice machine on the top floor!

Room Tip: Top floor facing Holt, you can see the planes take off.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear drdroad,

Its so great to hear that we are your "home base" when you are are here in SoCal! Thats an amazing compliment, thank you. Im very pleased that you are so comfortable here and find us to be such a convenient location for you. We do apologize for the inconvenience of not having an ice machine on the fourth floor. They are more centrally located on the first and third floors. Thank you again so much for staying with us and we always look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed overnight in order to attend a social function. I am a Choice Member and have stayed at these hotels all over the West. This one was excellent as to cleanliness, courtesy, and amenities such as free internet, big screen TV, exercise room, and business center. It appeared to be a new facility, with no smells and no worn carpets or furniture. No airport noise, but occasional train came by. I will stay there on my next visit. Great manager too!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear R G,

First, let me start by thanking you so very much for being a Choice Member and for choosing our hotel here in Ontario for your recent lodging needs. I am delighted to hear that you appreciate all the amenities we have to offer our guests. We take pride in the cleanliness and service of the hotel and try to make each persons stay an award wining experience. Thank you again so much for staying with us and anytime you're in the Ontario area, we'd love to have you come stay with us again!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

As a frequent guest at Choice Hotels, I was excited to stay at the number 1 rated hotel in the chain. All was well when my girlfriend and I checked in. We were warmly greeted by the hotel clerk and the room was nice with a Welcome Robert written on the mirror and a candy on the bedspread and the hand towels artfully wrapped. The mattress was on the hard side.

Then it happened. I left early morning to drive to meetings in downtown LA. My girlfriend went down for breakfast an hour later. When she returned to the room, the key no longer worked. When she asked for a new key, they refused, saying she was not a registered guest. She did not have her cell phone or purse with ID, so she could not call me. They allowed her to borrow the phone to call me, but I was driving, so I didn't answer. The phone rang again, so I pulled off the next exit to call the Ontario number back. My girlfriend told me the hotel had grabbed the phone back from her and told her she would have to wait in the lobby until I called back or returned to the hotel. I returned the call and said I allow her in our room. That was not good enough. I asked if I could email them permission do they would have it in writing. THAT wasn't good enough. They told me I had to fax a letter authorizing entry to our room , along with a copy of my credit card and driver license, both front and back in order for her to enter. I asked to speak with my girlfriend to tell her i was working on fixing the problem, and then found a FedEx Office. I sent the requested information, resulting in me being late for my meeting. My girlfriend nor I were ever offered any apology. Do you think this would have happened if she were white? I don't think so... Needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel due to their ridiculous discriminatory practices. They have not heard the last fromm...

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Rthomma
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for noticing all the extras we do in preparing for our guests. As a frequent guest of choice hotels, we are grateful for your loyalty to our brand. As we discussed on the telephone, you commented that it was nice that we have high security at our hotel. For the safety of all our guests, anyone occupying a room must be registered guest. On the first day that you checked in, you were able to register another person if needed. You acknowledged, when speaking with you on the phone, that your guest came in after you checked in to visit you and you failed to register her name even after we accommodated a half day check out for you. It is unfortunate that your guest had to wait for authorization to be sent by you, but we cannot take any chances, being as, it is our hotel policy to make sure every person asking for a room key is a registered guest. Thank you for understanding our security policy.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stay at least 150 + nights a year on the road and mostly at Choice Hotels for the points (however choice is allowing most of their properties to decline).
Having said that, I can't tell you how many different Comfort Suites I have been in and this is HANDS DOWN THE BEST.
I could write a story about it all but there is no need. Its FIRST CLASS, the BEST Choice Hotel I have stayed in to date! I only wish I worked in that area more so I could use this hotel.

Do not hesitate to book here, you will be amazed. Choice needs to send all there owner here to learn how to do it right.

Oh yea, you get 10-20% off at local restaurants too!

Room Tip: Upper floor is always better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GW1115

Thank you so very much for all of the wonderful comments! We appreciate you for choosing us! It was a pleasure having you here. We truly take pride in the service that we provide to our guests and do everything we can to make each guests stay as comfortable, relaxing and welcoming as we can. It’s an amazing compliment when guests tell us they will definitely be back, so thank you so very much! We look forward to seeing you again!