“Off the "freaking chart wonderful"”

Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for six back to back nights. Every member of the staff first of all is so friendly and helpful. Walk down the hall early in the morning and meet a housekeeper they will greet you and smile. Great way to start you day. The breakfast is second to none. More selection and fresh than any hotel I have ever stayed. Take in consideration that we are on the road coast to coast for well over three hundred days a year with at least 140-160 stays at hotels nationwide.

I can't explain how clean and comfy this place is. The rooms are superior! The staff, if time permits even decorates your mirror with a custom message welcoming you to the property. It's so many little things I can't even mention them all that make this establishment a place you won't want to leave. Better than home in most cases.

I will always make this hotel first on my list and the manager Joan Ericksen is the reason. She is a very warm understanding person that recognizes the importance of making guest feel truly welcome. If you are planning to stay here book ahead because she keeps this hotel occupied with repeat customers. All her guests are treated like family. Lots of humor and friendliness.

I am almost willing to put in the fine print that if your stay here isn't as good as I say I WILL give you a refund....

Keep it up Joan!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear luv2dinealot,

Wow! Thank you so much for such an outstanding review! It means the world to us that we are able to make this feel like a home away from home for you, especially since you travel most of the year. I have shared your review with my entire staff, who too, are delighted that you feel so comfortable and welcomed when you stay with us. That is our #1 goal! Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us. Its really a pleasure having you here!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Once again I had another great stay at the Comfort Suites Ontario. I think this is the 4th time in this location.
I called ahead and asked for a room away from stairs or elevator and requested they not spray the febreeze in the room (I have a super sensitive sniffer). This request was no issue and the room was just as requested.
The only thing I noticed that room 415 was on the west side of hotel, and while the temp was set to cool to 70, I think it was about 5 degrees warmer in there. I lowered it to 63 at 5pm, went to workout, went to dinner and came back after sun went down and the cool finally caught up to the point I was shivering! I mentioned to girl upon checkout, she mentioned she'd share that maybe they should lower the temp in those west rooms now that summer is here ahead of check ins.
One other (very minor) thing would be to put a door stop in the room to keep the bathroom door open a bit, it gets stuffy in there since the a/c unit is on the window and the door falls closed.
Breakfast seemed better than last time, plenty of hot and cold choices, fresh fruit, good coffee too.
The hotel is still clean, they have insipriational quotes in the room and in the gym and there are so many personal touches that make the place FAR above any other comfort suites you will stay in.
My rate was great - $86 (booked thru my company) which REALLY beat the much higher rate I paid for what really should have been a similarly ranked hotel at $107 in Riverside my prior 2 nights)...That hotel was NOTHING close to comfort suites in what you get for your money. In fact the rates should have been reversed.
Shuttle service was timely and reliable, nice to chat with the drivers (who also double as housekeeping or breakfast hosts)
I doubt you can go wrong with choosing this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of hotel in case it is too hot for a/c to catch up.

Dear KKJACKS,

Thank you so much once again for staying with us here at Comfort Suites Ontario. I am pleased to hear that we were able to fully accomodate your room requests. I appreciate so much that you took the time to speak to Brittany at the front desk and inform her of the air conditioning temperature issue that you incurred. She went straight to the head of housekeeping and let her know about the issue, and we are now setting all of our air conditioners to a lower temp during the summertime so that all of our guests walk into a nice cool room. Thank you for your comment regarding this. It truly helps us be the best we can be! We hope that you come back soon and see us again!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The First Time I Went There I Was Greeted Like I Was A LONG Lost Family Member . The Next Time I Was On Crutches Thay Waited On Me Like A If I Was A King Even Now Thay Still Take Good CARE Of Me That Are Aceses To ME

Room Tip: I Have Stayed On Ever Floor Thay Are Good To ME
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear Peter M,

It is so great to hear that you feel so welcomed when you come and stay with us. We like to treat our guests as if they are a part of our family and can relax and feel right at home. We enjoy having you stay with us and appreciate you very much. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I spend 200 plus days a year in motels due to work, I have never been in a better motel than this one. It is very hard to put into words how I feel about this motel and its managment and staff. They go beyond to help thier guest and anyone needing help coming off the street. I have witnessed this several times. I stay in this motel anytime in southern california no mater where the job is located. Its clean thruout. Breakfast cold or hot is fantastic.

1  Thank Richard F
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Dear RichardF,

I cant tell you just how wonderful it is to read your comments and compliments about our hotel! We appreciate so much that you come and stay with us anytime that you have work out here in Southern California. We truly love having you and always enjoying chatting about whats new. Drive safely and we look forward to your next visit out here Mr. F!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My mothers plane was delayed 3 hours at Ontario and she would not be able to catch her connecting flight. She was given a free night by Southwest Airlines at the Comfort Suite. When we arrived we were informed that the hotel was booked full but they would upgrade her to DoubleTree hotel and Comfort would pay the difference. Joan, the general manager was fantastic. She led us to Doubletree and made sure that all went smooth. Bill at the front desk of Comfort Suites was also fantastic in his concern to help us.At the Doubletree Edwin at the front desk was wonderful and the cookies were excellent. The next morning my mother was picked up by a Comfort Shuttle and taken to an excellent breakfast at Comfort Suites. The shuttle got her to the Airport and was able to reach her destination on Friday. My mother is 83. If you are in Ontario and cannot decide where to say I suggest the Comfort Inn at Ontario Airport. Kudos to all. Thanks Again for your attention.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Phillip C,

Your mother is a wonderful lady and such a delight! It was our pleasure to accomodate her in that distressing situation. I am so thrilled to hear that whilst she had issues with her flight and had to stay the night in Ontario, she was able to relax and be comfortable knowing that she would be taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreicate the wonderful recognition!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We ended up here at the Comfort Suites while on a California/Arizona road trip. Our reservation was actually for the Doubletree, and upon arrival there we were notified that there was a planned power outage approaching. Apparently there was a chance the power might be out until 5:30 AM, which wasn't our idea of fun (dark hotel with a flashlight and no air conditioning - yuck). The Doubletree was happy to relocate us to the Comfort Suites just down the road. We were pleasantly surprised to find a newer, clean hotel with friendly and welcoming front desk staff. Our room was awesome and we slept well in the comfy beds. Free breakfast (hot and cold choices with tasty coffee) and free WiFi made our experience even more enjoyable. It is clear that this Comfort Suites is run by people who truly care about what kind of impression is left with their guests. Though I normally stay at Hilton properties, I will definitely consider Comfort Suites for my future travels!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
caa15, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear SouthwestRoadTripper,

I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Comfort Suites Ontario Airport! Im pleased that you found your accomodations with us to be better than you had anticipated. We try our best to make each guest feel welcomed and comfortable during their stay. Im happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the selections that we offer after having a good nights sleep in our comfy beds. Much needed during a long road trip, I'm sure! Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. Next time you're on a trip out this way, we hope you'll choose to stay with us again. Happy travels!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have been traveling most of my business career and it is a great pleasure to find a hotel that has the staff that really cares about servicing the guests staying at thier location. Joan and her staff are extremely friendly and helpful not to mention they lesson when you talk to them about our needs and just the standard operation of the hotel. I stay at this hotel even though it requires me to drive a good distance away to start my day and in LA that is saying alot. Great place to have to spent time away from home, bravo......good job, thanks.

Room Tip: No guess work here they are all great.....