“Wonderful Five Day Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Redmond, Oregon
“Wonderful Five Day Stay”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here five days in January. Older but clean hotel. Easy check in. Good parking above and below ground. Kind of hard to find when you're tired as this hotel doesn't face the main street. Super high speed internet. Suite size is a bit tight. Bathroom is good. Shower was one of the better we've experienced. 2 large TVs. 2 remotes. Nice to be able to close the bedroom door so others can sleep in.
2 elevators that run fast.

1st day breakfast was okay. Offered small taters, scrambled eggs, thin bacon, coffee cakes and muffins. Cold cereal. The 2% milk was good and cold. Nice choice of juices. The breakfast vary from scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes, to eggs patties, sausage patties. Good choice of breads, coffee cakes and muffins. On our 5th and last breakfast my wife commented that it was hard to find anything wrong with this hotel. The breakfast room is not a large room. On weekends it gets crowded, especially if there are entire Little League teams staying there.

The breakfast staff kept the food choices filled and we especially liked that they were constantly sanitizing and wiping down the tables. We plan to stay here again when in Ontario. The Ontario Mills Mall is huge and directly across the street. Great place to shop and people watch.

Room Tip: Top floor quiet side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about the positive experience you had at our hotel recently. We are thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels bring you back to the Ontario area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very comfortable hotel! Has a very cozy front desk, the staff is very kind and great service is provided by them. There is free breakfast, but it is more than a simple continental breakfast! it is self-service but great quality on food. Don't spend more in a restaurant you should take advantage of this service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are very pleased that our location near the Ontario Mills Mall was convenient for you and that you enjoyed our facility and breakfast so much. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience and hope you will visit us again soon when you come to the Ontario area.
Fresno, California
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a safe place near known restaurants. 2 minute walk to the front door of Ontario Mills Mall and next door to Outback Steakhouse.If you're looking for a cozy, secure and clean hotel that is valued price, this is it. No frills, no gift shop but a nice breakfast. You don't go to Ontario as a destination, it's a place to hold you over until you get there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. We appreciate you letting other potential guests know about our hotel, amenities and location. Many of our guests are visiting family or friends in the area while others come for a weekend of shopping at the Ontario Mills Mall or for a concert or event at the Citizens Bank Arena. Regardless of what brought them here, we try to provide all of the comforts of a home away from home. We are happy to hear we were successful.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Room size is a little bit tight for a party of 4, comfy beds and good housekeeping. Everything works well in the bathroom and good totiletry provided. Tv signal were really bad but the hotel just opposite to the big shopping mall. The coutesy of the front desk young girl made you feel welcomed and fresh cookied too. The services from the breakfast area were really good,very efficient to refill food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review regarding your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you liked our location near the Ontario Mills Mall. I had not heard that there was a problem with our TV reception but will definitely look into this. We hope that we will be your choice should you find yourself back in the Ontario area in the future!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Country Inn is my favourite choice anywhere, and the one located near the LA suburbs of Ontario, Upland and Rancho Cucamonga is good enough too.
The hotel is also conveniently close to Ontario airport and Ontario Mills mall.
The room was very nice and fresh, the service is friendly, bathroom and air conditioning are perfect. This hotel also has a very comfortable underground parking.
I was only disappointed with the seemingly slow internet connection, in addition to the bad TV reception. Maybe my room was in a shadow or something. It was strange anyway. The wireless internet was sometimes completely useless. A wonderful new flat TV sitting in the room and showing snowy analog signal, it's a pity.
The breakfast was wonderful as always in the Country Inn world, but the space was way too small for the number of guests. It was often impossible to get a seat for breakfast if you show up during the peak hour.
Didn't try the outdoor pool, but it seemed nice.
Generally a very lovely and recommendable hotel, but not the highest rating due to the issues mentioned above.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for submitting your review of your stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and took good care of your needs. Your comments regarding the Internet and television reception concerns me. This is not usually a complaint at our hotel. I see that your stay was last August. We had 10 Little League teams staying at our hotel for about 10 days during that month. All of these kids had cell phones, games etc that used up Internet strength, slowing it down for all of our other guests. They also caused the congestion in the breakfast room on some mornings even though we had a separate eating area designated for them. I have to assume that this was the situation during your stay and you would not likely experience this problem again. We hope that we will see you again if you find yourself in our area again!!
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Overall a comfortable stay for two nights in Ontario. The hotel was a little more difficult to find than expected since the front seems to face the business park entrance and not the main street, but once there and checked in we had a good stay. Don't forget to ask for your cookie from the front desk. The ones they keep back there are much better than the free cookie bin by the front door.

