Ontario Grand Inn & Suites
$179
$119
Residence Inn
$79
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Hotel Indigo is probably the best kept secret in Ontario! I booked the Indigo through Hotwire simply because it was the best price for the area of Ontario that I wanted to be in. I was looking for something close to Ontario Intl Airport & Ontario Mills, knowing that most hotels in that vicinity run upwards of $125/night I jumped when Hotwire offered a room for $54/night. The only catch with Hotwire is that you can’t see the name of the hotel until after you purchase and I had never heard of the Indigo. After a little internet research I was optimistic.

Check in went smoothly and the attendant was friendly and professional. The lobby has a relaxing atmosphere and the restaurant, workout room, and business center are right off of the lobby which is convenient. I had a Non-Smoking King room on the ground floor which made for quick and easy exits. The 10ft ceilings are probably the first thing I noticed, next was the beautiful hardwood floors. What a welcome change from the normal low-popcorn-coated-ceilings and sticky commercial indoor/outdoor carpet found in most budget hotels. The bed was big and fluffy, the leather office chair was large and ergo, and the 42in flat screen was already set to ESPN… how much better does it get? Actually it gets a lot better. Spa-inspired tile shower with a large glass door and Aveda bath products. Mini-fridge, coffee maker, safe, full size iron & ironing board, plenty of extra towels, daily maid service, the room even has a doorbell. I had two windows that looked right out at a coy pond and garden, very relaxing. The hotel is also located on a dead-end street in the executive/office district of Ontario, There is no traffic noise, all the buildings are new and clean, it really is a beautiful place to take a walk at any time of day or night.

There were a few minor drawbacks. My room was next to a elevator, you couldn’t hear the “dings” but you could hear the elevator motor, not a big deal to me but it might be to very light sleeper. No continental breakfast. There was a clump of hair in the shower when I arrived, easily rectified.

All in all, the Indigo is a fresh take on the hotel experience. Clean, smart, and modern. And I got a really smokin’ deal!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2009

DaBreon checked us in, and Chris fed us in the morning. An initial glitch (e.g. our first room hadn't been cleaned) was quickly remedied by DaBreon, the front desk clerk. He got us into a different suite. The next suite was clean but had stuff left in one of the drawers from the previous occupant; I do not think housekeeping is very well organized. It was also almost 6 p.m. on our second day before they cleaned the room, and I had to stand next to what seemed to be the head housekeeper for about 5 minutes while she spoke to someone on her radio, before she asked me what I needed-I asked her to please clean my room before we came back to get ready for dinner. In the room, there is this weird wide open space when you walk in, and although I think they were going for the minimalist Euro feel, it just seemed like they ran out of the money they needed to put a small table and a couple of chairs there. Also the desk chair had a sharp metal shard that broke off in my thumb (cheap furniture). Although the bed was reasonable, they would be well advised to take some direction from the Starwood guy who thought of the idea of super comfortable beds with "heavenly" soft sheets. The sheets here were old and rough. I had them changed after the first night, but the second one wasn't all that much better. For the most part the stay was worth it at 150 per night for the suite, but it is unlikely I would stay there again in Ontario. I wouldn’t avoid this hotel for the right price if I found one in another city.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Beautiful Hotel, well appointed trendy and classy furniture. Spa-like bathroom with all the amenities you could ask for. Plasma tvs in every room, plenty of space for families and children. 40 minutes from Disneyland in Anaheim, CA and minutes away from the Ontario Mall. I was very impressed. I would highly recommend to anyone..esp. families....romantic getaways...or even business travelers.....best value in CA.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LisainAZ
Reviewed February 20, 2009

Indigo is a best kept secret. Great new botique hotel with exceptional staff trained to wow us guests even in the little stuff.

Please don't tell (all of) your friends and family...because then we will never ever get a reservation.

Bobby D., Modesto, CA

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I had a great two-night stay in the Hotel Indigo. The rooms were surprisingly nice for the price. The furniture and decor had a nice "Jonathan Adler" vibe - meaning modern but with a retro chic touch. The bed was comfy and the bathroom had Aveda products. The shower even had a wooden bench (to sit down while I wash my hair?).

I loved the fact that there was a Starbucks right downstairs in the lobby where I could grab a quick caffe latte in the morning. The pool and patio area was a great place to relax.

One of the nicest places to stay in the Inland empire.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)