All reviews front desk convention center waffles a great stay next morning close to the airport free breakfast coffee maker parking lot tj microwave shuttle housekeeping college starbucks sofa freeway
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

As a frequent guest at Choice Hotels, I was excited to stay at the number 1 rated hotel in the chain. All was well when my girlfriend and I checked in. We were warmly greeted by the hotel clerk and the room was nice with a Welcome Robert written on the mirror and a candy on the bedspread and the hand towels artfully wrapped. The mattress was on the hard side.

Then it happened. I left early morning to drive to meetings in downtown LA. My girlfriend went down for breakfast an hour later. When she returned to the room, the key no longer worked. When she asked for a new key, they refused, saying she was not a registered guest. She did not have her cell phone or purse with ID, so she could not call me. They allowed her to borrow the phone to call me, but I was driving, so I didn't answer. The phone rang again, so I pulled off the next exit to call the Ontario number back. My girlfriend told me the hotel had grabbed the phone back from her and told her she would have to wait in the lobby until I called back or returned to the hotel. I returned the call and said I allow her in our room. That was not good enough. I asked if I could email them permission do they would have it in writing. THAT wasn't good enough. They told me I had to fax a letter authorizing entry to our room , along with a copy of my credit card and driver license, both front and back in order for her to enter. I asked to speak with my girlfriend to tell her i was working on fixing the problem, and then found a FedEx Office. I sent the requested information, resulting in me being late for my meeting. My girlfriend nor I were ever offered any apology. Do you think this would have happened if she were white? I don't think so... Needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel due to their ridiculous discriminatory practices. They have not heard the last fromm...

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Rthomma
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for noticing all the extras we do in preparing for our guests. As a frequent guest of choice hotels, we are grateful for your loyalty to our brand. As we discussed on the telephone, you commented that it was nice that we have high security at our hotel. For the safety of all our guests, anyone occupying a room must be registered guest. On the first day that you checked in, you were able to register another person if needed. You acknowledged, when speaking with you on the phone, that your guest came in after you checked in to visit you and you failed to register her name even after we accommodated a half day check out for you. It is unfortunate that your guest had to wait for authorization to be sent by you, but we cannot take any chances, being as, it is our hotel policy to make sure every person asking for a room key is a registered guest. Thank you for understanding our security policy.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stay at least 150 + nights a year on the road and mostly at Choice Hotels for the points (however choice is allowing most of their properties to decline).
Having said that, I can't tell you how many different Comfort Suites I have been in and this is HANDS DOWN THE BEST.
I could write a story about it all but there is no need. Its FIRST CLASS, the BEST Choice Hotel I have stayed in to date! I only wish I worked in that area more so I could use this hotel.

Do not hesitate to book here, you will be amazed. Choice needs to send all there owner here to learn how to do it right.

Oh yea, you get 10-20% off at local restaurants too!

Room Tip: Upper floor is always better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GW1115

Thank you so very much for all of the wonderful comments! We appreciate you for choosing us! It was a pleasure having you here. We truly take pride in the service that we provide to our guests and do everything we can to make each guests stay as comfortable, relaxing and welcoming as we can. It’s an amazing compliment when guests tell us they will definitely be back, so thank you so very much! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the great reviews and wanted to be near the ONT airport, wanted a shuttle, breakfast, laundry room, fitness center. Everything was great and would've given 5 stars if they had better sound proofing. Could hear the train, airplanes, A/C going on and off, other guests, etc. Thankfully I had ear plugs and managed to get some sleep. Otherwise, would have considered leaving for another hotel. From other reviews, I knew about the noise, so I requested a "quieter" room at the back of the hotel. The train was still very loud. I don't think you can escape the noise from any room in the hotel.

Also, they do have a perfumey smell (febreeze?) in the hotel. I requested no spray and they were great about airing out the room before we checked in. However, the perfume smell was very strong by the computer/printers in the lobby.

Would highly recommend this hotel if you don't mind the noise!

Room Tip: I don't think you can avoid the noise from the train from any room in this hotel. Bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Ontario. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities. From the wide variety we have to offer at breakfast, to the laundry room and fitness center. We are also glad you appreciated that we aired out your room prior to your arrival. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This motel and Staff are the best there is. The manager of this great Motel knows no strangers everyone staying as a guest are treated like family. The snack room is full of goodies you don't have to leave the Motel to enjoy a snack. I stay there several days at a time working and when
returning You are greeted with a Big Smile.Breakfast is way better then your average Motel's.
The rooms are like home everything you need is there.When I'm working in southern cal. I will stay at this Motel and commute back and forth. Can't say enough about this Motel and Staff.
Thanks Joan and Staff
Richard (Rick) Fuller

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for all of the great compliments and for your confidence in our staff, we are here to serve you. It is our goal to make your stay as close to “home” as possible and I am glad we have met your needs. It is always a pleasure having you stay here with us. Thank you again. We appreciate you!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a good choice for a stay. The Hotel has been a Choice Hotel of the Year for several years and the folks that work there take that seriously. The hotel was very similar in condition to most of the other Choice Properties that I have stayed in. But the people were much more engaged with the Customer. Price was very fair for the area and amenities like the pool and breakfast were better than average.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the lovely compliment. Our staff works very hard to meet all of our guests needs. We appreciate that you acknowledged our hotel, because that’s what makes us number one! So thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us soon!