The breakfast was a hit both mornings, with nice hot eggs. The diced ham on the second day was not as hot as it could have been, not sure if it was put in the dish direct from the fridge or if it was heated up first, but since it was going in a tortilla with cheese and eggs it didn't really matter. My daughter loved the cereal choices. Suggestion though, how about some honey nut Cheerios. :)

Only had one small hiccup. The toilet stopped up the first day we were there. The maintenance man was reasonably quick to come fix it, but afterwards the room smelled as though sewage backed up. The maintenance guy did a really good job cleaning up after his work, so I don't believe it was anything he left behind and the toilet did not over flow. Not sure if a vent was blocked or what, but we really noticed it each time we returned to the room. It was not terrible, but it was noticeable. We didn't complain either-it would have been more hassle to move rooms, if offered, than to put up with the it. It also definitely seemed like an anomaly, which is why I still give four stars.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gsyoungblood
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We will definitely look into the odor problem you mentioned in your room to ensure that if there is anything wrong it is fixed immediately. Again, thank you for sharing your positive experience and encouraging others to stay at the Country Inn & Suites - Ontario Mills.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed December 24, 2012

What started out as a really nice stay ended horribly. I live 10 minutes away and came here to enjoy the whirlpool for the night with my husband. We arrived with only his computer backpack, my backpack-style purse, a pillow and the clothes on our back.

Before stepping in the whirlpool, I took off my diamond watch and diamond bracelet and put them in the drawer next to the bed. Before checking out, I forgot to take them out. I phoned the hotel 2 hours after check-out.

I asked if the room and been cleaned already and re-assigned, but my question was not answered. I first told the clerk to not ask housekeeping if they found anything and to go into the room herself and look. I was simply told to hold on and then told I would be telephoned right back. Sure enough, I received a call back in about 2 minutes "We checked with housekeeping. There was nothing found"!!! Unbelieveable!

The Assistant General Manager gets on the phone and tells me that never in the history of their property has there ever been a theft there. I told her there's a first time for everything. I told her where I left my items and she tells me "That's not where you said you left it when I first talked to you, you said it was in the desk" What?!!!! I said desk drawer next to bed. Who are you defending.

The General Manager says the housekeepers "swear adamantly" that they didn't see any jewelry left behind.

Well it's been four days ago and I'm home now. still with no jewelry, not in my purse, not left in my car and the only place I went that night was to the Country Inn Suites.

I've never had to leave a review like this before and my husband and I travel the world. This was my 3rd year anniversary bracelet and I am crushed. My husband wants to buy another, but it's not the same. This has been extremely emotional for me. I will never forget this!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetohittheroad
cisgm, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We apologize again that we were unable to locate the personal items you left in your room. Your room had already been cleaned when you called and when the Assistant Manager went to the room to look for your belongings, they were not there. The two housekeepers who had cleaned the room had left for the day, nothing had been turned in to their supervisor and when they were contacted at home and asked about your belongings they both adamantly stated that they had not found them when cleaning the room. We have had our housekeepers turn in lap tops, telephones and other items of value and have never had anyone accuse them of stealing. We agree that this is a very unfortunate situation however we have no proof that anything was taken. We take this situation very seriously and have re-addressed the policies we have in place in the event that a guest leaves something in their room when they leave.