“Keep looking”

Ontario Grand Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in Ontario
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Don't let the pictures fool you. I will start with the positives. Front desk girls were great. Bed very comfortable and shower was clean. Negatives.... Dirty... there was trash in the elevator on the way up to our room. The room was spacious but like other reviewers there was missing light bulb. That wasn't the worst of it though. There were scary stains on the couch and on the furniture in the bedroom. My daughter found a long hair in her bed. There was some kind of substance dried and stuck to the floor by the couch. The counter/fridge/sink area was dirty and the cabinets were so beat up. The worst of it was we came out to the IE early so we could take advantage of the pool and jacuzzi. WRONG. I sent my kids down ahead of me to scope out and it was so green and dirty even they wouldn't get in it. There was No continental breakfast as advertised. So I CANNOT recommend this place to anyone. Bonus NO NO a surprise $75 charge to my credit card for incidentals that We might have incurred during our stay. It was taken off a few days later but there was NO heads up on that when I booked room. Unless you have no problem with staying in a unkempt, neglected place then go ahead.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in my suites . The only problem was the tv didn't work that good
And tv remote with no battery . And no refrigerator or microwave . After all the staff was very friendly . I love how the bathroom was very clean and my bed I slept on was very comfortable I slept like a baby was great

Reviewed October 18, 2013

What wasn't wrong with our room! Problems with every lamp in the living room (not plugged in, missing a bulb, and one you couldn't turn it on unless you plugged it in). No Styrofoam cups for coffee maker, only one towel in the room (which apparently is the norm after reading Autumn D's review). Checked in at 12 midnight, went down for more towels and for five people, didn't have enough hand towels and only 1 washcloth available (which didn't seem freshly laundered either). This morning, went to housekeeping area where they do the laundry, they couldn't even locate 1 clean washcloth. Shower door leaks water all over the flower, soaked 3 towels, which we didn't have enough of to begin with. Black mold spots in the grout of shower (easily resolved by spraying some bleach cleaner directly on the areas), TV in the bedroom wasn't plugged in and when we tried to plug in, wasn't working, plus the remote was missing. No clock in the bedroom. Breakfast was cereal, muffins, cold coffee. Not even fresh fruit. We requested a room for five people assuming the couch was a pull-out, not so. My poor mother-in-law had to sleep on the couch. Cabinets in the room was scratched up and old, décor in the hallways were tacky (palm trees and other scenery wallpaper covering entire walls...very 70's). Bathroom sink faucet was not secured to the sink (and a piece fell from underneath while my son was using sink). Spoke with very nice Supervisor at front desk, but she only offered discount if we come back. What I liked? Hardwood floors and comfortable bed. Probably will not stay here again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Run don't walk away. I had to stay for business one night. First they didn't have the room advertised, then they put me in a room that had no refrigerator so I had to move because they couldn't have one moved in. So I moved next door. I had to plug in air conditioner, the tv did not work, half of the channels had no sound. I had to unplug and rep lug in several times because of sound and picture. The remote control had no back so the batteries kept coming out. The ice machine was broken. I had no towels in my room. And to top it all off I was gone out of my room for three hours and had my jewelry stolen only to be told the hotel is not responsible. For these privileges I paid $69.00. Just think if I had stayed the whole time what else would have happened.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cinnamon F
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will stay here again. I visit the area often as I have a son that attends one of the Claremont colleges. I liked the decor of the room. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. For what I paid, I feel I got a great deal.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My son and I checked in. Our room wasn't that clean, the chaise lounge was VERY DIRTY and had holes all in it. It was a double room, but there was only one towel, no wash clothes, small towels, etc. We went to the pool, no towels there, I went to the front desk and asked for some towels and were told the housekeeping was not done with the laundry yet, even though by this time it was already 4pm... I had some crazy people in the room above us, arguing, screaming and cussing at each other, storming around the room and slamming the door over and over. Finally my husband got there and he went to the front desk and complained, they put us in a better, quieter and cleaner room.. Once again there was only one towel in this room also. Then next morning I called the front desk at 9am to check what time checkout was. They young lady told me 12 noon. at 11:30 another gentleman called outr room and told us checkout was at 11. I informed him that I called the front desk earlier that morning and they told me 12.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Walked into room, put my purse on the bed to find multiple stains on bed spread!! I then saw that the pillows provided were "throw pillows" used for sofas, not regular pillows appropriate for proper spinal health. I went into the bathroom, the door was scuffed on both sides and mildew on the shower curtain. This was gross. As well, there were no towels besides hand towels. This was too much! I went down to the front desk. I told them about the issues, they just looked at me blankly and I asked for some real pillows and they told me it wasn't there fault I had neck issues!! They didn't apologize but asked if I'd like to change rooms, they were most adamant that they get their key back from the first room back a.s.a.p. I asked for real pillows and they said they wouldn't, so I said in order to get a good sleep I would have to go out and buy pillows myself? Blank stares and a yes reply. I then left and took the new key cards to switch rooms. The bedspread was clean, the bathroom was even worse, the TV channels were pathetic, some no sound and others no picture. I felt like the suite was an Ikea dorm room that puked every colour in the living area with a huge wall with Cacti on it with blue and orange/red in the sitting area. There was plaster coming off the corners and dirt and scuffs on the walls. The bathroom door was a huge streak of dirt. The bathroom kit was bodywash, no soap but a toothbrush holder that was worse then mine at home, probably not cleaned in months. These guys just did not care at all. I have the pictures to prove it. WOW, I have been in better 2 star places, even dives have been cleaner then this. It took my boyfriend going down to the front desk to get real pillows - we also figured out that the tiny pillows were multiply folded in from smaller sized regular pillows and the staff never knew it - they just didn't know it. The front desk staff were apathetic. Their morning breakfast? Dry cereal and milk, not even toast and jam. We passed on that. This was THE worst hotel we've stayed at and as a couple we travel a lot. We don't usually post negative reviews but this was so bad it needed to be posted to warn others. It's concerning that we thought about bedbugs and the mildew again in the bathroom. I checked myself in the morning to make sure I was alright. The health board needs to come in to this place. The owners need to come in a do an overhaul and get their staff retrained or replaced.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time on a suite, it's just wasted wood floor with nothing on it.